Author Topic: Children in Sims Medieval  (Read 72879 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Children in Sims Medieval
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 07:53:44 PM »
Yes but you just said it was the father that was the king.   Joria's queen had a son with the blacksmith and he didn't become a prince which further goes with my thinking that if you use two Heroes then they will always be what the father is.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 08:42:32 PM »
Yes, just confirmation from the opposite situation.  Good info to have, too!   ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

dollkey

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 01:31:46 AM »
Where did you put the kids' beds? In the same room as the parents'? I was wondering if I can convert one of the rooms in the throne room into a kids room.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 02:21:13 AM »
Since the Monarch's room is big enough, I put a twin bed in there with a couple of toys.  I have a partition at the end of the monarch's bed to sort of give it a two room affect.  Looks pretty cool, the kid isn't around except for bedtime anyway, lol.  :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 03:13:08 AM »
I moved the bathroom into the corner of the master bedroom and gave my little Prince what used to be the bathroom. He's got the long tables and wall shelves loaded with everything I could find under Misc Decorations to make it look like he's a young treasure hunter that brings everything home. :D I quite enjoy his room.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Joh

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 06:38:23 AM »
My bard had a son with the blacksmith, the boy "Sword" was friendly, evil, and uncouth.  (His bard mother is uncouth too).  Then my game crashed and I lost him.  (It was allllll a dream...it never happened...)

Offline Jonna

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 12:35:45 PM »
I chose the Princess theme, so the kitchen/dining room is downstairs.  I emptied the upstairs left and right rooms of just about everything and just had the middle room as the bedroom/bathroom.  When my king had a son, I moved the cradle into the right room, then added a bed and some toys.  I'm very spartan. ;) I emptied all the benches out of the throne room as well.  And the extra columns and decorations.  I think I'm a little paranoid about my game slowing down because it's rendering so many objects.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2011, 12:47:49 PM »
Did you know hat the game treats newborn babies as objects?  :o When I wanted to feed the baby, I noticed that when hovering the mouse over the cradle the * sign appeared instead of the body shaped sign (when hovering over Sims). I do like the new feeding system, too. ;D Too much reality!
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2011, 12:56:55 PM »
I will say one thing.  The dark throne bonus room has that extra room that looks like an inquisition room.  I turned that into a wizard's hideout (queen married wizard in this game)  but it could have easily become kid's room.   I like finding nooks and crannies to fit stuff for the other professions in the castle so I can keep all the food in one larder.  Clinic, church and cathedral are the only things I don't move because those are places that people go too often.  But my bard has a stage at the tavern and one in the reception hall.  By the time she's done playing on her lute and makes it to the other place that 1h buff that says you've recently played is almost gone and she can keep making money which helps when she's not my main hero.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2011, 04:46:07 PM »
The throne room is probably the easiest structure to redecorate to accommodate children.  I have used the princess theme for 2 kingdoms now and you can easily convert the dressing room or the sitting room into a child's room.  I opted to add another privacy screen and put the monarch's son in the bedroom with her.

The hardest redecoration for me was for my wizard's family since she has so many items that are required by her profession.  She and my Peteran priest had 2 children.  I ended up moving all wizarding gear to the first floor, the second floor was the main living area and bedroom for wizard and hubby, and I converted the 3rd floor into the kid's room.  I left the bookshelves and desk there and just added a couple of twin beds. 

Has anyone figured out if there is a point in the game where WooHooing won't produce children?  In my first kingdom I had the following:
  - wizard married Peteran priest and had 2 children
  - physician married knight and had 2 children
  - monarch married Jacoban priest and had 1 child (then divorced the priest so she could run off with the heir to Effenmont)

When my spy and blacksmith got married no matter how many times they did the deed she didn't get pregnant.  Same thing when I tried for a third kid with my wizard and priest.  All the other kids resulted from just 1 WooHoo.  There were also random children running around the kingdom but based on their names they didn't appear to be offspring of any of my heroes.

Any ideas?  I wonder if WooHoo doesn't produce kids after a certain number are born into the kingdom?

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2011, 11:42:52 PM »
I had one of my urchin children age up to be a soldier for my knight and then die during the quest. 

I thought children could not grow up in this game. How did this happen pls? Thanks! :)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2011, 01:07:08 PM »
I thought children could not grow up in this game. How did this happen pls? Thanks! :)

I think children of your heroes don't age up beyond the child stage.  You will also have a bunch of random kids in your village (urchins, orphans, etc.)  and I, too, think I've noticed that they will sometimes appear as adults as your kingdom matures.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2011, 03:11:43 AM »
Just a note that the big princess dolls don't seem to be toys but rather statues.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2011, 04:29:58 AM »
This is my Blacksmith's Daughter, Lil Smith Jasmine. This is as close as I could get but she is in shadow.

Yes, Children do need food and I normally just made a soup and put the bowl in their inventories once a day.

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline MrGabic

• Llama Wrangler
  • Music is freedom
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2011, 01:08:26 PM »
I like that you all care so much for your children in sims medieval. I used to do that a lot in the previous sims but now all that I do is send him to buy me what I need while I continue to level up my hero or tell a few jokes or make a few silly faces so I can get the +10buff that I played with a child. Hope I'm not too cruel but after all I kind of like the cruel and evil trait and also this is how sims medieval is built, to make you concentrate mostly on heroes ?  :-\
" Caam paruu caam ... paruuu
  Caam paruu uveel uveel" :)

Music sustains the game and life