Author Topic: Getting a Child Mummy  (Read 13059 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Getting a Child Mummy
« on: February 16, 2011, 04:00:39 PM »
So I searched the forum but couldn't find this anywhere. My question is:

Can a child (or teen) sleep in the Cursed Sarcophagi of the Kings (or whatever it is) and become a mummy?
Or does it just change one of the child/teen's traits to Evil (like with the SimBot)?
I predict what the answer will be - no, they can't even sleep in it. But re-checking does not hurt. Thanks.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Leto85

Re: Getting a Child Mummy
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 05:17:15 PM »
I could only type 'no'  in this topic to give you a simply brief answer, but that will be not that collied of me.

But I will not let you with empty hands, altough it is indeed not possible for kids to become mummies this way. If you have a mummy, let him or her released in your neightbourhood and when the mummy will have a relationship with another sim and they will have a baby (that is only possible if you don't control your sim) you will have a baby mummy if you make that family your active family after the baby has born. That's the only legal way to do it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 11:18:47 PM »
Thanks, Leto. Now I wonder how a baby mummy looks like. I'll have to find out!
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline skybaker

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 12:18:51 AM »
Just wonder that all mummy created with canopic jars are elder but no other ages.
Now I realize playing the Sims 3 on Mac is playing the game of installation and uninstallation...

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 01:05:31 AM »
If you have a mummy, let him or her released in your neightbourhood and when the mummy will have a relationship with another sim and they will have a baby (that is only possible if you don't control your sim) you will have a baby mummy if you make that family your active family after the baby has born.

Just wonder that all mummy created with canopic jars are elder but no other ages.

So if all other game rules regarding procreation apply, wouldn't the mummy released into the neighborhood have to be a male to have a mummy baby?
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Leto85

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 12:11:39 PM »
So if all other game rules regarding procreation apply, wouldn't the mummy released into the neighborhood have to be a male to have a mummy baby?

I really don't know. Otherwise I would have mentionend it in my other post already. But I thought it was somewhere around this forum that I thought Anushka had posted a picture of a toddler mummy. You could send her an e-mail, but I am not really sure if it was her.
Could be Saltypaws also. Eitherway, I'm sure it sure was a woman! :D

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 11:08:29 PM »
Close Leto, It was me  :). Here's a pic:

It was a particularly interesting bug I had. TheChronicleR, try reading through this thread, there's plenty of information there about Sim/Occult hybrids with a mummy child on page 3. I don't think you'll be able to make a mummy child by choice though.

Since that thread, it's happened again. I'm not sure about this, but if a family with a mummy parent is saved to the Library and placed in another neighbourhood, there seems to be a chance for the babies to end up with mummy traits. I just hope it doesn't screw up my files.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 10:04:24 AM »
That is just plain eerie looking.  I have never seen that before.  I am not sure if I want to even try that or not.  Is that suppose to happen in game or is that  bug?  I guess when you turn them loose, who knows what will happen.  Good screenshot though. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 10:09:22 AM »
Close Leto, It was me  :). Here's a pic:

It was a particularly interesting bug I had. TheChronicleR, try reading through this thread, there's plenty of information there about Sim/Occult hybrids with a mummy child on page 3. I don't think you'll be able to make a mummy child by choice though.

Since that thread, it's happened again. I'm not sure about this, but if a family with a mummy parent is saved to the Library and placed in another neighbourhood, there seems to be a chance for the babies to end up with mummy traits. I just hope it doesn't screw up my files.

Ew, that's disgusting, it's like a normal mummy has been minimized. But I agree, unique screenshot. I am surely not going to try that, but my Sim's pizza appreciator kid (YA) is going to become a mummy after sleeping in the Cursed Sarcophagus. Thanks for the link!

Leto85

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 04:46:41 PM »
Wauw! Ausette! Wonderfull shot. And apologize for giving the credit to another great person on this topic. ;)
Are you making a guide of this still? Yeah I know, I keep asking it. :P