Author Topic: Rules: Strangers in a Sim Land Rules  (Read 8690 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Rules: Strangers in a Sim Land Rules
« on: June 26, 2011, 05:03:35 PM »
 STRANGERS IN A SIM LAND

(spooky music) Where did they come from? Everyone in Twinbrook (Sunset Valley, Riverview, etc.) wanted to know. One of the oddly-hued young women claimed she was the victim of a chemical accident; one said her father had had an unfortunate experience with a telescope; a third said she'd spent too much time in a tanning bed. But what was the real story?

Instructions

1. In CAS, create three YA women with red, blue, and green skin (alternatively, you can use different shades of blue or green; light red is too close to normal). Give them non-standard hair and eyes as well. You may choose any traits, but you have to use 15 traits in all -- no overlap.

2. Immediately establish each in a separate house in Twinbrook, Sunset Valley, Riverview, Bridgeport, or Barnacle Bay.

3. Use "Edit Town" to switch between households. Your main goal is to produce babies, but you'll also need jobs to survive and entertainment and skill objects to produce lifetime reward points. You may switch between households as frequently or infrequently as you like, but be aware that you will lose promises and wishes when you switch. You may also lose items in inventory such as teddy bears, homework, and harvested crops. On the plus side, these may be replaced with books of some value (or books like Where's Bella? -- it's up to the computer).

4. Adhere to the following restrictions:

Story progression has to be on; free will has to be maximum.
  No traveling.
  Sims must live in houses (they're trying to blend in). Beds and bathrooms, at least, must be under a roof.
  Any male Sim of the 2nd or 3rd generation must marry and move in his spouse before she becomes pregnant. He must be faithful to his wife whenever he is under your control.
  Age length should be normal; no aging sliders; no use of cake except on actual birthday.
  No cheats except for "resetsim," "moveobject," and "buydebug" to get martial arts equipment, cameras, and nectar-makers. If one of your Sims gets married when you're playing another household, you may use "shift-click" to add that Sim's spouse to his or her household.

5. You may control only Sims that are red, green, or blue, with the following exceptions:

Any Sim may put out a fire, call the police, or feed a hungry infant or toddler.
  All children may be controlled until they become teens. (This is almost true in real life, too.)
  Spouses and young adult offspring may be sent once to obtain jobs. They may accept opportunities that involve reading a book, because this is something they might do on their own. Other challenges and opportunities should be rejected. Normal-looking young adults may be kicked out.
  If one of your founding Sims has no children of her color, you may control her oldest child and attempt to produce a red, green, or blue baby.

6. You may give 2nd and 3rd generation Sims any traits if the computer lets you.

Scoring

As soon as you have a red, blue, and green toddler in the 3rd generation, pause the game and note the time. Convert this to hours (168 hours in a week; 24 hours in a day). This is your base score. If you reach Week 12, Day 7, 11:59 pm without three toddlers in the 3rd generation, pause. Your base score is 2180.

For every Sim that has the same skin, hair, and eye color as his or her mother or grandmother deduct 100 points. For every Sim with the same skin color deduct 50 points. For every Sim with the same hair color or eye color deduct 20 points (both in the same Sim -- 40 points). Send your toddlers to the mirror to check on hair and eye color. Infants get only skin color.

Total up the lifetime reward points for every living member of your households. For every 10,000 points, deduct .1.

Sample

At the end of 12 weeks, the Bellews, Rouges, and Verds had produced only one red toddler, one blue toddler, and a normal-looking infant. The base score was 2012. Charity Rouge had the same features as her mother -- 100 pts. Shelton Bellew and Lakeshia Bellew both had blue skin -- 100 pts. Gabrielle Rouge had red skin -- 50 pts. Leigh Bellew had pink hair and orange eyes -- 40 pts. Meghan Rouge had purple hair and pale green eyes -- 40 pts. Samuel Verd had lavender eyes -- 20 pts. Forest Verd had green hair -- 20 pts. Total -- 370 pts. Total lifetime reward points -- 98,592 for .9 pt. Grand total 2180 - 370.9 = 1809.1.

Rules for the Project

Once you've completed the challenge, try to "take over" your town by moving your "aliens" into other houses. Rules here are much looser. Age length can be whatever you want. You may control Sims who appear normal but are descended from your "aliens." You do not have to play all your households. See if you can get as many as 10, but be warned that the game might start glitching. You may not remove townies; but you may place houses on empty lots, or build on them yourself.

Story progression still has to be on, with maximum free will. Your male Sims still have to be faithful to their wives when under your control. Traveling is at your discretion.

I had fun with my test game; hope you enjoy it!

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Strangers in a Sim Land
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 09:47:03 PM »
MarianT, did you get permission from Pam or Metro to post this project?  The Project rules state
In order to have your Project added to the list of official Projects for stories on this board, please submit your idea to either me or Metropolis Man through a private message using the Forum's messaging system.  He and I will discuss each submission and if approved, the author of the Project will be given permission to post the Project rules on this board and they will be added to the list below with a link to the set of rules.  Remember, do not post your set of rules or ask permission for an idea here.  It must be sent through private message to me or Metro.

So if you haven't done that, please review the rules that Pam has put up and then get in touch with her or Metro.  Thanks.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 10:34:58 PM »
MarianT, did you get permission from Pam or Metro to post this project?  The Project rules state
So if you haven't done that, please review the rules that Pam has put up and then get in touch with her or Metro.  Thanks.

Yes, she got permission.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 10:39:58 PM »
Thanks for clarifying that, Pam.  I didn't see a link to this project in the rules and wanted to be sure.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Natsuko

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 01:22:51 PM »
Hmm...I'm considering whether I should try this or not.
I think I will try it. It'll be fun for me (I have a fondness for strange and unique sims).

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Strangers in a Sim Land Rules
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 08:37:08 PM »
Natsuko, thanks for your encouraging comments. If you do try it (and I hope you will -- I'd like to see your story), keep an eye on your caches; I've noticed that one gets quite large when I change households frequently, so I delete it on a regular basis.

Natsuko

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 10:39:00 AM »
Thanks for that helpful hint :) I'm playing a test game right now, hopefully I'll post pictures soon!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 12:57:38 PM »
Great! I'll look forward to seeing your "strangers."

Offline Alieana4518

• Llama Wrangler
  • Isn't he a beauty? :)
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 10:33:25 PM »
I'll probably try this... But 15 households? Do move out the second generation once they're young adults?
One day everything will make sense... On the way there, love like you'll never get hurt. -Erica Kohn

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 07:22:56 AM »
I hadn't thought of that, but yes, if you have a couple of normal-looking 2nd generation young adults hanging around, you can kick them out after you've found a job for them. I'll add that to the rules. 15 households sounds like a lot, but that's only 5 descendants of each of the starting "aliens." You don't have to play all of them. Hope this helps.

Offline Alieana4518

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 02:08:01 PM »
Yeah, that does help! Thanks I'm going to start it right now. I'll try to post a story whenever I can. :)
One day everything will make sense... On the way there, love like you'll never get hurt. -Erica Kohn

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 02:56:43 PM »
Sounds good! I like your turtle.

Offline Alieana4518

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 01:28:05 PM »
Why thank-you! :) I'm gonna post the story sometime today.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 08:05:35 AM »
I wouldn't mind trying this but I just don't get how the scoring works.

This is what I understand.
You make three Sims one green,one blue and one red you place them in three separate houses and the idea is for them to produce children of the same colour as them.
You alternate between the households as much or as little as you like.
You can only control the different coloured Sims not ordinary Sims. Does this mean spouses are off limits to control.
After three generations you hope to have a blue,green or red toddler in each alien household.

This part I am not sure about are we supposed to have at least 15 alien families at this point.

As for the scoring I just don't get it at all.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 10:46:10 AM »
Rachel,

Thanks for bringing up the question. I looked at the rules and discovered I had left a sentence out.

Actually, I've changed the second part somewhat because my game crashed when I had only 5 households going. So forget about trying for 15 alien families. I'd say play the characters you find interesting and write about them.

You're right about the spouses. For the most part, you can't control them. You can have them get a job, and take care of emergencies like fires, burglars, and hungry infants and toddlers.

Scoring is based on the physical characteristics of the 2nd and 3rd generation "aliens" -- skin color, hair color and eye color. You subtract that number from the base number, which is the amount of time it took. You can also subtract a couple of points for total lifetime happiness. I put that in so the project wouldn't become another baby boomer challenge.

Hope this helps, and that you enjoy the game.

anything