Author Topic: Consignment shop broken  (Read 8637 times)

Jenny-TS3

Consignment shop broken
« on: March 26, 2011, 08:27:35 PM »
When I try to sell something to the consignment shop, it cancels it out before I get any options. Any advice? Thanks

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Consignment shop broken
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 09:23:10 PM »
Do you have any consignments running at the moment?  There's a long standing glitch that causes what you describe that happens after consignments have been in the store for a while.  After a certain amount of time, the items that haven't sold are supposed to be mailed back to you.  What happens is that the counter reaches 0, but the consignments remain in the store and continues to count down as the days pass.  This negative number causes confusion in the register, and makes it unusable.  The easiest way to fix it is to "Cancel Consignments."  This should give all of your items back and allow the register to work.

If you don't have any consignment items in the store, replacing the register or the entire consignment shop sometimes fixes the problem.  However, there are times where the consignment system in a certain version of a town is simply broken.  There isn't a whole lot that can be done in cases like this as far as I know.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 05:43:35 AM »
There's a long discussion on the subject here. Maybe you can find other suggestions there too, Jenny.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 05:45:50 AM »
I have a bug in one of my games where I have to reset the sim after using the Consignment store if I want them to be able to use it again.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Jenny-TS3

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 11:08:19 AM »
Do you have any consignments running at the moment?  There's a long standing glitch that causes what you describe that happens after consignments have been in the store for a while.  After a certain amount of time, the items that haven't sold are supposed to be mailed back to you.  What happens is that the counter reaches 0, but the consignments remain in the store and continues to count down as the days pass.  This negative number causes confusion in the register, and makes it unusable.  The easiest way to fix it is to "Cancel Consignments."  This should give all of your items back and allow the register to work.

If you don't have any consignment items in the store, replacing the register or the entire consignment shop sometimes fixes the problem.  However, there are times where the consignment system in a certain version of a town is simply broken.  There isn't a whole lot that can be done in cases like this as far as I know.

I did this and it fixed it -- thank you so very much and thanks to everyone else :)

Offline joenewbie

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 09:15:18 PM »
This is a bit of a game breaker for me.  Actually it's not a game breaker so much as once you let the 5 days lapse the glitch follows the sim to whatever town you move him into later.  A mulligan is needed or a patch to fix it.  But as long a standing that this glitch is I don't expect one. Just rather sad considering.

anything