Author Topic: Question about saving sims to bin  (Read 4773 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Question about saving sims to bin
« on: April 23, 2011, 03:12:55 AM »
I saved my Wizard to the bin. I am pretty sure that her outfit is wizards-only, so what would the game do if I tried to use her as a monarch?

Would the game just allow it, and make a monarch in wizard's robes, or would it replace the outfit?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Question about saving sims to bin
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 06:11:23 AM »
I have used sims that I have saved to the bin with specific clothes and nothing happened.  They had the same clothes on.  There are clothes for certain sims, but they can still be worn by anyone.  I dressed up one of my hero's in the bards clothes, those are too funny. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 07:09:57 AM »
I had my Wizard become Monarch in a new kingdom and her wardrobe came with her.  I changed a couple of things to proper Monarch attire, but she kept a couple of her Wizard's outfits, too.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 07:34:36 AM »
Does this mean I can 'keep' any of my Heroes from an earlier kingdom, and use them again in a new one?  That would surely get complicated when you "Select a Hero" for, say, a new building in your new kingdom ... I didn't see an option to import a Sim from the Bin. 

How do you do this?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 07:58:54 AM »
After you make your sim, you have the option to save the sim.  Unfortunately, once we have started playing that sim, we can't save that particular sim with all their achievements, except at the end of the first ambition, when your hero's carry over.  I might be wrong, but I haven't found a way yet. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Chuckles_82

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 08:21:37 AM »
I used a sim from the sim-bin and the clothes changed to profession specific clothes.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 09:14:07 AM »
I've just started a new Ambition and carried over the Peteran Priest to be my new monarch.  He appeared in the new Ambition with different clothes, though - not his priest's robe.  Just to add to Saltypaws' comment, you can carry over a hero any time you complete any Ambition - it's not just the first one. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 12:54:24 PM »
OK ... we're talking about a new Monarch being selected from the Heroes in the old one.  Done that, no problem.

I was hoping there might have been a way to save some favourite old characters and import them as well, but clearly not  :(

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 02:23:53 PM »
You save them when you make them in CAS.  I always use my Rincewind as my wizard, and he always comes with the same looks, one outfit of clothes, same traits.  What he does NOT have is skill level or any points for completing anything.  I have one male I'm particularly fond of who becomes my knight or king, same action.  He retains his name, whatever outfit was at the top of the list, and his traits.  Oh, another thing they don't retain is what they are.  You choose that in CAS.  So when in CAS if you have saved a Sim, you go to the line of words that says, "see Sims", or maybe it's see saved Sims.  Anyway that brings up the whole menu of Sims.  The ones you saved will have a little file folder icon on them and will have everything you made them with.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 05:55:11 AM »
Thanks, Joria.  I am an "enlightened" Watcher  ;D