Author Topic: Trapped by traps!  (Read 11320 times)

Arafel

Trapped by traps!
« on: January 07, 2010, 10:31:00 PM »
Ok, so I was exploring the Landgraab chateau in France and my main sim got trapped between two traps.  :'(

- Yup, that her in the back there singed and trapped!

I've looked for any switches or hidden doors, anything that I can think of that perhaps disarms these traps, but with no success. I used the Sands of Understanding and that showed me the correct way to go but not how to get past the trap blocking the way. There is no way to disarm them and she can't try to run through them so honestly I don't know what to do from here.

Any suggestions for an traveller that took a disastrous wrong step??  ???

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
Re: Trapped by traps!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 11:41:10 PM »
Yeah that Landgraab Mansion is bear to get through!!  I was in there for DAYS with my sim trying to get him through it. And I think he also ended up stuck within the traps once. I finally had to do the only thing I could do....and that is to cheat!  LOL  I teleported him back to a safe spot and started that area over again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Kokkei Mizu

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 12:22:26 AM »
I believe I had the same problem. Did you take an item from the pedestal on the left? I think whatever you took needs to be put back to continue. Otherwise you need to teleport.

Offline e^(pi*i)

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 01:28:37 AM »
I believe I had the same problem. Did you take an item from the pedestal on the left? I think whatever you took needs to be put back to continue. Otherwise you need to teleport.

You don't need to put the same thing. You can put whatever you want back on it, I believe, and it should disarm the traps. It's like those Indiana Jones things where he takes off the bag of loot and puts on something else to trick the weight sensors.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 01:45:41 AM »
Yeah, you can use any cheap stuff you don't need anyway, just like Indy! ;D

Err, just let's hope your Sim has better luck with it than he did...

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 07:07:15 AM »
I'm old enough to remember when that giant rolling boulder was the most awesome.  Special.  Effects.  EVER!!  And so realistic, too!  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 08:41:47 AM »
That's awesome, PJ. I never would have made the connection. Indy rocks!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Arafel

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 09:57:04 AM »
LOL!!! Thanks guys.

Too bad I'm too impatient and just decided to start over  :-\  My sim was already angry with me and I was tired too so I just quit and didn't save >< Which I didn't like doing but I'm not gonna stress about it. Thanks for the info though; I'm sure I'll need to use it in the future!  :D

Kokkei Mizu

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 10:15:20 AM »

You don't need to put the same thing. You can put whatever you want back on it, I believe, and it should disarm the traps. It's like those Indiana Jones things where he takes off the bag of loot and puts on something else to trick the weight sensors.

Oh man! I need to go back there then! Cause I gave back the same item, which I believe is quite a valuable one!

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 10:44:44 AM »
Just look out for the boulder!! :o

Kidding...

By the way; I really like the name of this thread! :D :D

seekhunt

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 02:25:47 PM »
Or just remember to take the special sand with you. Can't remember the name. But it's something you can buy in France at the special merchant that you can use to get out of sticky situations.

Arafel

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 03:03:10 PM »
I don't think I can get that yet, but I'll double check....something tells me I'll be going back to France this evening -_-

bshag

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 06:29:38 PM »
Yup, that would be the escape dust...too bad my simmie didn't have that as well when she went through that hall.  I had her take the really nice relic, clicked on the stand to bring up inventory list to replace the relic and that part was glitched...all it did was click, no list.  :o  I had to go out of the game without saving.  >:(

Next time she's in France, she's going in there with escape dust and get those relics, without the stupid donation.  ;D

I loved that part of The Lost Ark.  :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 07:24:39 PM »
My Sim has gotten Escape Dust from fishing, too.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 09:20:19 PM »
You can also buy the Escape Dust from the Special Merchant in China. My sim is there now and just bought some Sands of Understanding, Courage Potion, and Escape Dust. I think you only have to be a level 1 or 2 Visa to buy it.