Author Topic: Can't move past the flirty romantic interactions  (Read 19008 times)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Can't move past the flirty romantic interactions
« on: June 10, 2011, 11:15:49 AM »
I've been trying to get my sim to date another sim, and have been using romantic interactions, but the relationship bar keeps flicking between "Sim A thinks Sim B is being flirty" back to "Sim A think Sim B is okay".
Because of this, I can't get my sims to start going steady.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Can't move past the flirty romantic interactions
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 11:18:59 AM »
I experienced this once, although the only way I found to fix it was to romance another sim.  I never did manage to get anywhere with the original sim.

Have you tried to reset the other sim (not the one you're controlling)?
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 11:36:20 AM »
Alex, my guess is the Sim on the receiving end of the romantic advances might be Unflirty or Shy. Or maybe Commitment Issues. If this is a non-challenge game I would cheat and add the Sim to the household just to sneak a peek at the traits. Then you could just exit without saving and have a good plan of attack.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 11:49:57 AM »
Actually, I've seen this before.  I had a sim in Barnacle Bay who was trying to romance Dude LaMer, and after a romantic interaction the status would go to "Dude thinks X is being Flirty" and before the next interaction (even though several were cued) it would immediately change to "Dude thinks X is Okay."  But he was living with Moe Pesch, so when Moe came home from the hospital she put the moves on him and it worked the way it's supposed to.

I've only ever seen this happen once in my game, but I remember someone else posting about this a good while back.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 02:26:21 PM »
I had this happen a lot on my old computer, I could never find out how to fix it.
Try resetsim, restarting your computer, and all of those basic things.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 02:35:34 AM »
I agree with Metro - the case is usually centred upon Sims with those traits. If not, sorry, but I can't help you.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 02:49:19 AM »
It's in my dynasty, so I can't add him into the household, but my sim discovered he's flirty. So it can't be that he's unflirty. It must just be one of those annoying glitches.
I got them to cuddle on the couch and then kiss, which made them romantic interests, but there was still no moving forward after that.

I haven't gone back to my game since the problem occurred, but I'll be having a look soon. I guess if it's not fixed, I'll just have to set my sights on someone else.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 03:04:29 AM »
Have your Sim asked the Target to break up a relationship with another Sim? In this case, I believe there is a cool down period (2-3 days) where the Sim is heartbroken and don't accept loads of romantic interactions.

It might be similar if its spouse/fiance/girl-boyfriend has died recently - mourning time.

Otherwise, it's a bug. Have you tried resetsim?
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 09:53:37 AM »
There was a bug from playing tag - not sure if they fixed it as I don't let my sims play tag with future partners.  But the tag bug would not allow those sims to advance beyond flirty if they had played tag in the past with each other.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 12:02:00 PM »
There was a bug from playing tag - not sure if they fixed it as I don't let my sims play tag with future partners.  But the tag bug would not allow those sims to advance beyond flirty if they had played tag in the past with each other.

I had never heard of this bug, but that's likely why it happened to me now that I think about it.  Dude has the childish trait, and they were playing tag shortly before I started.

However, he does not have the unflirty or shy traits.  I have romanced unflirty sims before (Erin Kennedy for one), and know that it is, in fact, possible to flirt with them if you progress high enough in their relationship.  It's just harder to get to that point.  Likewise, once you reach a certain level in the relationship, the shy trait has no influence over interactions.

Read closely to what everyone is saying, and you'll see that this is something that is not normal in the mechanics of the game.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 12:26:45 PM »
Seems like my post didn't get posted before - oops.
I was wrong about the traits. He was friendly, not flirty.
It seemed this time around I was lucky, and a restart of the computer fixed the issue. However, I've had it happen to me before when a restart did nothing for me. It seems that it's just a weird glitch that's sometimes fixable, sometimes not.

Offline linmayu

• Townie
  • Founding Member of the Arlo Bunch Fan Club
    • What Happens In Twinbrook Stays In Twinbrook
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 05:15:43 PM »
Hahaha, I've been trying to get VJ Alvi a girlfriend and this bug got me.  I was having him play tag with all his potential mates to build the relationship.  Guess that wasn't the best strategy.  xD

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
  • The Watcher Of Logan Foster
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2014, 05:58:21 PM »
Sorry, but all I can say is maybe cheat and change your sims trait to flirty or hopeless romantic.
If You Need A Call, Get A Phone.

- Avery

Offline Kaydda

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2014, 08:53:13 PM »
ya i remembered when this happened to me. I restarted the game and it worked fine afterword. all i know is it worked for me. ;D
Sim Schedule:
Day1: Meet Someone. Day2: Marry them
Day3  Try for a Baby.  Day 5: Have the baby
Sims: The only place were starting a family after knowing your husband/wife for only 5 day,s isnt crazy.

Offline Jessywoo

• Nooboo
  • Motherlode..... *sigh*
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 07:34:59 AM »
I get this a lot. It sounds ridiculous, but is the sim your sim is trying to flirt with already in a conversation with someone else? I've had it before where romantic interactions don't work because the game hasn't recognised that a sim is no longer in a conversation with another sim that isn't mine, if you see what I mean. It often happens when you interrupt a conversation in order to get the targeted sim in a conversation with yours - the target sim still has the blue relationship pop-up icon occasionally, as if their relationship is still increasing with the sim they were talking to before.

I believe I've also heard the playing tag bug - it would make sense, because almost all the sims that have been affected by this in my games are either childish or teenagers who were friends as children. In both cases, I would suggest resetsim as your first move, as this would cancel all interactions. If this doesn't work could you go to Edit Town and place another version of the sim in the town? Or you could add the targeted sim to the household so that you're in control of both, and perform romantic interactions while the target sim is active?
'Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin,' thought Alice, 'but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in my life!'