Author Topic: How to get mummys curse  (Read 7166 times)

Offline GenTheHen

• Townie
How to get mummys curse
« on: April 04, 2011, 09:01:20 PM »
I want my sim to get mummys curse, she been attacked by all mummys in egypt and lost the fight to all but no curse!!

any particular traits that increase/decrease chances?
or other tips?

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
Re: How to get mummys curse
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 10:52:28 PM »
I don't know if certain traits make your Sim more susceptible to the mummy's curse but when my first and only mummy curse happened my Sim had the following traits: Handy, Bookworm, Lucky, Adventurous, and Neurotic. I would think that an unlucky Sim would have a higher chance of getting cursed but my Sim was lucky! Go figure. I think skill points (or the lack there of) are more important than traits. My Sim had zero skill points in Martial Arts or Athletics. According to the guide, Martial Arts and Athletic skill points help a Sim win against a Mummy so I would assume the opposite to be true if your Sim doesn't have these skills.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 02:46:11 AM »
I would think that an unlucky Sim would have a higher chance of getting cursed but my Sim was lucky!

That could be possible, but it's just as possible that Grim wouldn't let them die because of it.  He likes to drag out the suffering of unlucky sims by letting them die of old age lol.

I'm not sure if any trait would increase the chances of getting the curse.  But if you weren't opposed to using cheats, you could set up a sarcophagus in your house that spawns a mummy every time.  Thus the sim could continue to fight and lose to mummies, and they'd eventually get cursed.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 05:44:14 AM »
It's all the skill points. That's why China is the best location to start out. Get the martial arts equipment there and gain the skill. Though, if you're going to do adventures in China, avoid the Dragon Cave until you reach a proper level in one of the skills. Personally, I've never had a curse, because I usually make my Sims learn athletic before traveling.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 06:33:52 AM »
I had that same issue except my sim was highly skilled in athletics and martial arts so she had difficulty in being defeated by a mummy. I had started a thread here about it.

If you read the thread (it's a short one) I detailed how I got around this. However, even though I managed to get my sim to lose to the mummy it took a good 25 - 30 losses before she got cursed. So it's just a case of persevering.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 08:29:24 AM »
I had that same issue except my sim was highly skilled in athletics and martial arts so she had difficulty in being defeated by a mummy. I had started a thread here about it.

If you read the thread (it's a short one) I detailed how I got around this. However, even though I managed to get my sim to lose to the mummy it took a good 25 - 30 losses before she got cursed. So it's just a case of persevering.

Yes, it is possible to get cursed while having high Athletics and Martial Arts, just very difficult. Bad mood has an impact too. Moodlets such as 'Tired' (and it's variations), 'Very Hungry' (and it's variations) are very dangerous.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Harmlessoldlady

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 06:30:30 PM »
Thank you thank you thank you! My explorer had defeated every mummy I could find in Egypt and still no curse. But I added some sarcophagi here and there, and increased the chances of mummy spawning to "always" wherever I could. And lo and behold, finally got cursed. I was on my third trip to Egypt looking for the curse, so I was about to give up. Good help here. Never used those cheats to add things and modify the game. worked well!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 07:09:44 PM »
The trick is to save your game just before letting the mummy out. That way, if you lose w/o the curse, you can quit and start again from that point. I had the quest "torched, soaked, and cursed" and that one completed good, but it took many tries to get the actual curse.

Offline Harmlessoldlady

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 12:17:03 PM »
 :P filled a tomb with 27 "always" sarcophagi
sim has adventuring traits including athletic, adventuring +10 to mood when in tomb
sim has maxed sim fu, tournament grand master
sim has many motive and moodlet lifetime rewards, including hardly hungry, steel bladder
Do not have soulpeace stone. Removed death flower from inventory, removed all dried food, food and shower cans
fatigued by jogging--quick burst, but still not "tired" so went excavating random sites until tired and hungry
Even when bar is almost all red, hungry, stinky and exhausted--"Miserable", defeating mummies
Have to resist choosing "defeat mummy 1500 points" wish, because mood elevated by winning;
Passes out from fatigue from time to time, have to resist "sleep in tomb +300" so no mood boost
Second try through tomb, one mummy won, but still not cursed.
Trying third time, but this isn't really very fun, more than 80 mummies, no curse.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 11:26:49 AM »
You could temporarily remove the athletic and martial arts skills from her and then afterwards re-add them. I think the soulpeace can be obtained when you go to the top of the sphinx pyramid w/the curse in effect. Otherwise, there's a good chance of getting that from the group science project and white beam.