Author Topic: Field Trip!  (Read 24203 times)

Offline Musenapper

• Llama Wrangler
Field Trip!
« on: June 03, 2011, 07:45:19 AM »
So on my second day of playing Generations, I got a pop up as the kids were about to leave school asking did I want to give permission for them to go on a field trip.  I thought it was a really neat new thing I hadn't heard about so I said sure.

So the next day comes and of course one of the kids gets singed from the chemistry set right before going to school!  (Thankfully sim city social services didn't come knocking on my sims door!)  So anyway I thought they were going to the museum, well it turns out they went to the graveyard!

It's not really interactive or anything but you get to see them tromping off to the mausoleum!  And they came home with souveniers.  One came home with a spookey cemetary poster and a common seed.

So has anyone else been on a field trip yet?

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
Re: Field Trip!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 08:21:35 AM »
My decadynasty heir has gone on several.  She came home with a nice moodlet and a theater mirror for her trip to the theater.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 08:21:44 AM »
My kids went on two. One to the science lab and came back with a molecular model and once to the theater and came back with a theater mirror. They are cool!

Leto85

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 05:38:13 PM »
The items you'll are mentioning are items you only can achieve by field trips?

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 05:41:15 PM »
I think so - my kids all got sick from the Jail food but they got a mounted police badge as a souvenir

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 07:48:39 PM »
This sounds really cool. I love new nicknacks :)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 10:11:18 PM »
They might also be in buydebug Leto. I'm pretty sure I saw the mirror in there.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 08:28:05 AM »
I think so - my kids all got sick from the Jail food but they got a mounted police badge as a souvenir

How cool. They also can use those badges on their clothes? Or is it decoration that improve their environment rating?

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 08:55:21 AM »
Can't wait to see this in my game. I have two toddlers approaching school age!

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 09:12:51 AM »
My kids have gone on two so far. The first was to the science lab. One of my kids is an eccentric genius and there were pop-ups in the corner constantly. The teacher kept says, "don't touch that", "get out of there" and "put that down". He had a great time.  For some reason the second time one of my kids skipped school on field trip day. When the mother realized that he had she scolded him.

(I found that I could not cancel the scold interaction.)

Leto85

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 05:21:41 AM »
(I found that I could not cancel the scold interaction.)

I was wondering about that. The fact you control both childs as parents could give you the possibility to give your child sims complete freedom. How wrong I was! :D

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 05:31:26 AM »
I had three elementary aged kids go to the science center and come back with a point in the fishing skill. I'd rather have an object I think.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 06:14:10 AM »
I've had three field trips so far (the theatre, the police station and the bistro) and so far they've all brought back souvineers. My favourite was this adorable little Bento box from the bistro:

Oh, and I'm so glad I gave the eldest child the Evil trait  :D. At every trip so far I've been getting these really cute popups from her teacher. "Only adults can use that, Angie." "That's enough Angie, let the nice policeman out of his cell now." "Angie! Put that knife down!"

Offline blktauna

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2011, 11:17:53 AM »
LOL I got the same sort of messages about Niall who is both Evil and Insane. Carenza just got logic skill from the science lab, unless I issed something. Now I'm going to have to go through their inventories!

Legacy11

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 12:58:15 PM »
All of the souveniers are available in buydebug.  Your kids could receive:

Bistro Bento Art (Bistro)
Molecular Model (Science Facility)
Mounted Police Badge (Police Station)
Spooky Graveyard Poster (Graveyard)
Theatre Dressing Room Mirror (Theatre)

I think you can purchase the first four for $100 in buydebug, and those give an environment boost of +1.  The exception is the mirror which is $500 and gives an environment boost of +3.

Leto85

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 05:41:41 PM »
I've had three field trips so far (the theatre, the police station and the bistro) and so far they've all brought back souvineers. My favourite was this adorable little Bento box from the bistro:

Oh, and I'm so glad I gave the eldest child the Evil trait  :D. At every trip so far I've been getting these really cute popups from her teacher. "Only adults can use that, Angie." "That's enough Angie, let the nice policeman out of his cell now." "Angie! Put that knife down!"

Hahaha, sounds like a little criminal in spe. I hope you can raise your kids well Ausette. Sim City is counting on you. ;)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 08:04:22 PM »
Those popups are funny! Sims that aren't evil will also get those popups.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 03:41:20 PM »
Don't have any children yet for field tripes, but reading this I'm looking forward to it! Reminds me of the time I decided to be the nurse for a school trip and some kid poke me in the eye and we had to call the paramedics to take care of the nurse!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2011, 10:34:02 AM »
I especially hate it when they are accidentally late for school that day (happens usually in Bridgeport, gah). Then they are the only kid(s) in the whole school! >:(
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

VampirePlasma

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2011, 10:53:44 AM »
The 2 kids that went to a filed trip at the graveyard bought me Life Fruit Seeds and a Death Flower Seed. Loved it  ;D

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 11:35:27 AM »
The 2 kids that went to a filed trip at the graveyard bought me Life Fruit Seeds and a Death Flower Seed. Loved it  ;D

Wow! :o For real? Now I'll be seeking a way to force those field trips, lol. ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2011, 12:47:15 PM »
Not just evil Sims get messages like that. My Good, Friendly and Ambitious younger twin, Regan, got yelled at when she went to the Bistro: "Regan! Put down that knife!"
"The world is not a wish granting factory."
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2011, 11:31:55 PM »
Know what, my children Sims usually go to the cemetery on field trips. They brought back the creepy poster and two mineral/rocks, one iron and another one got an expensive titanium rock!

