Author Topic: Can't move past the flirty romantic interactions  (Read 19007 times)

Offline Svineprutter

• Nooboo
Re: Can't move past the flirty romantic interactions
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2015, 06:02:45 PM »
I believe the playing tag action may interfear with romantc interactions.

A certain way of normalizing things, is to save game and quit it. Then delete cache files in the EA folder in Documents and restart the game.

ps, it is pretty annoying that this problem make it hard to combine romantic and playful sims. In theory. they could be great sims and I intend to continue playing those types for some time at least.

Offline Mikivi

• Nooboo
Re: Can't move past the flirty romantic interactions - solution!
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2017, 12:06:31 PM »
I found the solution! (All right, years have passed since this was first posted - but let me tell you anyway, in case I'm not the only one still playing Sims 3 come 2018 and onwards :-))

I've had this problem with numerous sims that grew up together, so when I saw in this thread that it may be tied to playing tag as children, it made sense.

Some further reading (also elsewhere) brought me on the track of the SOCIAL CACHE! Yes, that one is the issue!

It's called "socialCache.package" and is usually placed in your documents folder, under "Electronic Arts" and then "Sims 3", and you simply have to exit your game, delete it and then start again - and voila! They can no longer remember that they played tag as kids, and hence they very happily engage in more.... adult activities once they've grown up :-)

(If in doubt: No, deleting a cache file does not harm your game. Worst thing that can happen is that it takes a few more seconds to load the first time you start it up again.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Duckjob

• Nooboo
Re: Can't move past the flirty romantic interactions
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2020, 10:57:58 PM »
I found the solution! (All right, years have passed since this was first posted - but let me tell you anyway, in case I'm not the only one still playing Sims 3 come 2018 and onwards :-))

I've had this problem with numerous sims that grew up together, so when I saw in this thread that it may be tied to playing tag as children, it made sense.

Some further reading (also elsewhere) brought me on the track of the SOCIAL CACHE! Yes, that one is the issue!

It's called "socialCache.package" and is usually placed in your documents folder, under "Electronic Arts" and then "Sims 3", and you simply have to exit your game, delete it and then start again - and voila! They can no longer remember that they played tag as kids, and hence they very happily engage in more.... adult activities once they've grown up :-)

(If in doubt: No, deleting a cache file does not harm your game. Worst thing that can happen is that it takes a few more seconds to load the first time you start it up again.)

Don't mean to necro a thread for no reason, but this completely fixed the issue for me. Thanks so much for posting this solution!