Author Topic: New SP: The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff  (Read 30868 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: New SP: The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2011, 05:15:57 PM »
I am even more glad to hear that, Joria. This SP will be a wonderful addition to Bridgeport 2.0. Thank you EA, for spoiling us! ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Leto85

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2011, 05:31:10 PM »
A non rabit hole cafe and others? That would be awesome! I've always thought those where only installed after The Sims 4 (whenever that will happen of course).
But how about the spa? And some of the work buildings? I really love the fact of having a nonrabit hole cafe.

Now let's hope EA didn't turn things around, like: 'So you players would like to have a non rabithole cafe, right? Good, but than we will make ALL residential lots rabit holes instead.'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2011, 10:04:51 PM »
A new non-rabbit hole grocery store would be cool, but sometimes it's just easier to buy it all at once and get out fast. It might take more time if you have to go down all the aisles and go to the register. If it is true, it still would be pretty awesome!  ;D
Now let's hope EA didn't turn things around, like: 'So you players would like to have a non rabithole cafe, right? Good, but than we will make ALL residential lots rabit holes instead.'
Oh jeez that would be horrible!  :o

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2011, 10:14:44 PM »
I'm not sure if I'd like a non rabbit hole grocery shop, if it's anything like the real deal, there will be routing issues! I'm a fan of Curtis, although only for his buildings, his updates aren't always reliable.

Leto85

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2011, 03:17:56 AM »
I'm not sure if I'd like a non rabbit hole grocery shop, if it's anything like the real deal, there will be routing issues! I'm a fan of Curtis, although only for his buildings, his updates aren't always reliable.

Yes, I am wondering about that too: how about the routing issues? Probably a lot of objects will be decoration only and I asume you simply click on the cassa to buy your things.
I hope the building can still be owned by a property owner in this game but probably it can be upgraded now to provide more money, just like some buildings like the gym. We will see.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2011, 07:06:10 AM »
Oh my gad! Are you serious! No rabbit holes! (some I know,) That would be awesome! I would love to fight in the grocery store!

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2011, 05:17:27 PM »
Yes, I am wondering about that too: how about the routing issues? Probably a lot of objects will be decoration only and I asume you simply click on the cassa to buy your things.
I hope the building can still be owned by a property owner in this game but probably it can be upgraded now to provide more money, just like some buildings like the gym. We will see.

The Sims 2 had a decent set-up for a non-rabbit hole grocery store and I wish EA would bring something like that back again. 

I discovered the following on Sims VIP

♦ There are 3 New Rabbit Holes which were selected via the Community Poll back in December. The 3 new Rabbit holes are:
-School – Par Excellence Preparatory School
- Bistro – Scrumptious Nibbles Café
-Grocery Store – Fresh and Frozen Express Grocer

Sims VIP also has some other useful information regarding this stuff pack.
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2011, 03:25:17 AM »
How did a thread about the new stuff pack turn into a discussion of non-rabbit hole lots?  Let's keep it on topic, please.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2011, 03:30:03 AM »
How did a thread about the new stuff pack turn into a discussion of non-rabbit hole lots?  Let's keep it on topic, please.

I believe because most people were confused that the Stuff Pack would replace some rabbit holes such as the Grocery store with non-rabbit holes. But it's not true, according to the information Mtglady's post, and the Sims VIP link.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Leto85

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2011, 03:30:10 AM »
How did a thread about the new stuff pack turn into a discussion of non-rabbit hole lots?  Let's keep it on topic, please.

It is still on topic Pam. You may have missed it, but Town Life Stuff seems to include non-rabit hole lots. I mean, they will replace the Bistro to something you can follow your sims into. Now I read the same count for the school, and grocery store. ;)

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2011, 04:15:23 AM »
It is still on topic Pam. You may have missed it, but Town Life Stuff seems to include non-rabit hole lots. I mean, they will replace the Bistro to something you can follow your sims into. Now I read the same count for the school, and grocery store. ;)

Leto, I think you are still confused.  Those three lots (the grocer, Bistro and school) are still not something you can follow your Sim into.  They are just new designs with new names but are really the three rabbit-hole lots that we have always had. 

The pack will include four pre-built lots (library, gym, laundromat and playground) with new items to update and/or change them to suit your taste.  These are the lots you can follow your Sim into. 

So you can actually change the look and/or feel of your entire town with this SP if you want to.  For instance, if you changed all the community lots in Sunset Valley to these new lots, you could call it Sunnyslope instead ;).

Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Leto85

« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2011, 05:53:47 AM »
Leto, I think you are still confused.  Those three lots (the grocer, Bistro and school) are still not something you can follow your Sim into.  They are just new designs with new names but are really the three rabbit-hole lots that we have always had. 

The pack will include four pre-built lots (library, gym, laundromat and playground) with new items to update and/or change them to suit your taste.  These are the lots you can follow your Sim into. 

So you can actually change the look and/or feel of your entire town with this SP if you want to.  For instance, if you changed all the community lots in Sunset Valley to these new lots, you could call it Sunnyslope instead ;).

Yes, I know. And I was about to edit my post just when my internet connection got so bad I couldn't even access this forum anymore. But I see what you mean now.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2011, 01:33:27 AM »
I've got some screenshots of the clothing and hair that came with Town Life.  First we have Bubblegum Dreamweaver modeling the clothing and hair for female Sims.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2011, 01:41:17 AM »
Next up is Antone Dreamweaver modeling the hair and clothing for male Sims.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Morbid

• Townie
  • Aäkon Këëtrëh
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2011, 01:56:46 AM »
Sigh, just like the rest... EA is really horrible at clothing, in my opinion. The last EP/SP that was good (in the fashion sense) was... Late Night, and it barely scraped by. I just find myself using the standard clothing.

anything