Author Topic: Edict Addict  (Read 2883 times)

Chuckles_82

Edict Addict
« on: April 14, 2011, 08:52:39 AM »
Has anyone been able to complete this ahcievement yet? I'm sure I've passed at least 25 edicts, and I'm still on the first ambition, in the first kingdom. My queen has passed at least one edict every day, and I'm now up to week 3, day 4. That's 7x3+4 = 25. Plus some days I did 2. I'm wondering if it's bugged. (I'm tired of bugs. I did my time with bugs - Gothic 3).

StripyWitch

Re: Edict Addict
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 09:07:31 AM »
I haven't gotten it either, I'm in a similar situation. Maybe it doesn't count edicts done as part of a quest or as a responsibility, or maybe the actual number of edicts needed is higher. I found this was the case with the House of Spouses achievement, my Queen had to marry 5 times instead of 4.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 09:57:04 AM »
Update: I started a completely new game and took a very careful tally of all my edicts, making sure to note which ones of my own I passed, and which other ones. In the end it didn't matter, it just had to be 25 of any, but I did get the 25. Perhaps the previous game was glitched, but it's all better now.

StripyWitch

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 11:44:31 AM »
You mean you started a new save? Did you keep your previous achievements and completed aspirations? I'm pretty close to finishing my kingdom, so maybe it'll be fixed for me next time...

Chuckles_82

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 09:48:00 AM »
Well to make sure I tested it properly, I completely removed the sims medieval folder, and started the game fresh; that way I could carefully test a number of the achievements. I'm keeping tally for ALL my achievements now, to make sure none of them are bugged. I don't normally buy a game so soon after it's release, I prefer to wait til it's been patched a few times to get most of the bugs, but it looked so good in the promos I literally dropped everything and raced out to buy it. Literally. I keep all sorts of notes on all my games, so it's nothing new for me really, only since it's new(ish), I might be able to contribute anything useful that I find.

Kaliopae

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 09:59:25 AM »
I managed to complete this in one of my kingdoms, so it can be done. I didn't keep a tally though, so I have no idea if the number is off.

Offline JaNat

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 04:37:54 PM »
Chuckles_82, if you wish to get an achievement that no one has ever done, try to write the true legendary poem and play  ;) ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 05:21:17 PM »
It's not that I want to get something no-one has done, it was more that, at the time, I couldn't find a thread on Edict Addict, because I thought my numbers were out. It's possible they were... I kept tally on the spy one, and didn't get the Greed is Good achievement til 25 messenger posts. I hit 5 a day on those.

However.... I haven't played my bard yet, and I'm wondering if the poem and play will work like the writing system in Sims 3. I'm thinking perhaps I have to do a certain number of other types of poem and play first. Who knows. After the new patch, it might work for everyone :)