Author Topic: Can I share without the Sims 3 Game?  (Read 2209 times)

Offline beccaboo105

• Townie
Can I share without the Sims 3 Game?
« on: June 21, 2011, 08:06:54 AM »
It sounds a weird question but I made a pattern via create a pattern and I was thinking about putting it up here. The problem is I don't currently have the game on my computer, I need a new pc because the game doesn't work anymore using this one. I was wondering if it's possible to share it here without entering the game, and if so how do I do that?  If not I will just have to wait, it will still be a few months from now.
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney~

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: Can I share without the Sims 3 Game?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 10:08:39 AM »
Easy! Just export the pattern from CAP (Ctrl E) to create a sims3.pack file, and follow the uploading instructions as normal. The downside though is that you won't be able to test the pattern yourself or get in-game screenshots. Good luck. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline beccaboo105

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 10:17:48 AM »
Thankyou! Should have the pattern up soon!  ;)
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney~

Offline beccaboo105

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 10:40:42 AM »
When I tried to put it up it says:
You cannot upload that type of file. The only allowed extensions are gif,jpg,jpeg,bmp,png,sims3pack,mp3,mp4.
How do I change it to a sims3.pack file?

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 09:29:24 PM »
While you have the file open in CAP, press Ctrl+E to export your pattern. The exported version is the one you want to upload and it should be in your Exports Folder.

Offline beccaboo105

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 04:03:09 AM »
Ahh, thankyou! It should work this time, will have it up sometime today  ;)

anything