Author Topic: Signatures  (Read 1908 times)

Offline shoppy2

• Nooboo
Signatures
« on: May 08, 2011, 10:53:59 PM »
On the forums, how can you post a link to another post in a signature??

Offline DeNile

• Occult
Re: signatures
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 11:07:40 PM »
Using URL tags, which are the same as any other tag but with URL in them.

I can't figure out a way to make this sound simple, so I'll give you a demonstration? Go into your profile to edit your signature, it'll be on the left hand side. Type URL tags into the signature box. They will look like this: [url ][ /url] but without the spaces. Make sure you have your thread copied. Now, go click on the first tag after url and type =YOUR LINK. Replacing YOUR LINK with well, your link. it will look like this [ url=YOUR LINK] but with no spaces. Next, between the tags type whatever it is you want to appear in your signature, lets' take your story as an example. You would write The Carpenters between the tags, like so [ url=YOUR LINK]The Carpenters[ /url] without the spaces.

Here it is in action: The Carpenters And voila, save your sig and you have a link!

EDIT: In case you didn't know, to actually find the place to get to your signature it's the second link in the profile page: Forum Profile Information. It'll be at the bottom!
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 11:14:45 PM »
Using URL tags, which are the same as any other tag but with URL in them.

I can't figure out a way to make this sound simple, so I'll give you a demonstration? Go into your profile to edit your signature, it'll be on the left hand side. Type URL tags into the signature box. They will look like this: [url ][ /url] but without the spaces. Make sure you have your thread copied. Mow, go click on the first tag after url and type =YOUR LINK. Replacing YOUR LINK with well, your link. it will look like this [ url=YOUR LINK] but with no spaces. Next, between the tags type whatever it is you want to appear in your signature, lets' take your story as an example. You would write The Carpenters between the tags, like so [ url=YOUR LINK]The Carpenters[ /url] without the spaces.

Here it is in action: The Carpenters And voila, save your sig and you have a link!

They are actually BB tags.

Here are instructions that I've already written about embedded links.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 11:19:36 PM »
Huh, so THAT'S what they are called! I just always referred to them by whatever they have inside the brackets. Oops sorry! Thanks Pam.
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline shoppy2

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 01:55:35 PM »
Thank you Pam and Denile! this helps alot :)