Author Topic: New SP: The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff  (Read 31158 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
Re: New SP: The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2011, 02:05:55 AM »
Sigh, just like the rest... EA is really horrible at clothing, in my opinion. The last EP/SP that was good (in the fashion sense) was... Late Night, and it barely scraped by. I just find myself using the standard clothing.

The clothing is designed around the theme of the expansion/stuff pack.  Unless someone loves every style of clothing that has existed since the beginning of time, there will be a lot of stuff you won't care for.  It doesn't make EA horrible at clothing.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Choccolatee

« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2011, 02:09:27 AM »
Those hair choices are rather unusual. What's with the bowl cut? I do like the clothing though.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2011, 02:14:17 AM »

This reminds me of the oompa loompa outfit :D

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2011, 02:34:33 AM »
Sigh, just like the rest... EA is really horrible at clothing, in my opinion. The last EP/SP that was good (in the fashion sense) was... Late Night, and it barely scraped by. I just find myself using the standard clothing.

Hey! I actually like the clothing options in this stuff pack. I find these clothes very trendy and stylish, and absolutely something I would wear in real life.

EA isn't horrible at clothing, yeah they make mistakes, like the dress I got at the SimStore for 75 SimPoints, but they actually make some really nice and cute clothes, that I would more than likely wear in real life.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2011, 03:08:49 AM »
I'm debating whether to get this or not. I really want Pets but that is £25, this is £8ish. I guess I can wait till September for my Birthday, maybe get it before I don't know.  :-\
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Leto85

« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2011, 03:10:33 AM »
Hey! I actually like the clothing options in this stuff pack. I find these clothes very trendy and stylish, and absolutely something I would wear in real life.

EA isn't horrible at clothing, yeah they make mistakes, like the dress I got at the SimStore for 75 SimPoints, but they actually make some really nice and cute clothes, that I would more than likely wear in real life.

Well, personally I won't ware most dresses EA had made, but perhaps that has something to do with other things. :P

I like the first sweater of Antone Dreamweaver. It looks a little bit Start Trek style.
Most clothing EA had made I like, but I think they are making sure they won't make it too beautiful to be a inspiration for some people who like to make their own clothes for this game. Like: 'You can make it better? Be my guest!' If that's so, EA has done this with a reason, like I think they actually do with everything.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2011, 03:35:01 AM »
You've already got it???

What else does it have? I'll have to go in to get it this week.

I love getting more clothes and hairstyles, regardless what they look like (usually) because I love having more variety. My latest way of playing lets me have tons of variety in sims and it's really fun :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2011, 03:44:35 AM »
I'm very interested to hear what else it has in it too.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2011, 05:03:27 AM »
The hair and clothing that I posted already is all that comes with the stuff pack.  It has very little in the way of home furnishings, too.  A few light fixtures, dining table and chairs, some outdoor things for children (sand box, spring rider, etc.).  The rest of it is all the replacement buildings for around town.  There's a new gym, cafe, library, laundromat, grocer, small park, and school.  From what I can tell so far, the new community lots are smaller than their original counterparts, so it shouldn't be a problem placing them.  Also, there are no new residential lots at all.

Here are a couple of pictures of the Scrumptious Nibbles Cafe in place of Hogan's Diner.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2011, 08:18:27 AM »
:o I adore that new cafe! It just looks so much more modern, and I adore modern-themed things! Oh, my town is so getting completely redone as soon as I get my hands on this SP! And thanks for those screenshots of the clothes and hair too, Pam. I also really adore some of those clothes, especially the ruffled top with the jacket, I've been looking for something like that for ages!

Leto85

« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2011, 11:27:53 AM »
That building looks indeed very awesome! That would make any city much more modern.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2011, 12:05:58 PM »
Is this out in the UK yet?

VampirePlasma

« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2011, 12:46:59 PM »
Aw that's so pretty. But then again, it's this or Pets. I've made my mindu up though.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2011, 01:34:10 PM »
Is this out in the UK yet?

Amazon UK says July 29. My local Danish shop says July 28. I would actually be amazed if I can get anything before you. :D

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2011, 07:23:54 PM »
Well, I just picked up Town Life Stuff, so here's my two cents on it. Unfortunately, the grocery store and everything else is still a rabbit-hole.  :'( At least it looks more modern! I've seen some of the furniture, and I personally really like the library stuff. I haven't looked at the outfits, but I think they will be nice =). I already built a 10x15 library, which you guys should see on the Building / Remodeling Showboat Thread soon. Overall, I give the Sims 3 Town Life Stuff Pack a 3.75. I knocked off a good part of it because the rabbit-holes are still unfortunately rabbit holes, but the furniture is good  ;D. I would recommend getting it, but don't expect it to be completely outstanding of a pack  ;).
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

anything