Author Topic: Achievements  (Read 13791 times)

Offline MrGabic

• Llama Wrangler
  • Music is freedom
Achievements
« on: April 06, 2011, 07:38:29 AM »
Hello everybody I'm new to this forum and I didn't find any topic about achievements and since I have some problems with some of them I hope to get and give help (if I can)  :)
" Caam paruu caam ... paruuu
  Caam paruu uveel uveel" :)

Music sustains the game and life

Offline MrGabic

• Llama Wrangler
  • Music is freedom
Achievements
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 07:58:43 AM »
Hope this topic will be accepted, and to begin my first problem is with the two bard achievements "Write a truly epic poem" and "Write a truly legendary play". First I tried a lot of combinations with the inspiration cards (hope you guys know what I'm talking about) and didn't succeed in doing even the truly epic poem... I even thought about what the best choices should be like stars, love, death themes but still nothing. After trying a lot of possibilities I finally gave up because my quest was getting very behind and also got tired of saving and loading a lot, after this I was level 10 with the bard and got a new quest in which you had to choose between writing a truly epic poem or a truly legendary play and at that moment I became happy and also sad since now it seemed to be so easy for that achievement to be done. But surprise! I went for legendary play and finished the quest in platinum and nothing ! didn't get any achievement  ??? So I'm back to combination of themes... hope you guys can help me out here and also waiting for any questions about achievements or anything else related with sims medieval I'd be happy to help if I know the answer.  Thanks for listening   :) 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrGabic

• Llama Wrangler
  • Music is freedom
Re: Achievements
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 12:53:22 PM »
No music lovers huh? Well since nobody is going to help me might as well tell how to make the doomsword achievement with the exact heroes not pure luck as most of them say. If anyone interested just let me know to not write in vain.  :)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 01:24:31 PM »
No music lovers huh? Well since nobody is going to help me might as well tell how to make the doomsword achievement with the exact heroes not pure luck as most of them say. If anyone interested just let me know to not write in vain.  :)

Hi MrGabic, welcome to the forum.  Don't be discouraged if you don't get a response right away - there can be many reasons for it.  This is a new game so perhaps no one who has read your post has actually gotten the achievement you are asking about yet.  It's also possible that you posted at a time when the forum is slower and you may get a response when more people are on.  I will mention that posting several times in a row in the same topic may lead a moderator to PM you about it - so you might want to just modify your original post instead.

Back to achievements...I haven't played my bard yet, so I have no idea how to get those achievements.  I did, however, get my doomsword achievement last night.  You need a blacksmith, doomsword hilt, doomsword blade, and a book with the doomsword recipe.  More about each:

• Blacksmith:  I'm not sure if a minimum level is required - mine was level 10 and was using an angelshammer.  With maximum focus, the doomsword recipe was green when I clicked on the forge and the smith made it with no intervention from me.
  • Doomsword Hilt, Doomsword Blade:  These are obtained from random events.  I was able to get them from jumping into the pit first with my knight and then with my smith (be sure to feed the beast several times and save your game before jumping in because there is a chance your sim will die), although I have also gotten them from encounters in the forest and on the path to the village.  There may be other ways, too, but these are the ones I've experienced.  If a hero other than your smith gets one of these items you can transfer it to your smith by dragging it from the other hero's inventory onto your smith.  The next time he is your active hero it will be in your inventory.  I don't know if another sim can stock the smith's forge, but that might also work.
  • Doomsword Recipe:  As far as I have seen there are 4 sword recipe books:  Blade of the Chinchilla, Watcher's Blade, Angel's Talon, and Doomsword.  The first 2 often appear in the Village Shoppe and sell for around $500 each.  You can also get any or all of these books from a random encounter in the forest and on the path the village.  You will meet someone selling books for around $250 - you have a choice to buy or not.  I've played out both options and found that when I don't buy, the bookseller will often give you a book anyhow - usually Chinchilla or Watcher.  If you buy you will get 2 books and that is how I got the Angel's Talon and Doomsword recipes.  Just have your smith read the books and the item will then appear in the recipe list when you click on the forge.

