Author Topic: Question about the Adventure Board  (Read 10860 times)

Arafel

Question about the Adventure Board
« on: January 06, 2010, 02:26:43 PM »
I was reading the guide about the Pangu ax (probably spelled that wrong) and it mentioned that there should be 5 adventures listed. However, whenever I check the board, I'm only giving one option -which I always accept. Does the board only show one adventure at a time and if you decline other adventures will more be generated for you or is something wrong with my game? Probably a silly question but...well....*shrug* can't help it... :-\

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
Re: Question about the Adventure Board
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 02:37:40 PM »
Just decline the adventures you don't want and others will be generated.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 03:21:45 PM »
Yep, decline them to see the next... I wouldn't recommend accepting then deleting them because I've run out, had to wait until midnight for the board to regenerate and ended up with the exact same set.. so you'll just have to do some of them to get the opportunity.

Arafel

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 06:34:12 PM »
Ahhh, I didn't know you could do that! :-[ Plus, I was just really geeked and ready to play, so I just accepted whatever was thrown at me  :D

Thanks!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 09:20:34 PM »
I think the adventure board also takes into account your Sim's experience and skills.  When you first go to China, for example, your Sim will get the easier adventures.  Then they get harder as you go along.  Pangu's Axe usually doesn't come up early on for me.  Another example, if your Sim is a high level photographer, there will be more adventures for taking pictures.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 06:41:33 AM »
I recently was playing a new sim and the only adventures that kept coming up for him was the "board of tourism" thing that asks him to take a picture of something from a tomb. It literally came up over and over again about 8 times!  It was frustrating that it never would change, but at least they were easy adventures and he made it to the level 3 visa very quickly because all he did was continually go back into that Tomb of Discovery that's right next to Base Camp, to do the pictures. That's always the first adventure, so he had already "opened" everything in there, so it was easy to run back in there and get the pictures.

Arafel

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 10:33:21 AM »
Well, I went back to China with my Travel couple and the Pangu's Ax quest didn't pop up for the husband. The wife already had a quest that I didn't want to dump. I was hoping the 2nd day though the Pangu's Ax quest would show up but it was the same ones as the day before. I think though I will have better luck getting that quest with the wife though as she has more experience and visa points and whatnot -so I guess it is off to France and then back to China  :( I really want that ax though so I hope it doesn't take too long!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 06:43:59 PM »
I recently was playing a new sim and the only adventures that kept coming up for him was the "board of tourism" thing that asks him to take a picture of something from a tomb. It literally came up over and over again about 8 times!  It was frustrating that it never would change, but at least they were easy adventures and he made it to the level 3 visa very quickly because all he did was continually go back into that Tomb of Discovery that's right next to Base Camp, to do the pictures. That's always the first adventure, so he had already "opened" everything in there, so it was easy to run back in there and get the pictures.

If you take some extra pictures while you're in the tomb, you won't have to run back for them when you get the repeat adventure.  You'll be able to just hand them over!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 11:42:31 PM »
Yeah I know that NOW....LOL  But I wasn't aware of the what all pictures would be needed until the adventure asked for them. But I guess that would have been the smart thing to do. Haha!  :D

Offline MegTrog

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 03:11:42 PM »
I'm now trying to do much the same thing as Arafel, clear the adventures in the hopes of getting Pangu's axe.  But I keep getting the same set over and over!  I did the emperor's minitomb, up until the assassin bugs (which aren't spawning, thanks bug).  I keep getting asked for the writings of Qin Shan, which I think is a bug caused by my leaving them in the chest at home.  I did the three pieces of jade adventure, but that one keeps rolling up again too, and I keep getting asked for nectar--where do I get nectar in China?

Are there any particular skills I need to get the Pangu's Axe opportunity?  My Sims are pretty experienced in these tombs now, so I don't know why I'm not getting tomb adventures, just these silly collecting ones.  I've been in China for four days so far, and I'm getting fed up of these same boring options!

Offline kat

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 03:20:19 PM »
Hey Megtrog, sorry if you already know this, but I didn't realise at first - the assassin bugs don't spawn in the same place, I had to look around the map to find some more and they were in a totally different place :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 05:41:04 PM »
I did the three pieces of jade adventure, but that one keeps rolling up again too, and I keep getting asked for nectar--where do I get nectar in China?

You have to go to France to get the nectar, then return to China.  A good strategy is to always carry nectar with you when traveling.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline MegTrog

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 07:42:27 PM »
Hey Megtrog, sorry if you already know this, but I didn't realise at first - the assassin bugs don't spawn in the same place, I had to look around the map to find some more and they were in a totally different place :)

I didn't realise that, but my issue is that the most recent patch broke the bug-spawning, so beetles don't spawn.  When I was doing the adventure, I clicked on the map where the bug icons were, but there was nothing on the ground.  I can't complete that.

Pam, that's what I figured, that the nectar has to come from France.  I have a bunch of bottles in nectar racks back at home, but I didn't think to bring any with me.  I'm just infuriated that even after rejecting the adventure until the board won't give me anymore, the exact same adventures appear the next day.  It's always the Emperor's Statue, the Pieces of Jade, the Resolute Fist Tomb and the Nectar.  I've done the Jade (once) and the Tomb (three times), the bug's preventing me from continuing the Statue and I can't complete the Nectar on this vacation.

So far, I've found vacations very fun and enjoyable, but the lack of variety in adventures all of a sudden is making this trip very tedious.  I think I'll try having two of my Sims accept the Jade/Nectar adventures but not complete them.  Then maybe my remaining adult Sim will get something different.

Offline kat

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 08:58:50 PM »
Please feel free to move this if it is off topic, but does anyone else find that if one of your sims has explored tombs, then they are completed for everyone else in the neighbourhood? I have had to start a brand new game in order for them to reset themselves - a bit annoying. I can understand them being explored for that sim's family, but why the entire rest of the neighbourhood (and this was even after the original sim had died!)?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 09:12:36 PM »
Please feel free to move this if it is off topic, but does anyone else find that if one of your sims has explored tombs, then they are completed for everyone else in the neighbourhood? I have had to start a brand new game in order for them to reset themselves - a bit annoying. I can understand them being explored for that sim's family, but why the entire rest of the neighbourhood (and this was even after the original sim had died!)?

You mean you switched active households and took the new one traveling?  I don't think this has come up before, but it looks like you only have one set of adventures for each game file.  Interesting, but I can see how it would be annoying.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything