Author Topic: Becci's Animal Prints  (Read 4278 times)

Offline beccaboo105

• Townie
Becci's Animal Prints
« on: June 22, 2011, 04:27:09 AM »
This is my first time sharing something here, and I am very new to CAP so the designs are basic, but hopefully effective. At the moment I am unable to test them as I can't play the game so if you download please let me know what you think.

Zebra Spots

This is an unusual mix of Zebra meets Leopard and is perfect for party loving sims.

(Sorry about the white surround, I went completely dumb with paint when I did this  :D)

Up close there is an outline on the zebra stipes but it's almost unnoticable farther away.

EDIT: I've Exported it as misc

One last thing, as I cannot test it, I do not know what the recolouring abilities are, please let me know.

Enjoy  ;)
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney~

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Becci's Animal Prints
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 11:32:06 AM »
That's a very striking pattern, becca!  I can visualize some very nice recolours for it.  Thanks for sharing it with us.  Downloading now!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline beccaboo105

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 11:37:16 AM »
Thanks Schip, let me know how it looks in game!  ;)
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney~

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 11:58:33 AM »
Becca, I'm currently remodeling the Grind again and this pattern is EXACTLY what I needed for it!  Thanks so much!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline beccaboo105

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 02:32:51 PM »
I'm glad to help Joria! I'd love to see pictures of the remodel  ;)

Offline beccaboo105

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 08:59:09 AM »
ZebraSplotch

My second pattern is very similar to the first, only with cow print underneath, and the zebra stripes black.

I must say that the pattern looks much better on furniture, on the wall you can see the square quite clearly, I'd love some advice on how to stop this happening:

I will carry on experimenting with this one, so if I manage to get it without, I will share that one too.

Once again I don't know how it will recolour, please let me know, and thankyou to the people who have already downloaded my first pattern! I am new at this so it's nice to know that people like the idea at least  ;)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 10:08:32 PM »
Becca, I downloaded the Zebra Spots but it just shows up as black and white in my game, and I can't recolour it.  I don't know what happened to the fuchsia parts but they just aren't showing up at all.  I've downloaded quite a few patterns from the swap shop, and this is the first time I've had this happen so I'm not sure what's wrong.  I'm wondering if it's working ok for other people?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 01:39:22 PM »
Becca, I'm having the same issues as Schip. For the Zebra Spots pattern, the spots don't show up in-game although the recolour is available for them, and the pattern as a whole looks very "washed out". Does that make sense. Also, for the Zebra Splotch pattern the splotches are completely absent although the recolour option for them is available, like with the spots. In-game, it looks like a slight variation of the EA-made zebra pattern under Leathers.

I love the idea and design of these patterns (I'm a huge zebra pattern fan!) so I would love to see these work in-game. I can't offer any help with CAP as I don't have it, but if you would like some help I will suggest PMing Gheez or Ausette as their patterns all work very well in-game. I really hope you decide to take another look at these patterns as I would love to have them.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 10:36:28 PM »
Aussie to the rescue! Becci, I played around in CAP and was able to make a fully-colourable version of a pattern. I don't want to steal your design, so I'm giving you the steps to do it so you can make it and upload it yourself :). OK, here's what you do after you've placed your stickers:

1) If you want the background to recolour, you'll need to sacrifice one of your four main layers. I'd suggest making a sticker of a plain square in Paint, then stretching it and using it as a background. Don't worry if the bottom layer is occupied: If you've got less than three layers, which you do, click and drag on the bumpy bit next to 3 and you can move the layers up and down. Once you've applied your square to the bottom layer, it's time to move onto...

2) and 3) STENCILS. Stencils, stencils, stencils. This is the key for maximum recolouration. Basicially, clicking the stencil button (2) will turn all the stickers on that layer into flat blue shapes, like this:

Don't worry about the blue though: You can change the colour to whatever you like, as seen on (3). That's the beauty of it: Whatever colour you choose for your stencil will be used for the pattern in-game, and it always recolours perfectly. So if you use stickers that don't have any important details on them, STENCIL.

4) Finally, click the little picture of the eye on any layers you aren't using to make them invisible. Ta dah, you're done! Oh, and one more thing:

5) Test it. Once you've exported the pattern, you can go to your Exports folder and copy-paste into your Downloads, which lets you install the pattern into your game with your launcher. From there, you can mess around with it, make sure it recolours properly, and maybe take some screenshots. Good luck, Becci!  ;D