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 01:12:02 PM »
Two of my teen Sims went to the Theatre for a field trip-I think they brought back mirrors. I've started to avoid trips now, though, as whenever somebody goes on one, they come back controllable, but invisible and others are unable to interact with them. This isn't just a 'restart the computer' thing either. :(
'They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra just for you' - Larkin

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2011, 02:05:57 AM »
Two of my teen Sims went to the Theatre for a field trip-I think they brought back mirrors. I've started to avoid trips now, though, as whenever somebody goes on one, they come back controllable, but invisible and others are unable to interact with them. This isn't just a 'restart the computer' thing either. :(

Please start a new topic on the Technical Help thread for this.  I haven't heard of this and there may be others who can help.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline amber1195

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2011, 02:21:54 AM »
The items you'll are mentioning are items you only can achieve by field trips?

And with buydebug.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2011, 02:33:32 PM »
One nice thing about the field trips -- if your teen maxed the xylophone as a toddler and goes on the Theater field trip, he or she gets 3 points in guitar, piano, bass, and drums. I don't know if this is the case for children, too.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2011, 02:51:58 AM »
One nice thing about the field trips -- if your teen maxed the xylophone as a toddler and goes on the Theater field trip, he or she gets 3 points in guitar, piano, bass, and drums. I don't know if this is the case for children, too.

Do you mean 3 points on top of the 3 points from maxing the xylophone?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2011, 06:49:46 AM »
They come home with 3 points in guitar, 3 in piano, 3 in bass, and 3 in drums -- which is pretty good for an afternoon.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2011, 09:38:15 AM »
They come home with 3 points in guitar, 3 in piano, 3 in bass, and 3 in drums -- which is pretty good for an afternoon.

But doesn't the xylophone already give them those 3 skill points?  It's been a while since I uninstalled LN, but I know that completing the xylophone gives them 3 guitar skill points as soon as they're old enough to pick up a guitar and play it.  And I do remember that when I had LN my characters were getting that 3-point head start on the other instruments as well, the first time they picked up the instruments.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2011, 10:04:27 AM »
But doesn't the xylophone already give them those 3 skill points?  It's been a while since I uninstalled LN, but I know that completing the xylophone gives them 3 guitar skill points as soon as they're old enough to pick up a guitar and play it.  And I do remember that when I had LN my characters were getting that 3-point head start on the other instruments as well, the first time they picked up the instruments.

Yes, that is correct, but I believe Marian meant that a field trip to the theater will give them the points without the need to buy the instrument and make the teen play it. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2011, 11:59:47 AM »
Yes, Chronic, that's what I meant. Actually, that can be a headache if you're trying to supermax one of the instruments.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2011, 12:01:26 PM »
Yes, Chronic, that's what I meant. Actually, that can be a headache if you're trying to supermax one of the instruments.

Exactly. So... -ssh- Dynasty players, never send your teenagers on field trips to the theater if you want them to max out Guitar, Piano, Bass or Drums ;)

Leto85

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2011, 05:46:42 PM »
Yes, that is correct, but I believe Marian meant that a field trip to the theater will give them the points without the need to buy the instrument and make the teen play it. :)

Exactly. So... -ssh- Dynasty players, never send your teenagers on field trips to the theater if you want them to max out Guitar, Piano, Bass or Drums ;)

After you get a point for one of the instruments (you have to start somewhere if you want to max them all) will your sim get oppertunities at buildings to play there eventhough they can not play the instruments yet, because they're too young?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2011, 06:08:13 PM »
A little correction to my above post, supermax, instead of max.

About your question, yes, they will get opportunities once they are teenager and have at least one skill point in a music skill.

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2011, 08:59:56 PM »
My little boy just went to a field trip.

He and his teacher were the only ones. No wonder he has no friends. I feel so bad for him.  :-[

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2011, 06:21:59 AM »
My little boy just went to a field trip.

He and his teacher were the only ones. No wonder he has no friends. I feel so bad for him.  :-[

Being friend with other kids shouldn't affect how much students come to the field trip, but I may be wrong. Mortimer Goth had zero friends at school except Bella Bachelor yet every kid (Sandi French, Malcolm Landgraab, Sam Sekemoto) came to the field trip at the bistro.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2011, 07:49:04 PM »
My two child sims went on a field trip to the police station together, and only one (Luna) came home with a souvenir. I had a couple of notifications in the corner about Belle misbehaving on the trip (apparently she locked a police officer in a cell, which I find quite funny because she has the good trait!), so maybe that's why she didn't get a souvenir?

Offline Justin2108

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2014, 09:34:42 AM »
I have been to science lab, police station, theatre and graveyard. I got the "That's for adults" at the police station for one of my kids.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2014, 08:50:15 PM »
My child went to the theater and got a $500 mirror, then to the graveyard and got a $1000 mysterious Mr. Gnome!

Offline Acustical

• Llama Wrangler
    • Misssimmy
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2014, 05:38:26 AM »
Do field trips freeze school performance?  :o

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2014, 07:36:33 AM »
No, they continue to make progress towards an A.

Offline Acustical

• Llama Wrangler
    • Misssimmy
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2014, 07:46:45 AM »
No, they continue to make progress towards an A.

Awesome! Thanks for the clarification.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2014, 09:19:52 AM »
I never send my dynasty kids on field trips at all. They can pick up skills like cooking and fishing as well as the instruments. Unless that's what you have planned for them, it can be a real pain. Oh, and the tendency to get stuck in the hedge outside the science building in SV.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2014, 10:24:20 AM »
In a normal game I would do the field trips for school performance and objects and skills. But in a dynasty it can be a bit risky.

anything