Author Topic: Need Help with The Dragon of [kingdom name] Quest  (Read 8976 times)

Zitiache

Need Help with The Dragon of [kingdom name] Quest
« on: April 20, 2011, 02:22:20 AM »
So I was doing the quest "The Dragon of" whatever your kingdom name is with my queen and blacksmith. So my blacksmith made the queen a fireproof shield, but she tested the shield in the cave and got burned. The next task in the quest was to talk to the blacksmith about it, and when I did it, the queen immediately after sent my blacksmith to the pit without me telling her! So my blacksmith was killed and I failed my quest. What went wrong? I followed the quest exactly. And why did my queen send him to the pit? I didn't tell her too! And I couldn't stop it! Is this a glitch or something?

Offline Missa

• Townie
Re: Need Help with The Dragon of [kingdom name] Quest
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 11:09:59 PM »
How strange! I did that quest with my wizard and my queen just went home singed and stay that way until she talked to the wizard again. But I think they were friends already, maybe that had something to do with it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

chadgar24

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 12:23:58 PM »
Wierd...I did that quest with a Spy, he made a poorly-made fireproof potion, the king drank it, tested it out in a fireplace, got burnt, went back to my spy to complain, my spy made the 'Real' fire-proof potion, and gave it to my King.   Now....since this is a legondary quest, there is always some trick to it.  For my quest involving the King and Spy the quest never tasks me with drinking the real fire-proofing potion.  I was standing outside that cave...and thought "wait a minute...dont I have to drink that?!"  so I did and beat the quest.  So I wonder if there was some interaction you were suppose to do that the game purposely left out.  I don't know what it could be...but that is my guess.  Was there a choice to test the shield one way or another, and maybe you picked the wrong one?
FYI...the poor-fireproof potion needs a frog, the Real one needs a leech.  Save yourself some time and buy them both when you go to the villiage shopppe.

Zitiache

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 12:48:12 PM »
I guess the problem was my queen and blacksmith weren't friends, after that interaction their relationship went into the red quite a bit. I just wish characters didn't autonomously send people to the pit.  

Edit: by the way, when you fail a quest, do you lose the quest points you spent on it?

chadgar24

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 01:17:43 PM »
Just a guess...yes I would assume you do.  I can't believe it was a friendship thing.  It had to be a legondary quest thing, something you were suppose to do that you were either not tasked with, or answered a question/choice wrong.  But maybe I am wrong.  Are you in new beginnings?   if so try it again.  You have plenty of QP for that ambition.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 09:49:31 PM »
I actually think my King did not drink the 'real" potion, and he got his legendary trait just fine. To me, anyway, it seems like your Monarch did that due to Free Will, not because of anything with the quest.