You get the achievement when your smith successfully crafts the item.  Once my smith made it I had him transfer it to my knight.  It has great stats (10 attack/0 weight) but comes with a downside - every time your hero uses it (e.g., sharpens, duels, etc.) he/she gets a -50 debuff.  The debuff only lasts as long as the weapon is in use and it doesn't stack.  If your hero has maximum focus when using the sword you shouldn't have any problems, but if your hero picks up any other debuffs along the way, this one will definitely cause problems for you.  I ended up keeping a a mana sword for my knight to use as a back-up in case the -50 debuff isn't manageable.

Offline TwinSpirit

• Llama Wrangler
  • Know-it-all. In my own mind.
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 02:06:00 PM »
I approve of this topic =)
I also want to know the requirements for truly epic poem and truly legendary play.
Furthermore I seem to have problem with the drunk for 24 hours straigth achievement. I had my sorceress do it along with the beacon of hope one. I did complete the beacon one, but, alas, the drunk one wasn't registered. I was drunk for over 48 hours.

Offline MrGabic

• Llama Wrangler
  • Music is freedom
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 03:54:42 PM »
Well thanks a lot for the response Katluvr you just made me not quit this forum. :) And thank you for the detailed achievement of the Doomsword but I already got this achievement I was trying to get someones attention interested in making the sword. I got the two parts with the monarch and the wizard at level 10 (different battle with the wizard - magic and stuff quite cool and lots of colours ;D) and at level 4 or 5 in the village shoppe with the blacksmith I got 2 books from a dwarf. So if you get any chance to buy some books with the blacksmith always choose the option to buy it.(this is also pointed in the blacksmith lessons tab) You will eventually get the doomsword recipe if not from the first time. OK waiting forward until somebody does my bard achievement because I really think this could be a bug or something  :(

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 04:18:52 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  Do remember patience is a virtue here because often we are busy playing the game ourselves so don't always get a chance to come on.  I assure you most of the members here, especially the old timers, regularly check all the threads to see if anyone needs help, but not everyone is always on.  To find out if someone is on, there is a list of who is on at the bottom of the home page.  Tells you who's here.  So, if you don't get a response in an hour or two, just pm one of those who are on.  I do understand your frustration.  I myself have had places where I'm totally stuck and I keep refreshing the screen hoping for a response!   ;)  Usually, after I finally give up and go back to play, it's when someone sees my plea and answers.

When you are talking about "truly" epic or legendary, is that different from just epic?  If so, there may be other factors involved.  I've written epic plays and poems with no problem.  Sometimes I choose just one theme, like "love" forinstance, and sometimes I just randomly pick whatever has an odd number under it.  My bard is always well rested and well fed when I do this and has completed the daily responsibilities first.  She is only at level 8 so you may be talking a higher level of bardic skill and writing then I have achieved.  Mmmmm, don't know if having performed has anything to do with it either.  Have you tried doing various types of performing before trying to write these?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrGabic

• Llama Wrangler
  • Music is freedom
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 04:47:22 PM »
I approve of this topic =)
I also want to know the requirements for truly epic poem and truly legendary play.
Furthermore I seem to have problem with the drunk for 24 hours straight achievement. I had my sorceress do it along with the beacon of hope one. I did complete the beacon one, but, alas, the drunk one wasn't registered. I was drunk for over 48 hours.

Actually it's a little trick here, there are 4 stages of drunkenness: buzzed, tipsy, drunk and sloshed. So in order to do that achievement you need to get to the 3'rd stage and stay with that buff for 24h. I don't know how it's calculated but you can be a sad drunk or a happy drunk and luckily for my bard that she was a happy one (like me  ;D) It's quite an annoying achievement just get a bed (so you can nap and you can wake the Sim up when it's time to take his "medicine") and also a chair (so he can sit immediately after he gets the drink) near the barrel of wine/ale  and let the drinking commence. Also be careful when you drink in sad/happy drunk state, drink when you only have 1h or less before the buff is about to disappear because then you will become sloshed and then you start from the beginning (tough break huh?). Good luck with that  :)

Offline MrGabic

• Llama Wrangler
  • Music is freedom
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 04:56:42 PM »
Have you tried doing various types of performing before trying to write these?

