Author Topic: Finding the Documents in Landgraab du Cheteau  (Read 54136 times)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Finding the Documents in Landgraab du Cheteau
« on: February 14, 2011, 08:07:41 AM »
I'm unsure of what the opportunity was called, but it's the one where you have to find the documents in Landgraab du Cheteau after you've been given the key to the ground keepers journal.

I was just wondering where the documents are located?
I've explored most of the house, and stood on all the switches I could find (as well as turning on the stereos), but I just can't seem to find my way.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Finding the Documents in Landgraab du Cheteau
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 11:59:25 AM »
It's been a while since I've done this, so I could be wrong...but I don't think I am.

I believe they are located in the room on the other side of the foyer on the front of the house (the side that you don't enter through the first time).  There are several hidden traps in the foyer (as evidenced by the numerous scorch marks on the floor), but there is a pushable statue that you can use to deactivate them.  That's the door that requires the key, I believe. 

The room(s) beyond are relatively safe, except for the study near the front of the building...and that's trap central.  But you deactivate the traps by turning the stereo on.  The documents should be in the chest behind the desk.  The rest of the rooms here also contain many lootable items.  ;)
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 12:52:01 PM »
I think that the one you're referring to may be the one where you have to search for the journal.
I was able to do that one.

But thank you for your help anyway :)

Leto85

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 06:08:47 PM »
Wasn't it the Library at the second floor? I really think it is. And than the chest at the very end of the door. It may will sparkle or something like that so you can not mis it.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 07:40:49 PM »
Alexandria, if you're running "The Groundkeepers Journal" adventure, your Sim should have a heart shaped key stone, right? The place you are looking for is the small shack at the top left of the lot (when you're facing the front of the mansion.) The keystone goes in the front door of the shack.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 07:54:36 PM »
There's a library on the second floor?
I knew there was one on the bottom floor, which contained the contents for the other adventure.
This is the one where you need to enter through the ballroom, turn on the stereo, then move the statues.

As for the key and the ground keepers shack, I've passed that stage. I've been into the shack, got the journal, then I went and did a few tasks to get the key to the journal. But then the next stage of the Adventure (It may be called Landgraab Crawl?) involves finding documents in the house.
I've explored all of the bottom and second floor with no luck, and I can't figure out how to get the the third floor.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 09:50:30 PM »
I'm trying to remember this one for you. The stairs to the third floor are to the left of the main entrance - take the main staircase to the second floor then turn left 90 degrees, they should be right in front of you. On the third floor you should find an empty room (except for a chest) and a sitting room/office with access to the rear balcony with the telescope on it. I believe the documents are in the chest in this room.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 12:05:59 AM »
That sounds similar to something I read on another site.
Your answer was so much more clear than what the other site said, so thank you. I'll give that a try.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 03:05:19 AM »
I don't know if it's for this one, but one of the Landgraab adventures requires Pangu's Axe so you can bust some boulders on the ground outside the main house.  There's a stairwell underneath them, I think.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Leto85

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 04:30:48 AM »
That last site has a lot of information - I might read through it all one day. I discovered from it that the adventure I was doing was called Chateau Crawl, which is part of the Landgraab I: Kidnapper? adventure.

I still didn't find the exact path, but when I play my game next, I'll give all this stuff a try :)

Thanks.

Leto85

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 04:44:49 AM »
No problem. I also advice you to try the Prima Guide. The info in it has a change of being outdated because it came out before the expansions release date instead of the other way around, but info related to quests and tombs are still up to date, as for as far as I know. :)

Offline soyrosalia

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 05:06:37 PM »
I get to the top of the stairs on the second floor, its empty except for two doors.  I get to a door with a trap in front of it that I cant disarm or use shower in a can and cross..and another door that is locked.  I am on the adventure called Find Documents and I have been up and down and all around this house..turned on stereo, placed statues on blocks.  I'm stuck!

Leto85

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 05:34:43 PM »
I get to the top of the stairs on the second floor, its empty except for two doors.  I get to a door with a trap in front of it that I cant disarm or use shower in a can and cross..and another door that is locked.  I am on the adventure called Find Documents and I have been up and down and all around this house..turned on stereo, placed statues on blocks.  I'm stuck!

You could try to teleport your way around the house if you can't find your way into certain rooms. It's a part of the meditation progress a sims goes through when he start mediating. The sims first levitates, than can teleport at will to a certain location on the map, though limited to only the active lot, if memories save me right.

To use this in your advantage: use the option Look Through Window on the room you want to teleport too, than start meditating as your sims can only teleport to a known location, a location which is actually clickable, so certainly no empty black spaces.

Offline simone23

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 11:17:59 PM »

Which stairs are you using? There is one set that takes you up the house, then down again on the next adventure through the chateau. You should have come in using the key, through the ballroom with the pushable statues (turn on the stereo and push the statues on the switches), then out to the grand staircase by the front door, where you pushed a statue over a trap near the base of the stairs on your first Landgraab adventure. Up the stairs, the traps at the top should have been deactivated by what you did in the ballroom.  The name of the game now is to watch where the deactivation sparkles go and follow them.  Left first, and towards the front of the house, there's a little alcove with a floor switch.  That will send you first to one bedroom, then another, both of which have treasures sitting out and floor switches.  Be sure to inspect the floor in the hall - there are traps there, but you can avoid them by going through the bathroom and little bedroom (plus, if you get singed, you can always jump into a warm tub and save your shower in a can for photo ops).  There is another door on this floor as well, to a charming room with a relic sitting out for the taking, and a secret door that will take you up more stairs to a tower room with some lovely treasure chests.

Once you trigger all three floor switches, take the stairs iwhich are visible from the grand staircase up to the third floor.  The trap has been deactivated, you can browse around the couple of rooms here and pick up whatever treasures are about - be sure to check the desks.  The documents are in a treasure chest in the last room here.