Author Topic: General Tips for All Heroes  (Read 3365 times)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
General Tips for All Heroes
« on: April 17, 2011, 05:14:49 PM »
Anybody have any helpful tips that apply to all heroes? I, for one, absolutely love pigeon meat. So cheap, only $3-5 per pigeon, and the village shoppe always has a lot of it  ;D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: General Tips for All Heroes
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 05:22:31 PM »
Starting with only $1k Simoles is pretty tough. I think the biggest one I have at this point is to immediately sell any non-essential items in a newly placed Hero building to be able to afford the nicest single bed. I feel better about doing that than the bookshelf exploit. The +25 Well Rested moodlet goes a long way towards keeping Focus high which is basically your primary goal 24/7 and affects every aspect of the game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 05:36:36 PM »
When doing a 2-person quest, I send one of the characters to the village shot to pick up some rabbit and turnips.  Rabbit stew (1 rabbit and 1 turnip) makes enough to feed both of them for a day, and it can be shifted back and forth between their inventories as needed.  Cheap and saves a lot of cooking time.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 05:38:31 PM »
Getting a better meal than gruel is essential, too, hence my pigeons. Quite cheap for starting Heroes, and it's better than Gruel. I also think it's a good idea to have 4-5 good friends to each Sim, that way, whenever you get a responsibility like "Ask 3 Citizens about [Kingdom], you can do it real quick and get that nice buff  ;D

Similar

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 07:38:49 PM »
Collecting wildflowers sometimes gets you seeds, and you can make seed porridge--free meal!

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 07:39:58 PM »
Pretty sure you get seeds from most every plant, but I could be wrong.

Frozenoj

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 11:59:52 PM »
I prefer to get the spit as soon as I can and then make the large jerky. That I can take around with me and it never spoils!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 03:28:40 AM »
I prefer to get the spit as soon as I can and then make the large jerky. That I can take around with me and it never spoils!

Ditto with the field rations!  I usually start off selling off every single piece of non-essential stuff they have in their room(s).  The doo dads can always be replaced later if you feel you have to.  Then, I'm with Metro.  I buy the best bed in the single beds.  Again, a double can come later but that good night's sleep is crucial.  Then off to the village to buy food, and I don't buy just pigeon.  Yes, it's cheap, but better food lasts longer before they have to eat again.    One piece of bear and a veggie or two and that stew is going to be good for about three days.  Oh, I also buy a larder right away so the food WILL stay good.  The same holds true for drinks.  If your hero is a drunkard, (and mine pretty much all are), put casks of hippocras around and one drink a day will hold them just fine.  Twelve days of no brewing!

I've done something to make life in general better for the masses.  I put a tent, a spit type fireplace, and a cask in the merchant's yard.  Eventually I add a few other goodies like the oven, a potty and a wash basin, and even a table and a couple of chairs.  Not needed but makes me feel good.  Now if they are on that end of town and need to eat, sleep or get a drink, they can.  (Of course, I've had to build up my merchant's resources first which is really easy to do.)

Later on I put spare beds in pretty much every place a hero would need one so no one is ever dropping down from exhaustion or starvation.

By the end of the first quest my hero du jour is set up and there is the beginning of comfort for others.  By the second it's getting even cushier for the general populace and it's making it easier for me with no cheating needed.  At this point, (I have 4 quests I can play with the points I have), I've changed the practice field into a tournament field complete with tents and everything a knight would need or want for comfort, and no one ever has to be hungry, thirsty or tired and all my buildings are decorated nicely for that nicely decorated buff.

Oh, I also share the wealth.  Some heros can make simoles easier/faster than others, so they will often go to the shoppe, buy food or equipment and share with their less fortunate brethren.  I also make a point of always collecting a few wildflowers, just in case, and will catch a few fish or do a bit of extra hunting.  Share, share, that's fair.  lol
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 05:19:23 AM »
Fishing is a new must for me. It's free, doesn't take very long and there are loads of places to fish.
Hunting once a day for my Knights/Monarchs if they get the chance.
Collecting Minerals/Herbs/Flowers/Leeches when you see them.
Cater for the FF before it hits.

When I start a Hero I buy the Best Bed they can get and then send them to get food from the Shoppe or Nature. I spend that first day getting their moods up and the Silver Bar into Gold. The following day I work on their Daily Tasks and then give them some extra XP research to do. The Third Day I do the Quest then I go back around to the start again and Rinse and Repeat until I reach Platinum and can finish the Quest.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Similar

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 05:42:07 AM »
Pretty sure you get seeds from most every plant, but I could be wrong.

I bet you're right--I used wildflowers for the tip because all heroes can collect wildflowers and the OP wanted all-heroes tips.  But if you had seeds from other plants I'm sure you could drag them to your other heroes, too; you definitely have a point there.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 06:47:28 AM »
And I forgot that only certain Sims could collect certain plants, so Wildflowers is probably the best choice, anyway.

anything