Author Topic: Sims 3 - Saving Sims in CAS?  (Read 9594 times)

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
Sims 3 - Saving Sims in CAS?
« on: April 01, 2011, 05:56:38 AM »
Does anyone know if there is a way to save Sims to the custom CAS bin once they are already in play?  There are some sims in my current village that I would love to 'change other sim's outfit' and be able to save them to my custom bin for future play. 

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Saving Sims in CAS?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 08:08:37 AM »
Just choose whatever sim as an active sim, have them go to the dresser and click on the three little dots by their pic at the bottom and click on save to bin.  They will be there in premade sims next time you play.  Just remember there are different age tabs, so if your sim is an adult, you have to choose adult.  There has been alot of players that didn't realize their sims were put in the bin at adult stage and could not find them.  Hope this helps. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 12:08:34 PM »
Thanks - I must be blind.  I didn't even realize they were stored as different ages in Medieval.  Actually, I didn't even realize there were different ages. :)

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 09:47:41 PM »
Okay, sorry if I'm being dense, but this is an example of what I mean.  When I take a Medieval sim to the dresser, this is what I get.   And I don't see any options to save them.  

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 10:20:06 PM »
Okay, sorry if I'm being dense, but this is an example of what I mean.  When I take a Medieval sim to the dresser, this is what I get.   And I don't see any options to save them.  

Please do not add screenshots as an attachment to a post.  You may use our Gallery (click for instructions) or Photobucket to put an image link instead, which will show the image as part of your post rather than requiring members to download your image.  I've removed the attachment because it was causing problems when rendering.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 07:37:51 AM »
Sorry, I didn't realize that we weren't supposed to do that. 

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 08:05:40 AM »

Ok, now I feel stupid.  I didn't realize this was in the Medieval section.  They probably do not have that option in this game.  You can save your sim and it goes in the bin while you are still in CAS, but that is about all you can do in this game.  We can't do the same in this game as the sims3.  I wish we could though. 
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 08:36:22 AM »
I haven't been able to save a Sim once she's in play.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 10:36:41 AM »
Don't worry Saltypaws - this game is new to everyone and it's natural we should still be thinking in the Sims 3 way.   ;D

Thanks for the input both of you, that's what I suspected but was hoping otherwise as there are some great characters in my current game I would like to save to my bin for future play.