Author Topic: Prom  (Read 51164 times)

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
Re: Prom
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2013, 09:09:24 AM »
I've never had to do anything special. You might be able to click on the school to send the teen(s) to prom manually.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Sunflowergal22

• Nooboo
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2013, 02:20:56 PM »
i love prom! my recents sims went there

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2013, 03:59:38 AM »
OMG!!!! My TWINS went to prom and suddenly I get the notice that they are now ROMANTICALLY INVOLVED!

This happened to the son of my Sim and his imaginary friend. They are both in the same household so they kind of treat each other like brothers and then went to Prom. At the Prom, they went steady.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2013, 11:48:43 AM »
Has anyone ever gotten "invited" by another Sim to the prom autonomously?  I've read that it happens, but I've never experienced it.

I ever got that call once.

It's my first experience that my twins go to prom together (Thomas & Theresia).
Previous twins that I had before, only one of them that can go to prom.
Theresia go with her date and the Thomas just go alone. It's strange when the town is like out of stock of teens ???
It's funny when an unexpected things happened in Prom. One seems like too good to be true, the others is truly disaster.

“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2013, 11:24:23 AM »
I've had the autonomous call happen only once. A former paper girl called the teenage boy in the household and asked him out. I never even thought that was possible, and in the many times I've had teens go to prom since I've never seen it again.

I always have found it interesting just how much Prom can change relationship dynamics. In one of my current games I have a house full of teenagers (twin boys and twin girls, with the girls both having IFs). One of the girls went to prom with her imaginary friend (they were RI at the time) and came out going steady. The other four (three siblings and an IF) went solo. One of the brothers wound up with a babysitter as his RI, the second brother wound up with his other sister's imaginary friend as an RI, and the last sister wound up getting into several fights, with no RI at all.

I have to wonder if the chances of finding a romantic interest during prom are trait-driven. The sibling who came out of the dance without a romantic interest has the Rebellious trait.

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2013, 01:09:37 AM »
I've had all that happen and then once I had the father [who lived in a different house] ask out his OWN SON to the prom.

Needless to say I clicked NO.

Offline Flower1552

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2013, 04:52:40 PM »
LOL~! And yet I had no idea they could get called to be asked out to prom anyways. I've never had any problems, But it was strange the sister was queen ad the brother was king...twice...and the random girl who became romantic interests still stalks him even though he's married, lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rinbird

• Nooboo
  • I didn't trip I was just testing out gravity.
    • My deviantART
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2013, 08:41:42 AM »
I've never had my teen sim go to a prom.

The teen sim in my current household will age up in 14 sim days though.

I also have a child sim who is aging up in 7 days, that means they'll both be teens for a while.

And if I do get a prom thingy, they could both go, right?

They're not related and I want them to become a couple. Ehehehe~ ;D

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2013, 09:36:17 AM »
You only get the option to go to Prom if you have Generations.   However, sometimes a Prom doesn't trigger.  So you you might not get one in the first 14 days but it's possible you might get one in the last 7 days of the child's teenhood after the first one has aged up. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Rinbird

• Nooboo
  • I didn't trip I was just testing out gravity.
    • My deviantART
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2013, 10:02:24 AM »
Well I do have generations otherwise I wouldn't be posting on here. I hope it does trigger for me. :D

I hope one of the teens becomes Prom king/queen.

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2013, 03:29:01 PM »
it was strange the sister was queen ad the brother was king
Happens frequently to me. I believe the game rolls separate scenarios (or how to call it) for each of them - imagine they are each one on different one.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
Prom
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2013, 10:03:32 PM »
I was just thinking and does anything effect what happens at prom?

If your mean spirited are you more likely to get in a fight at prom? Or if you have the hidden skill dancing are you a better dancer at prom?
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2013, 10:11:42 PM »
I've noticed that if you know more than a few people that you are likely to get prom king/queen.   If you go alone, you're more likely to have a hard time unless you're friends or better with one of your classmates then you will probably get a romantic interest.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2013, 10:34:45 PM »
Ahh ok so its more relationships and not skills or traits.
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2013, 08:52:27 PM »
Honestly, I've had romance interests trigger for sims with no official friends. I think as long as they know more people, they have a higher chance at being prom queen and getting romantically involved? Not sure.