Author Topic: Wallpapers by Katluvr  (Read 11251 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Wallpapers by Katluvr
« on: March 05, 2011, 01:50:32 PM »
PLEASE READ

I have heard from a couple of people that these wallpapers are not showing up properly for them in game and I have no idea why it is happening.  Other people have had no issues with them, so I'm really stumped.

In any event, if these files do not appear in the wallpaper tab of your build/buy screen and you would like information on patterns and hex codes I used, please PM me and I will be happy to give you that information.

Here are some of the wallpapers I have used to decorate my dynasty house and vacation homes.  Except for the nursery wall, all of these use patterns I downloaded from BlueMurder on the official TS23 Exchange and she is credited in the file description.

Asian Themed Green Wall with Chair Rail - Featured in the studio and loft of my dynasty home in SV

Blue and Brown Floral Wall with Chair Rail - Jackson and Agnes used this in the living room and kitchen when they first built the dynasty home

Blue Lily Wall with Chair Rail - Jackson and Agnes's bedroom decor

Nursery Wall with Chair Rail - Exactly what it sounds like

Red Blossom Wall with Chair Rail - main wall design featured in the Starr's vacation home in Shang Simla

Sage and Green Wall with Chair Rail - Jessica (generation 2) and Sam's choice for the living room and kitchen in the dynasty home

I hope you like them!

Choccolatee

Re: Wallpapers by Katluvr
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 07:09:00 PM »
They're gorgeous!  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 08:54:02 PM »
I love Blue Murder's designs!  I have a ton of them but not these.  Downloading!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 05:07:44 PM »
I love Blue Murder's designs!  I have a ton of them but not these.  Downloading!

I do, too.  She does such great work and whatever I use her patterns in usually turns out really nice.  That's why I'm a stickler for giving her proper credit.  I should have most of these patterns tagged as favorites on my user page at the TS3 website if you want to find them more easily.  My username there is Katluvr23.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 03:14:44 AM »
I downloaded but they show up with the patterns replaced by blue sheep? I get the Sage and Green Wall Pattern in my Paint Folder in CAS but the Wall doesn't show up...?  :-\
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 10:29:41 AM »
I downloaded but they show up with the patterns replaced by blue sheep? I get the Sage and Green Wall Pattern in my Paint Folder in CAS but the Wall doesn't show up...?  :-\

That's really weird and I'm sorry you've had trouble with them.  If you (or anyone else for that matter) have any ideas of something I can do to make it work, please let me know.  I'm more than happy to give it a try - I just don't really understand the mechanics of sharing content, so I don't have any ideas myself. 

I know that whole objects can be substituted for base game content when downloading lots with store/SP/EP items if you don't have the necessary objects in your game.  How does this work with patterns?  I assumed that the pattern would transfer over and that you wouldn't need to have downloaded it from the exchange to use my wallpapers, but maybe that's not a correct assumption?

In the meantime, I have uploaded the files to the exchange, so maybe those will work better? 

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 12:43:53 PM »
I tried those before you put them on the Swap Shop and the same happened.  :-\ I will try downloading the patterns from the person and see if that works.  :) I doubt you have done anything wrong it's probably just the way it crosses over.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jancy

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 01:01:51 PM »
I got the sage and green to work also I think its in paint, which is fine and very pretty - I used it on living room walls and couches but it does not have the chair rail or the bottom paint.  I had trouble also with the red blossom and blue lily with chair rail they do not show up in game  Red Blossom shows up in launcher that its installed and that the item is a style not pattern yet I cannot see it in my game.  I'm also sure that it's nothing you have done wrong.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 03:31:18 PM »
Wow, I'm bummed that they're not working.  I can give you the specifics (e.g, link to download pattern from exchange, style of wall used, and color hex number for the lower part of the wall) if you want to duplicate any of these designs yourself.  I'm really sorry you've had trouble with them.

Oh, I just thought of something - are you looking under the wallpaper tab in the building screen?  I saved these as wallpapers, not as paints, so could you please check to see if they are there?  If they still don't show up on that tab then I will probably remove the files from the swap shop because I don't want to get people frustrated.

Offline Jancy

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 03:37:13 PM »
I will start up my game now and post right back.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 04:01:17 PM »
Nope they are in Wallpaper for me. I downloaded some of the patterns from your favvourites though and they are really cool!

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 04:06:42 PM »
Nope they are in Wallpaper for me. I downloaded some of the patterns from your favvourites though and they are really cool!

I just browse BlueMurder's studio every couple of days and download more of her patterns.  I have never had a problem with them in game, they are very tasteful, and except for some of her earliest ones, they are all seamless, which makes the final result much nicer wherever you use them.  A lot of people on the exchange don't seem to know how to make seamless patterns (not that I should speak because I don't even know how to create a pattern at all).  I've noticed that the patterns I've downloaded from the swap shop are also seamless and really well done - thank you to all the creative people who have uploaded them!

Offline Jancy

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 04:16:46 PM »
Green sage is in paint when I go and change in the pattern area not in build and buy.  Also the other 2 both come up on wall as the blue sheep one - with the same name. These 2 are in build and buy mode under wallpaper.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 04:49:45 PM »
Thank you both for checking that for me.  I'm completely stumped why the files don't work, but I'm going to delete them so that other people don't run into the same problem.   :(

Definitely PM me if you want information on the patterns and hex codes I used.

Offline Jancy

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 06:19:16 PM »
Katluvr I just PM'd you-Just a suggestion, if it can be done, how about just uploading the top half of the wall, without the chair-rail and the painted bottom.
We can put the chair-rail and bottom on ourselves.