Author Topic: Physicians and their operating tables  (Read 7614 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Physicians and their operating tables
« on: March 30, 2011, 10:50:08 AM »
Does anyone else's physician love to medicate once and discharge the sims?  It annoys me so I've gotten to the point where as soon as I can medicate I queue up medicate sim eight times.  The doctor will then keep doing it until the patient is fully cured which is an achievement!  Or maybe it's just my game that's special.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Jonna

• Occult
Re: Physicians and their operating tables
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 12:24:31 PM »
I haven't needed to medicate more than once on the operating table.  I do the leeches (I go ahead and put it all the way into the yellow -- it's yellow, right? lol) and then medicate once.  The patient is always fully cured for me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Lestrade

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 12:26:31 PM »
No, it's not yours alone. It goes in line with the priests which never holds sermons beyond putting the book on the table.

When I am not playing my physician he often has the Icon over his head which displays a Person and a tombstone who died by his treatment.
When my active Sim needs treatment I never go to the inactive physician anymore, did that once and died. Now I always use salves and potions.

Offline Missa

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 07:48:19 PM »
That's funny because my bard got a moderate injury and was limping so I sent her to the physician and he operated and fully cured her. 

Offline Skyberry

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 06:09:51 PM »
I haven't had this problem since I worked out how to actually use the operating table. I don't even diagnose other sims any more. I click on the table and if a list of names pops up I click a name. When they are on the table I use leech's (shudder) till the bar is in the yellow/gold area then medicate. The sims is fully cured, pays some simoles and off he/she trots.
At first I was diagnosing sims in the 'waiting' room but the fools would run off before I could click on the table!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 03:15:31 AM »
Do any of you stock your operating table and craft table or just carry all the herbs with you?  I tend to keep my inventory with very little in it so I went ahead and stocked both of these things but don't know if there is an actual benefit to it.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Theo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 05:50:25 AM »
Do any of you stock your operating table and craft table or just carry all the herbs with you?  I tend to keep my inventory with very little in it so I went ahead and stocked both of these things but don't know if there is an actual benefit to it.

I have not stocked an operating table - yet but I do stock most everything that I can. Why? First to reduce the clutter of what is in my active hero's inventory, secondly to pass on items to heroes not yet, uh, in the kingdom. For example: my blacksmith made two sets of steel plate armor and two steel long swords, one set he dropped on the Monarch, the second he put in the forge inventory to pass on to the Knight once the Barracks is built.

I hope that helps.

* 2011/04/04 - Corrected minor grammatical errors.  [blush] *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Skyberry

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 07:24:07 PM »
Do any of you stock your operating table and craft table or just carry all the herbs with you?  I tend to keep my inventory with very little in it so I went ahead and stocked both of these things but don't know if there is an actual benefit to it.

I don't know if there is a benefit as such but I don't stock anything mainly because I forget to. But after what Theo said I think I should make the time to do it so other hero's can ..benefit .. from another hero's labours.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 03:35:49 AM »
In buy mode you can buy different levels/quality of the physician's tables.  Has anyone bought a more expensive one and is there any benefit to it?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 06:59:37 AM »
Interesting - I didn't even realize that Joria, but now that you've mentioned it I'm definitely going to try it! 

Offline Missa

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 11:07:06 PM »
I bought the most expensive one and I didn't notice a difference but my physician was level 10 so that might have something to do with it. It did look more comfortable lol! :)

Offline chrissie

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 04:48:41 AM »
I hadn't noticed there was a more expensive operating table either, thanks Joria!