Author Topic: Keep Stories on Topic  (Read 7389 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Keep Stories on Topic
« on: February 28, 2011, 10:00:07 PM »
I've noticed that a lot of the stories in general get off track with the comments by the readers.  While the author appreciates comments on the story, please try to keep comments on topic.  If it goes off in an unrelated direction, the story thread is basically being hijacked and it loses a lot of its integrity, which in turn causes the Forum overall to lose integrity.  When someone new comes to read a story, he/she doesn't want to read a bunch of off topic comments.  Even a lot of "great update" comments become tedious.  So, please, just have a care when posting comments on the story threads and think about the clutter it can create.

Thanks very much.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Keep Stories on Topic
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 11:00:51 PM »
I've asked that everyone keep stories on topic and to avoid making frivolous posts.  Unfortunately, the problem seems to have grown rather than gotten better.  I'm now getting complaints from other members about the excessive number of posts that have nothing to do with the thread.  This means I have to crack down on this problem.  Please do NOT make posts on stories or any other thread that aren't relevant and on topic.  For example, posting nothing but "Yay!" is completely unnecessary and it takes up space on the thread.  One story has post after post telling how many times the story has been read.  Again, completely unnecessary and taking up space.

So, starting now, if the person making the post cannot refrain from posting something off topic or frivolous, the Moderators and I will remove those posts without warning or notification.  I hope this won't be necessary and that everyone will step up and make sure the quality of our threads remains high.

Thanks very much for the cooperation I know will come.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

molly1231

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 02:54:30 PM »
Pam, I have a question. I don't know much about the forum, but I would like to know how do I post stories?

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 05:05:01 PM »
I'm not Pam, but you go to the board you want to post in, select start new topic. From there you can write the name of it, than post it.

anything