Author Topic: Roof question  (Read 6438 times)

Lippy667

Roof question
« on: February 13, 2011, 09:36:36 AM »
Does anyone know if it is possible to make different pitched roofs on the same house on the PS3?  For instance, I am trying to build a Cape Cod style house where the covered porch in the front has a low pitch roof (usually about a 4 pitch) and then the main house is usually pretty steep (about a 10 - 12 pitch).  I tried making separate roofs but when I change the "roof height" it seems to always effect all the roofs at the same time. 

I wasn't sure if it was possible but it would be nice as lots of house styles use different pitches in the design.  Thanks.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Roof question
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 09:46:43 AM »
While I initially thought there was a way to do this, I have recently come to the conclusion that this isn't possible.  And some of the scale differences between roof styles are ludicrous.

I was trying to build a colonial style plantation house, with octagonal "towers" on the front corners.  The domed roofs didn't look right on the towers (you can't control the pitch of those), but the octagonal roof looked nice.  I wanted to use that gable roof (the one with the wall on the long side, I don't remember the name just now).  But with the width of the house, the main roof would be 3 1/2 stories high unless I wanted a virtually flat roof on the towers.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Lippy667

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 04:07:29 PM »
Well, that's disappointing.  And I thought that trying to get the dormers in right would be the hard part.  The dormers were actually fairly easy.  One of the few things that worked out the way I thought they would.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 08:15:42 PM »
Actually you can :D. I didn't think it was possible either, but I recently discovered the 'change pitch' button in the roofing section. It's near the bottom of the roof tools panel and can adjust the pitch of roof pieces separately. It definitely came with Ambitions, but I'm not sure whether it came with the patch or with the game.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 09:59:27 PM »
Actually you can :D. I didn't think it was possible either, but I recently discovered the 'change pitch' button in the roofing section. It's near the bottom of the roof tools panel and can adjust the pitch of roof pieces separately. It definitely came with Ambitions, but I'm not sure whether it came with the patch or with the game.

When I use that slider, it adjusts all of the roof heights at the same time.

Although, since you mentioned this, I think I'm possibly missing a step somewhere along the way.  I distinctly remember doing this before.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 10:04:00 PM »
Once you're on the roof tool, there's a slider that changes the height of the entire roof.  If you use the button called Roof Section Pitch Control, you can adjust the pitch of individual sections.  Just put your cursor over the section you want to change and your cursor turns into an up/down arrow.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 10:08:47 PM »
Once you're on the roof tool, there's a slider that changes the height of the entire roof.  If you use the button called Roof Section Pitch Control, you can adjust the pitch of individual sections.  Just put your cursor over the section you want to change and your cursor turns into an up/down arrow.

I knew I did this before!!

Thanks Pam, I now know I'm not crazy.  Well, not as crazy...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Lippy667

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 12:07:37 PM »
Does anyone know if there is a way to do it on the consoles?

anything