Author Topic: Buying a Camera  (Read 73203 times)

Offline Sondra312

• Llama Wrangler
Buying a Camera
« on: February 06, 2011, 05:12:18 PM »
It tells my Sim to buy a Camera but i have no idea where to look. I looked in the buy mode on the game but couldn't find it. Do I need to upload from the site?

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: Buying a Camera
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 05:21:58 PM »
You need to travel to get one. You can get cheap ones in China and France, but the good ones are in Egypt.
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 05:23:10 PM »
Just typed all this out and then Simstar posted.  :D So a lot of mine is a bit repeated.  ;)

The Camera can be bought from either France, China or Egypt. Egypt has the best Camera on sale. You can sometimes find Cameras in the Consignment Store if you have Ambitions. I assume you have World Adventures to get the Camera Wish. You just have to go to the the General Store and Buy and scroll around till you find a camera.  ;)

If you don't want to travel and don't mind cheating then you can use BuyDebug.

▬ ctrl+shift+c (Opens Cheat Window)
 ▬ testingcheatsanabled true
 ▬ ctrl+shift+c (Opens Cheat Window Again)
 ▬ BuyDebug

Then you get a ? in the Buy Mode Categories and you have access to spawners, tomb objects and all the items from the Expansions you have. If you go on Misc then you scroll down until you find the cameras.  ;)

Quote from: From Carls Guide
World Adventures Cheats
While teleporting, making needs always green, and giving your Sims cash is nice while traveling, the Sims 3's World Adventures expansion adds one known new cheat to the game. To use it, first enable "god mode" by typing testingcheatsenabled true followed by buydebug. This cheat allows your Sim to purchase all the new items in the expansion pack and enables you to partake in Tomb Building. This can be useful for fixing broken merchants in the new destinations' marketplaces. If a vendor isn't there you can enable this mode, delete their cash register and place another one of the same kind in its place. Purchasing Pangu's Axe and other unique items can also be helpful for people who don't mind cheating their way through.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Sondra312

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 06:41:41 PM »
Thank you both for responding. Maybe it's a good time for a vacation for my sims. Thanks again.