Author Topic: Cultural Crusades. Need help.  (Read 5109 times)

Tarryn

Cultural Crusades. Need help.
« on: May 01, 2011, 02:55:43 PM »
I'm stuck at the part of the quest where it wants me to (Take the Hourglass from the Town Crier) I'm not sure what this means, considering there is no town crier in my kingdom. Any help or suggestions are welcome, I've been stuck on this for hours.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Cultural Crusades. Need help.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 03:05:48 PM »
Tarryn, every kingdom I've played has a town crier.  But they go home to the village at night, which may be why you haven't been able to find him/her.  Wait until daytime, and the town crier's icon should appear.  

And welcome to the forum!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Similar

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 06:30:41 PM »
The town crier usually hangs around the judgment zone or the town square, wearing tights and ringing a bell, if that helps.

Tarryn

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 10:46:34 PM »
See I waited around for them, through the day and night, and still nothing. It didn't show me an icon, and I clicked on every sim that went through there and still didn't see a town crier. I'm starting to think I fail at sims.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 10:55:04 PM »
I don't know what to say.  I've never had the town crier not turn up.  The usual places to find him/her are the judgement zone or town square, as Similar mentioned; also the tavern and they frequently turn up at the castle as well.  If you've looked everywhere and are unable to find them after a full day and night, it's possible you may have a glitch with your quest.  The only things I can think of to do are either wait a little longer to see if the person turns up or quit the quest.  Something I'm wondering about - is this the first quest you've done in this kingdom?  Is it possible the town crier was there before but you just weren't looking for him/her?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 01:57:18 AM »
Welcome to the forum Tarryn.
Is it possible you sent your town crier to the pit?

Tarryn

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 12:01:41 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, the forum is great. And no i haven't sent anyone to the pit. I think it might just be that the quest glitched. I wait at all the different spots day and night. I'm just going to abandon the quest.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 12:41:03 PM »
That's too bad, Tarryn.  I've had to abandon glitched quests a couple of times, and I know how annoying it is to lose those quest points.  Something I've started doing is to have two separate game files for each game I play.  One is the "real" game, the other is the game QIP (quest in progress).  When there's a quest on, I save in the QIP file and only after the quest is successfully completed do I save to the other file.  That way if I run into a glitched quest, I can go back to the "real" game where the last save was before the quest started.  Doing this ensures that I won't waste quest points if a quest doesn't work out.  There are cheats that can be used as well, but I tend to prefer simpler solutions when possible.

Tarryn

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 01:29:48 PM »
Yea I haven't had much experience at medieval yet or how quest points work. But It's okay hopefully it won't happen again. Thanks for all the help everyone. :)

anything