Author Topic: Default Sea Color  (Read 8344 times)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
Default Sea Color
« on: March 29, 2011, 02:23:33 AM »
I've been playing with .ini files to change the color of sea, and took the advice to backup original file (it's in notepad), but, when I wanted to copy it back this crazy system kept asking me for permitions even if only administrator account is created. So after several attempts I lost that original file. (it was very late too, so accident happen).
Now I need help so I won't have to uninstal and install everything back again. If anyone here have a few minutes, please, go to your Program files/Electronic files/The Sims 3/GameData/Shared/NonPackages/Ini folder and open the file Sky_ClearSea.ini file (it's fifth file from the top), and copy the values of water color for different parts of day (8 of them) here.

I didn't want to use mods to get that turquoise sea from Egypt, and managed to get this by just changing values in that file:

(It's suppose to change colors in SV, BP etc. but efect was only in CAW, probably cause I changed values in only one file with clear sky). If you chose to play with this, make shore you back up all the files, so you can copy back the original values back in edited files).

I'll be thankfull if someone finds the time to post that here. I can remember approximate values, and I can copy over the values of reflections etc, but I would prefer to have original ones too.
Thanks in advance.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
Re: Default Sea Color
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 05:25:03 AM »
Here you are, Anushka:

;; Base water color before the sun and sky reflection are added...

[WaterColor1]
red = 5
green = 10
blue = 20
timeOfDay = 4

[WaterColor2]
red = 5
green = 5
blue = 10
timeOfDay = 5

[WaterColor3]
red = 5
green = 10
blue = 15
timeOfDay = 6

[WaterColor4]
red = 10
green = 25
blue = 40
timeOfDay = 8

[WaterColor5]
red = 10
green = 25
blue = 40
timeOfDay = 16

[WaterColor6]
red = 10
green = 20
blue = 30
timeOfDay = 18

[WaterColor7]
red = 7
green = 13
blue = 23
timeOfDay = 19

[WaterColor8]
red = 5
green = 10
blue = 20
timeOfDay = 20

;; Color of sun / moon reflection for the sea

[SunMoonColor1]
red = 250
green = 250
blue = 250
timeOfDay = 5.5

[SunMoonColor2]
red = 0
green = 0
blue = 0
timeOfDay = 6

[SunMoonColor3]
red = 250
green = 240
blue = 200
timeOfDay = 6.2

[SunMoonColor4]
red = 255
green = 225
blue = 147
timeOfDay = 8

[SunMoonColor5]
red = 255
green = 225
blue = 147
timeOfDay = 16

[SunMoonColor6]
red = 250
green = 200
blue = 90
timeOfDay = 18

[SunMoonColor7]
red = 0
green = 0
blue = 0
timeOfDay = 18.1

[SunMoonColor8]
red = 50
green = 50
blue = 90
timeOfDay = 18.5

I cant' put the file in attachment, but if you need it or any other, I can upload to mediafire or something like that.

(Edited because I missed a part in the copy/paste process. More coffee needed obviously  ;))
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 05:32:58 AM »
Thank you BellaClo very much! I just needed those values for water, not the whole file, so you did even more than I needed!
Did I say thank you? Now I don't need to reinstal everything to get those values back to default. You saved me a lot of time so thank you very much ;D

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 05:47:22 AM »
You're welcome Anushka, it was just a matter of a few clicks.

Are you trying to modify the sea color in CAW for one world? Or do you want to change all the sea colors for all the worlds?

I've never been that far with my never-ending CAW projects, that is to tweak the .ini files, but if you just want to add some underwater turquoise painting in CAW, it's not exactly a mod. It's just a .dds file (2D image) that some player extracted from the game files (= copy/paste EA work and make it available) and that you add to the texture files in the CAW library. Harmless :-)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 07:11:34 AM »
I was considering both. Better option is to change it for just one world, but it's quite complicated, so before diving into that, I wanted to see how it looks like, what can be done etc. Eventually I'll probably extract .ini files from Egypt world.file and import them in this world, but wasn't shore how would heat effect of desert fit in tropical theme, so I'm still not shore what I will do.
Since I changed sea color only for clear sky, SV nor BP had no changes at all, since they both have more or less clouds. So this little experiment effected only this one world I'm creating (haven't checked TB, but there are clouds for shore!).
At the moment I'm struggling with creating a zebra on crossroads on roads with different textures, so there is a lot of things to learn about CAW for me.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 09:54:34 AM »
there is a lot of things to learn about CAW for me.
Caw is very tricky and has a loooong long learning curve indeed! Yet, I find that I have as much satisfaction with this tool as with the game.

Good luck to you with your project!

anything