Author Topic: Drunkard/glutton, whale ate my parents achievements  (Read 3733 times)

Chuckles_82

Drunkard/glutton, whale ate my parents achievements
« on: April 19, 2011, 01:20:21 AM »
I was wondering if anyone has tried these achievements. Do you get it if you create 10 heroes, 5 of each with glutton and drunkard, all with whale ate my parents traits? Do you have to play them all first, or can you get it as soon as you create the last one and exit CAS?

Specifically, what I am wondering is, once you create them, and presumably get the achievements, can you then, playing your monarch, send them all to the pit (until they all die, I know they survive sometimes) and then create new, easier to play heroes? If no one has done this, I'll give it a go when I get enough RP to do it (though that may be a while - I take as long as possible to complete my quests as I am trying attain nearly all the achievements in the first ambition).

Cheers  :)

Kraspec

Re: Drunkard/glutton, whale ate my parents achievements
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 03:57:30 AM »
I was working on the same thing, it gave me the achievements as soon as I created the tenth hero.  I can't imagine that they would take the achievement back if you killed them off.  I kind of wish I would have thought of that, drunkard isn't too bad to deal with but being a glutton and having to run to the docks once a day to scream at the sea is a serious pain.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 04:15:05 AM »
I kind of wish I would have thought of that, drunkard isn't too bad to deal with but being a glutton and having to run to the docks once a day to scream at the sea is a serious pain.

If you're talking about sating the whale rage, you can also talk about it to other Sims to get rid of the negative buff.  It's under the Traits interactions.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 05:19:13 AM »
I agree. Having to satiate whale rage AND eat several times a day really eats into your sims time to complete quests, complete daily tasks and try to level a bit (or work on achievements). I started to wonder this after playing my Blacksmith with those traits was becoming tiresome. All that remains to find out now is, if I kill one off, do I get to make a new one?

Thanks for letting me know about the achievement part :)

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 10:22:47 AM »
The problem with that idea is that you actually have to play the heroes in order to get to the point where you can build all 10 buildings that have heroes.

Kraspec

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 02:00:57 PM »
If you're talking about sating the whale rage, you can also talk about it to other Sims to get rid of the negative buff.  It's under the Traits interactions.

Lol, kind of wish i had thought of that too, Good tip!

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 03:02:04 PM »
I went after these two achievements in my last ambition.  They really weren't hard at all.  Drunkard is probably my favourite fatal flaw because it's so easy to satisfy with a drink twice a day.  The Whale ate my Parents trait, as mentioned, is easily dealt with by having your sim talk about whales once or twice a day - it's very fast, and gives them a nice positive buff for the next 8 hours.  And sims with that trait are the only ones who can go whale hunting.  Whale stew gives sims a nice positive buff for a full day.

As for the gluttons, I agree they're a little more work.  But if they eat whale stew once a day, the rest of the day they can live on field rations from their inventory, so the Glutton and Whale ate my Parents traits are quite a good combination.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 07:26:48 PM »
Are you sure you'd have to play them all to get to that point? I had at least 8 buildings placed, and only done a few quests. At that point I had only played monarch, wizard, and blacksmith. You have to pick your quests carefully to get the most RP, and finish them at platinum. Only 3 more quests after the first one, and you have enough points to annex Burdley and Advorton. One of those reduces QP cost, the other reduces RP cost. I don't think I even got the Blacksmith until doing the one for Ticktop (increase free time during questing).
Ultimately I still need to know/check if I can kill them off though.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 07:48:11 AM »
OK, I've officially tested it. You CAN kill off your other heroes by sending them to the pit, and replace them. I wasn't ready to test it, I was happily playing, but then accidentally clicked the tick to exit CAS when creating my Peteran Priest, and I wasn't done. So of course I figured the easiest way was to send him to the pit and test my theory. If it didn't work then I'd have to reload. I hadn't lost much at all really, but I had the chance to test my theory, and there it is.

Sorry for being long-winded.