Author Topic: Has anyone ran into a sim with no traits before?  (Read 17831 times)

thesweetestpea

Re: Has anyone ran into a sim with no traits before?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 08:33:58 AM »
I would love to have a copy of that save to attack. I really want to know how that jet black skin works in the game and if it can be passed down.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 08:45:38 AM »
I would love to have a copy of that save to attack. I really want to know how that jet black skin works in the game and if it can be passed down.

I repeat, the only creature in the game that has black skin is Grim Reaper. After the very first patch you can't even Try for Baby with him, so having it passed down is impossible if your game is patched up. But Sims Wiki has a picture of a jet black toddler.
Grimsoul, maybe you're right about NPCs still having that option. Who knows, Story Progression works miracles! :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 08:53:10 AM »
I repeat, the only creature in the game that has black skin is Grim Reaper. After the very first patch you can't even Try for Baby with him, so having it passed down is impossible if your game is patched up. But Sims Wiki has a picture of a jet black toddler.
Grimsoul, maybe you're right about NPCs still having that option. Who knows, Story Progression works miracles! :D

That's why I would love to figure out how it actually works! :P

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 08:57:11 AM »
That's why I would love to figure out how it actually works! :P

Simple - Story Progression weirdness! :P
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

thesweetestpea

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 08:58:42 AM »
Simple - Story Progression weirdness! :P

There's a string in the game that determines skin color. I want to know if it's possible it happened because that string was corrupted and what's actually in it for a sim with jet black skin.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 11:01:17 AM »
You know what would be really neat?

If someone would acquire said NPC by any means necessary, and upload her to the swap shop.

(Hint, hint...pretty please?  :P )

Edit:  I goof'd.  :P
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 11:13:02 AM »
I actually married the Grim Reaper when the game came out and saved him to my bin.  But you can't do that anymore unfortunately.   In fact Late Night apparently changed something regarding him.   You can actually still find Grim Reapers on the exchange if I remember correctly.  Just be careful because people have stuff up there that's still corrupted.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 12:35:27 PM »
I found out where she is living now and swapped household to her. When I copy her to the clipboard there is no picture for her.
I tried dropping her into another game and it just made her invisible. So it doesn't look like sharing her is going to work right.

I thought I would take her into CAS and get some pictures of her in her different outfits but she comes out looking like this.

sweetest pea or anyone else that would want a copy of the save file you can download it here.
kisha.sims3.rar
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2011, 12:56:42 PM »
Grimsoul, what have you acctually upload? I download this file and it is authomatically recognized as .rar file, but it is empty. Can you check it again and upload eather saved file or as a pacage file?
I never saw this skin color, and am very curious to see it in game!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2011, 01:12:53 PM »
See, I told you it's impossible to have such a Sim under your control? It will cause a glitch in your game, so better keep from risking your game.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2011, 02:06:18 PM »
Grimsoul, what have you acctually upload? I download this file and it is authomatically recognized as .rar file, but it is empty. Can you check it again and upload eather saved file or as a pacage file?
I never saw this skin color, and am very curious to see it in game!

I put the save folder in a rar file to make it smaller for uploading and downloading. 89 megs instead of 142 megs

I just downloaded the file myself to check it. After downloading I extracted it using WinRar and it was fine.
The RAR file should have contained the save folder Kisha.sims3

Do you have WinRar or another program that can open RAR files?
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2011, 02:23:25 PM »
I have WinRar but the file was only 45kb and arhive was empty, that is why I asked. I just tried again but it's slow download rate curently, so I'll report once I download it and check out. Thanks for sharing this :)
TheChronicR, did you miss one of my traits? It is Brave (plus I have everything important backed up, and am in between challenges so I don't mind reinstalling game for new discovery such is this :D

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2011, 02:26:42 PM »
Lol Anushka, I didn't know you had that trait! :D And please, call me Chronic. No need for the formal name. ;)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2011, 04:27:25 PM »
I got her! I got so carried with game that I didn't report that ;D I got the same thing when trying to get her in CAS, she dissapear, but I exit without save, than try again, but this time I moved her in, got her pregnant and now she's watching children TV. As soon as she changed in pregnant close wierd things started to happen, like black thin wall where she was standing:

And if I move camera in certain position, it looks like there are stairs to the sky:

Poor guy came to kiss her:

And now instead of her face, little picture on his wishes is a par of legs:

Eventually she turn into this thin shape:

You didn't say if you used some 3rd party objects or something like that?.
Thank you for this Portman, wow, not only handsome but very interesting character! I love playing with him too, and you made me try playing vampire for the first time!

I'll try getting her till the end of the pregnancy, but beside social interactions she can't move/go anywhere, but she can teleport with testingcheats. Let you know if by some chance I manage to do anything to save her or to get some dark babies.

EDIT: She gave birth to 2 heathy vampire boys (no gliches with them) and become invisible. Boys have normal skin tone.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2011, 04:41:38 PM »
See? Any game that is patched up will have a problem with this black skinned Sim. It's unavoidable!