Author Topic: How to Rotate the camera  (Read 43375 times)

Offline Missa

• Townie
How to Rotate the camera
« on: March 30, 2011, 02:11:57 AM »
I just figured out how to rotate the camera! I have a mouse with a scroll wheel and if I hold down the scroll wheel then the camera rotates even inside :) I am so happy becuase that was one of the things that bugged me the most was the straight on camera. Yeah! ;D

Edit: Outside you can rotate all the way around, but inside it is maybe 45 degrees (that is a guess and probably isn't very accurate :)) but it's still nice to rotate that much, in case there is something you can't quite see head on

Crise

Re: How to Rotate the camera
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 09:28:17 AM »
Someone said at the EA forums they can rotate the camera as they please even inside the buildings... something about keyboard shortcuts, anyone want to verify if this is true.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jonna

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 12:30:34 PM »
It's the same as with The Sims 3.  Hold down ctrl.  You can't rotate that much inside a building, but it does make it easier to place/grab items when you're decorating.

SoftKitnz

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 05:39:42 PM »
Oh, thank  you for the info.  I will try the camera rotate thingy when i go to play in a few minutes.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 09:26:17 PM »
I've never been one to rotate with the keyboard, but since TSM changes the camera manipulation from rotate to pan at certain points on the map, I've resorted to < and > to rotate.  It works in buildings to some extent, and will work even if you haven't got the option to rotate on the control panel.