Thanks for the info I am already convinced that this forum is for me. Anyway yes, I have tried that, I've tried that even with the buff you get at singing a song at level 10 with the bard and always at maximum focus but nothing. Try to get to level 10 and then you will get the quest I am talking about. Let me know when you do that quest if you get the achievement and also please go for the truly epic poem and not the play choice because I forgot to not save after choosing being positive that this was it for the achievement.

Offline MrGabic

• Llama Wrangler
  • Music is freedom
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 11:02:44 AM »
Gosh I'm a Jr. Member now feels good trying to help around since being a newbie ;D.

Anyway managed to finish the Eggselent achievement so if you try to go for it there's no problem just keep throwing that eggs (or tomatoes for the other achievement) one after the other because you will also eventually get the having a blast buff.

You could throw eggs or tomatoes until you max out the having a blast buff to 3h (or above if fun-loving sim) and get there to throw some more when the buff disappears.

I'm just saying having fun while getting an achievement to get more clothing and items in furnish mode isn't that bad. 

Also finished maximizing loyalty on almost every annexed territory for the separate achievements. Just have a level 10 monarch and keep proposing new positive edicts for the same territory and you will max out loyalty quite fast. 

I'll edit this again when I have more and again if you have any problems with achievements let me know I might have an answer.  :)

Offline JaNat

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 07:23:10 AM »
Hi everybody!
I'm very intrested in those achivements! I got all of them except three. Those are "baby monarch", "Write a truly epic poem" and "Write a truly legendary play".
Do anybody here got them?

Chuckles_82

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 07:12:23 PM »
Good to know :) I'm going for Monastic Marshall, and haven't bothered keeping a tally this time. I've converted every sim in the town, and the only time I find new ones to convert are for daily responsibilities when I have to convert 2 sims, or, since I'm playing a quest with 2 sims, when my blacksmith has goods to deliver. I still haven't got the achievement even after restarting (and before turning on testing cheats to fix a couple of traits on my monarch). Hopefully that means I must just be a few more out than I thought, and the achievement will be forthcoming soon.

Let us know if there are any tricks to any of the achievements, eg: I'm pretty sure the Gruel Hoarder achievement has to be gruel, even though the description says 'bowls of food'. I know it didn't work with 25 plates of food. And the 'Carry a Little Stick' had to be a duel, whereas 'Clever Swordplay' could be sparring or duels.

Offline JaNat

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 04:17:39 AM »
For Monastic Marshall you must convert 50 people not in one kigngdom! You can use several kingdoms for this!  ;)
For Gruel Hoarder you must have 25 bowls of food in inventory at once. You can use the simplest food (I don't know how it named in english version, maybe porridge or cereal?). It's work.
And the 'Carry a Little Stick' had to be a duel, whereas 'Clever Swordplay' could be sparring or duels.
both duels

Chuckles_82

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 07:35:30 AM »
Woohoo! Finally got Monastic Marshall. In one kingdom. I'm aiming to get as many achievements in my first kingdom as possible. Kind of like trying to complete all the ambitions in one go really. A super challenge, like the legacy challenge.

I got Clever Swordplay by sparring. Sparring is positive interaction, whereas duelling is a negative interaction. It's useful to build friends, especially if they are your enemy, they will still say 'yes' and you get a positive to the relationship.

For Gruel Hoarder, I had 25 plates of food, all in my inventory at once, but it didn't count. It worked with gruel though (the simplest dish that gives you the -5 tasteless debuff).

It's good to work out the nitty gritty of these achievements, because some of them are bugged, and some of them are extremely vague!

Offline MrGabic

• Llama Wrangler
  • Music is freedom
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 12:45:12 PM »
Hi everybody!
I'm very intrested in those achievements! I got all of them except three. Those are "baby monarch", "Write a truly epic poem" and "Write a truly legendary play".
Do anybody here got them?

After a long play for those achievement my last two are "Write a truly epic poem & legendary play". for the baby monarch you need the new patch (I know it's weird). Quote: "New Feature: Child Succession - If a Hero Sim dies, but already has children, you can choose to have one of the children grow up and take over their parent's job!"

anything