Author Topic: Boarding school problems  (Read 74134 times)

Shnorlick

Boarding school problems
« on: June 11, 2011, 11:21:45 PM »
Has anyone else had boarding school problems?
I enrolled a sim but then I think she missed the pick up (wasn't watching
At the time) and now she is still at home but her panel says she is
Enrolled in boarding school. There are no options to take her out of
School on the phone and the enroll option has now vanished too. She just
Stays at home and the normal school bus doesn't come either.
Other sims in the same family have gone off to boarding school with
No problems. Anyone else have this?

HannahEloiseee

Re: Boarding school problems
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 12:38:25 PM »
I have that same problem. :/ I've had it 4 times now and re-setting the sim doesn't work. I had to quit all my games that this has happened on and start them again. It's so annoying.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BunnyB23

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 02:10:00 PM »
I had this happen too. My teen actually left for boarding school, was gone for like 3 days and then came home and hasn't gone back. I think it happened to him because I sent him to regular school for one day, and while he was there a screen popped up saying Prom was Friday. I think he might have come home for prom but then he never went back.

Shnorlick

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 02:32:53 PM »
Sorry to hear that theres no known fix so far but kind of glad that other people are also having issues and it's not just me iygwim!

Frey

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 05:42:50 PM »
I am having the same issue now. My sim left for boarding school on monday, and on wednesday she was back. At first I thought she had come to visit the family or something but now she's been there for three days. No bus comes to pick her up but it still says she's in the boarding school. I haven't tried to reset her yet because I just realized this was a bug (I've only had the EP since friday). Anyway.. there has to be some trick to fix it, or at least to take her out of school and send her back again.

Frey

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 06:51:11 PM »
Hi again,
I did some research about this bug and found out there's one possible solution. Apparently using the moveobjects on cheat to delete the bugged child works for some people, or that's what they say in the official forum and in [name of site removed as it deals with mods - Schipperke]. I just advise to save the game before you try it just in case you lose the kid forever or something. Some people even say that you have to try the cheat a lot of times before it works. I am saving my file now so I haven't tried it but I guess it should work. The other thing they say may work is to move the kid out with one of the parents and then move them back in.

Just thought you would like to know... good luck =)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 09:23:18 PM »
Frey, I edited your post to remove the name of a site that deals in mods.  Discussion of mods or sites that deal in them is against forum rules.  Please be more careful in future.  Thanks for your cooperation.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline chrissie

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 06:17:41 PM »
I've had this problem myself. The teen turned up for the prom, which all three teens in the house missed for some reason. After this she never went back to boarding school, as this particular teen was a clone of the mother, I grew her up using testingcheats, this resulted in her being unable to get a job! So I sent her to town she found Miraj Alvi, married him and moved into his home, problem solved.

Frey

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 11:03:51 PM »
Sorry, Schipperke.

Chrissie: If you don't mind cheating, you could use testingcheats to get her a job. I think you have to shift-click on the mailbox, or maybe just clicking, and there you can select the career you want for her.

Offline chrissie

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 03:42:46 AM »
Thanks Frey, but once she was married she got a job, no problem! But I'll remember that tip for the future, just in case.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 07:47:20 PM »

This finally happened to me and I deleted my sim with the cheat 'moveObjects on'. After that he was back in boarding school thankfully. 

For anyone else that this happens to, make sure to backup your game before doing this in case the Sim disappears completely ;)
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 07:57:10 PM »
I wish I would have read this soon. My sims ages up today so I can't send him back to boarding school. He also came back for Prom.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 08:00:29 PM »
I wish I would have read this soon. My sims ages up today so I can't send him back to boarding school. He also came back for Prom.

But hopefully you will have more children in the future and, if it happens again, you will remember what to do ;).   
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 08:06:53 PM »
I will trust me. He is so annoying.  ::) The weird thing was, he was still learning all of the skills he was supposed to learn at the Military School.

Frey

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2011, 01:45:20 AM »
Yeah, my sims also keep learning skills when this bug occurs. If I didn't want them out of the house it would e cool actually... no homework, no school, "free" skills and a lot of freetime! but I normally send them off so I don't have to take care of them hehe.

anything