Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643561 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1875 on: August 09, 2013, 06:42:00 AM »
Is there a way to get the value of street art so it can be counted as something left behind when the heir moves?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1876 on: August 09, 2013, 06:45:16 AM »
You know I have never done the street art skill so I have no idea sorry,

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1877 on: August 09, 2013, 06:57:19 AM »
I don't think the street art has any value. It's worth 1000 simoleons when done for an opportunity, so you might ask if each piece can be counted as that.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1878 on: August 09, 2013, 06:59:03 AM »
Street Art can randomly appreciate as far as I can tell.  I don't know if it's because you do the opportunity when you do that piece of art or what but I've had it happen.  They're never worth a lot but they can be worth a little bit.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1879 on: August 09, 2013, 12:08:52 PM »
If you're making the murals in the house, you can click on them in Buy Mode to get the value.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1880 on: August 09, 2013, 01:12:01 PM »
They can have values without opportunities attached to them - I've been working on it (for the first time!), and while I've only had 2 of the opportunities, I've made over 20, and about 5 or 6 have cash value. I think my highest is worth 6 simoleans lol

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1881 on: August 09, 2013, 02:04:31 PM »
Does anyone know if street art would appreciate in value if their creator died?

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1882 on: August 10, 2013, 02:19:58 AM »
So how about using the opportunity value for however many are done for opportunities, and then use the Buy Mode value for the rest of the 10?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1883 on: August 11, 2013, 11:44:23 PM »
I'm currently running a small practice run for a Town DecaDynasty, mainly to test a few things that I'm not familiar with.  I do have a question... what is the easiest way to tell a homeless Townie from a regular Townie?  I'm more concerned with those that tend to move into the town and all that and the homeless, since the spouses have to be Townies with their residences.  Some are fairly easy for most towns, others not so much.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1884 on: August 11, 2013, 11:47:49 PM »
I'm currently running a small practice run for a Town DecaDynasty, mainly to test a few things that I'm not familiar with.  I do have a question... what is the easiest way to tell a homeless Townie from a regular Townie?  I'm more concerned with those that tend to move into the town and all that and the homeless, since the spouses have to be Townies with their residences.  Some are fairly easy for most towns, others not so much.

Try using "Invite Household Over," since if they're an NPC it'll usually be a huge list of people. Or try looking for the household name in Map View, or invite the target over, ask him to leave, and follow him home. If he just disappears at some point, he's an NPC. Or, if he's a teenager and above, ask about the career.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1885 on: August 11, 2013, 11:50:37 PM »
Try using "Invite Household Over," since if they're an NPC it'll usually be a huge list of people. Or try looking for the household name in Map View, or invite the target over, ask him to leave, and follow him home. If he just disappears at some point, he's an NPC. Or, if he's a teenager and above, ask about the career.

I did that... but the household list was blank.  Now, I'm running this test in Barnacle Bay and my heir has an RI that she got while at Prom.  Now, I did some looking up and the Lai's are an original family for the town, but when I went to invite his household over, it was blank.  Maybe that was just a glitch?  Do you have to know the household to invite them over?  I had thought about the inviting household over and then when it came up blank, I was rather confused XD  That, and I can't find his house...

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1886 on: August 12, 2013, 12:04:50 AM »
I did that... but the household list was blank.  Now, I'm running this test in Barnacle Bay and my heir has an RI that she got while at Prom.  Now, I did some looking up and the Lai's are an original family for the town, but when I went to invite his household over, it was blank.  Maybe that was just a glitch?  Do you have to know the household to invite them over?  I had thought about the inviting household over and then when it came up blank, I was rather confused XD  That, and I can't find his house...

Try inviting him over, asking him to leave, and following him with the camera.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1887 on: August 12, 2013, 12:05:49 AM »
Okies ^^  Thanks Azokka.  I'll figure this stuff out yet XD

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #1888 on: August 12, 2013, 06:25:06 AM »
I am having a small spouse problem. My 3. heir is a young adult and has done all of the requirements so I went for a spouse hunting. The problem is, there are only two sims that are elgibile for a spouse, one is dating a family member(that happened via story progression and I'd hate to break them apart) so my sims is now dating the second one but the problem is he has two children with his ex- girlfriend( I found out that when they became boyfriend/girlfriend). Is he elgibile for my sim to marry? In other circumstances I'd let her marry a random townie and move to another town to find a father for the next generation, but I don't want to waste my moves too soon in case of glitches in future because my game runs perfectly now* knocks on wood*
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1889 on: August 12, 2013, 07:04:11 AM »
He has children, so he can't be a spouse. I don't like breaking up sims either, but your most viable option seems to be the one dating a relative.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded