Author Topic: Hidden Culture Traits - Has anyone seen these in their sims?  (Read 15072 times)

thesweetestpea

Hidden Culture Traits - Has anyone seen these in their sims?
« on: April 09, 2011, 07:40:58 AM »
I wanted to try breeding the hidden culture traits into some of my favorite Sim families. So far, the first few experiments are children and I haven't been able to pick any of the autonomus animations. Has anyone here ever seen the animations in their sims, and if so, what should I be looking for to find them in my sims? Are there any pictures around of sims with these traits performing the idle animations?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Hidden Culture Traits - Has anyone seen these in their sims?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 08:39:55 AM »
I once had a child with a French mother, and when he met someone new he kissed their cheek - but he didn't do it all the time.  I've never had a Chinese child but I think the hidden trait there is eating with chopsticks, so you'd need to watch them while they eat.  I don't know about Egypt - probably someone else will have that information. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 08:49:35 AM »
Those traits are quite rare. The French one adds cheek kissing, the Chinese one adds chopsticks and bowing when greeting. Not sure what the Egyptian one adds. Also, shouldn't this topic be in the WA board?
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 09:53:23 AM »
Those traits also add the ability to sing the songs of the original destination from the parent, for all 3 cultures.

Then French and Chinese have something specific in addition. I've never seen anything else for the Egyptian either.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

thesweetestpea

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 09:05:32 PM »
Those traits are quite rare. The French one adds cheek kissing, the Chinese one adds chopsticks and bowing when greeting. Not sure what the Egyptian one adds. Also, shouldn't this topic be in the WA board?

Yes, it probably should. Whoops.  ::)

The egyptian child is now a teenager and I haven't seen any of the signs of the trait yet. I'll keep everyone posted and see how I do at picking it.

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 10:02:46 PM »
Wiki says:
Egyptian-themed idle animations.

French also get a discount when visiting France. :)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 12:47:56 AM »
I've had children of a Chinese sim who ate with chopsticks, and could sing the songs despite the fact that he had never been taught them.  However, this was my only experience with intercultural breeding.

Yes it should be.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 02:38:48 AM »
Wiki says:
French also get a discount when visiting France. :)

That's the first I've heard of this.

The Egyptian-themed idle animation is probably drinking from a canteen then wiping the brow.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

thesweetestpea

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 04:16:37 AM »
My French child doesn't have the French one. I suspect the hidden trait from her firefighter mom took priority; I'm going to see what I get with fertility treatment and a few more kids. My Egyptian child does, but I'm still trying to catch the animation. My Chinese child, who should be the easiest, is about to age into a child, so I'll see.

Leto85

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 07:51:48 AM »
My French child doesn't have the French one. I suspect the hidden trait from her firefighter mom took priority; I'm going to see what I get with fertility treatment and a few more kids. My Egyptian child does, but I'm still trying to catch the animation. My Chinese child, who should be the easiest, is about to age into a child, so I'll see.

It could be that the idle animation start to happen when the kid age up, not while being a kid. I saw that the sneak interaction get passed on and passed on to the next generation but it was only accessable from the age of young adult. Not earlier.
So it can take a while before you can be sure some animations has been passed on.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 07:54:42 AM »
It could be that the idle animation start to happen when the kid age up, not while being a kid. I saw that the sneak interaction get passed on and passed on to the next generation but it was only accessable from the age of young adult. Not earlier.
So it can take a while before you can be sure some animations has been passed on.

That's correct. I believe that children cannot drink from a canteen, which is the primary idle animation the Egyptian culture trait provides.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Leto85

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 10:14:07 AM »
That's correct. I believe that children cannot drink from a canteen, which is the primary idle animation the Egyptian culture trait provides.

Well, you already can check if a child has the hidden culture trait because he or she can sing songs they haven't learned. ;)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 10:15:35 AM »
Well, you already can check if a child has the hidden culture trait because he or she can sing songs they haven't learned. ;)

Yep, that's right. ;)

Leto85

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 07:03:51 AM »
Most of the hidden traits in my game start to appear only when the sim has grown up to at least a young adult. That count for hidden traits, that count for culture hidden traits.

Offline oatmilkk

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 08:34:40 AM »
I wanted to try breeding the hidden culture traits into some of my favorite Sim families. So far, the first few experiments are children and I haven't been able to pick any of the autonomus animations. Has anyone here ever seen the animations in their sims, and if so, what should I be looking for to find them in my sims? Are there any pictures around of sims with these traits performing the idle animations?

Yes I have!
There's 50-50 chance of hidden traits being inherited. I had my female sim invite a chinese sim and they tried for baby. After the babies (twins) became a child they didnt had the hidden traits. So the best way is too have a male sim try for baby with a female chinese sim. The child lived there and had the hidden trait 😊 Then used add to active household and got my child.