Author Topic: Where is the tomb stone? Xbox360  (Read 29024 times)

Offline Spanna

• Nooboo
Where is the tomb stone? Xbox360
« on: April 27, 2011, 01:21:01 PM »
Hi! I have The Sims 3 on Xbox 360 and when someone dies the Grim reaper comes and takes their soul. Whilst this happens the tomb stone disappears.
Then you can continue as a goast but after five days they go back to the netherworld and leave no tomb stone. Why does this happen? I wanted to put them in the graveyard but now I can't.

Apllo

Re: Where is the tomb stone? Xbox360
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 01:58:51 PM »
Hey Spanna,

I've had this problem since I bought the game on its release. I check the 'net every now and then for a fix, but as far as I know it's not been confirmed as a glitch or really addressed by the creators. To elaborate, my 'remains' also completely disappear when I Return to the Netherworld; I've never had any option to Manage the Dead at the graveyard, no matter how may friends or family my Sim has/ had, and nor do friends of the family like Malcolm Landgraab leave remains. What's more, when a Sim dies s/he's also removed entirely from the family tree. I was almost convinced the '360 version had just been shipped without the option to Manage the Dead/ start a legacy, like how it doesn't have the option to run multiple families in a single save.

However, I got in contact with the troubleshooters over at EA via their online service. They assured me that it is and should be possible to Manage the Dead, and that remains should not disappear; but they also said they can't do anything about it, and that my best bet was to haunt fan forums and cross my fingers.

I hope this helps, and I also hope somebody will give us a bump with a way to resolve it! ^_^

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

22am

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 04:31:37 AM »
I haven't come across this yet but I hope there is a fix by the time I do :)

Qillz

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 10:44:05 AM »
I've had the same issue on PS3. When the sim dies, their remains go into the Sim inventory. The only thing I have been able to do with the remains is "write epitaph". I could not place them (either on my property or the graveyard) or move them to household inventory.

This became rather frustrating at one point with a Sim that ate ambrosia the morning before Grim killed her. For weeks, her ghost would not go away on it's own and, when commanded, would not return to the netherworld. In the end, I fed her ghost ambrosia, she came back to life and eventually died of old age again.

Apllo

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 02:49:21 PM »
Hm. Well as long as the Admins don't mind, we might as well use this thread for the process of elimination and try to find a fix ourselves.

Thus far, I have tried and had no success with -

- A ghost waiting for his five post-death days to end naturally.

- Getting the Mausoleum upgrade (by reaching the third tier graveyard job).

- Visiting the graveyard at night.

- Making friends with a ghost in the graveyard, then picking up his remains (to see if Manage the Dead pops up).

- Placing the above gravestone on my lot, to see if the presence of a pre-set gravestone might trigger a script or something for active Sims' to remain after death.

- Inviting an elderly friend to my house, the day after I got their 'XXX is old and won't live long' phonecall. The Sim died, and did leave remains which could be picked up and moved around (With options to Write Epitaph, Mourn and Put in Inventory). But this didn't trigger Manage the Dead, with or without it in my inventory, nor did placing it on my lot and then killing an active Sim (in a rehash of the theory above).

- Trying to click the gravestone at the last minute, just as the Sim floats into it and it disappears. I got the same option as Qillz; 'Write Epitaph', and after writing one, also 'Read Epitaph'. Neither stopped the gravestone from doing a disappearing act. When I hit Mourn, hoping it might help, the action was just deleted from the Sim's action queue. No red X or anything, just disappeared.

I did notice though that when a Sim mourned the stolen graveyard monument, or the gravestone of the elderly Sim, a ghostly avatar of said Sim appeared in a speech bubble above the 'hearbroken' one.

However, when my household Sims get the broken heart moodlet from witnessing an active Sims death, there is no accompanying avatar. Like how the Sim is removed from the Family Tree; it's like s/he is just deleted from the game entirely.

I also noticed that the car assigned to the experiment Sim disappeared when he died, from the lot and all inventories.

There has to be a way around it!

Majorine

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 03:09:04 PM »
I've been having the same problem. The annoying thing about it is that it happened in my Sims 3 game, and is now happening in my Sims 3 Pets game. To get two games with the same problem is either a frustratingly weird coincidence, or something screwy's going on with EA and Sims deaths on the console. So far this hasn't happened to a human Sim yet, but it's still annoying, especially since I've always wanted to make a Sims Family Tree and a family graveyard, since I couldn't on regular Sims, I was looking forward to it for this one, but it has the same problem!
What's more, why can't they fix the problem? They can fix other glitches with patches, why not fix this problem?

Majorine

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 10:19:29 PM »
Well, one of my Sims finally died and, lo and behold, I can neither place her grave down or manage it in the mausoleum. It's really annoying for this kind of thing to happen to me with two games... I want a Sims Family Tree. :'(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

ElagantFrost

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 06:32:14 PM »
Wow, I thought it was just me. On the occasion I got my dog's remains and couldn't do anything with them, since there were no options whatsoever. No build/buy mode placing, or in the inventory, nothing. Once I saw a gravestone of my cat on my neighbors yard, since she died there, but I could only mourn and engrave it. This sucks.

Deadly Syn

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 02:39:03 PM »
I want a Sims Family Tree. :'(

Same! I haven't come across this problem yet as my disk is broken and none of my sims had died but i really hope they don't get removed from the family tree i was hoping to build one up!  :'(

vbroadway57

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 07:28:48 PM »
I used the ghost zapper on a dead cat and the remains were in my inventory. I could then place them on my property. I didn't try the cemetery. BTW, I have a PS3.

karlissa

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 04:57:49 PM »
I use meteor strike on grim to keep the tombstone so you need to be outside and dying for this!!!

(check my latest post for another easier way)
[Edited for profanity.  -Pam]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 08:30:02 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, karlissa.

I had to edit your post to remove an inappropriate word.  We don't allow the use of any kind of profanity on this Forum.  Please read through our Forum Rules (link in my signature below).
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

karlissa

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 04:17:54 AM »
YES!! I figured out how to keep the tombstone

Things needed:
Sims 3 pets console
Ghost zapper from inventing
dead sim

For a sim in your household wait for the death sequence to happen then use a ghost zapper on them
For a sim not in your household use the ghost zapper on them when they've been turned into a ghost by grim

Yippee!!

anything