Author Topic: Like Us: Google +1  (Read 4103 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Like Us: Google +1
« on: June 30, 2011, 01:16:48 PM »
I've enabled Google +1 across the forum and guide. If you want to do something nice for us, just click it! You'll need to have a Google account (Gmail, etc.) in order to use it. This will recommend the sites to Google users who are logged in when doing a search. You can find both +1 buttons near the search function on both sites.

Since it's convenient to click, +1 sections of the Guide you'd recommend while surfing there. I don't expect anyone to go out of their way. If you're on a page you find particularly helpful, give us a click.

For Facebook users, there is also a like button for both sites. The Google +1 system isn't as 'in your friends' face' as liking a link on Facebook. I'm not even sure anyone's notified I voted for it.

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
Re: Like Us: Google +1
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 02:08:36 PM »
"Execution Was Here +1'd this."

Is it cheating if we sign in as different users and "+5 this"?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 06:24:10 PM »
 :D Cool of you to think of it, but that's OK. I'm curious how many we'll end up with if most people vote even once. It's sure to help us out. If you wanted to do multiples you could hit some helpful sections like nectar making, gardening, cheats, etc. to show those are worthy of people's attention as well :)

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 06:32:34 PM »
"Hang on, I'll be right with you, just gimme like 20 minutes, I'm clicking on +1s all around the guide"
"But that's wrong! You should only click on pages you find useful!"
"They're all useful. Now, if you'll excuse me..."

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 06:40:35 PM »
Lol. That's the spirit, Naga. One here and there is helpful enough. I put them in a convenient spot so I imagine folks will just do it as they browse from time to time :) Hopefully this new feature from Google will be here for the long haul. Since we actually provide quality information, it can help us to stand out above the rest. This site is my first to use this, and I hope to get it going on Starcraft 2 if it works out here. I own the number 28 guide right now, and about 20 of the results ahead of me are all fakes or advertisements for Shokz Starcraft 2 Guide.

Some speculate that Google plans to move even further into the social networking field. I think that's pretty obvious. They have an interesting platform for doing so through their own search. Some of the folks we friend on social networks are likely to search for the same things we do. If I find something useful, I can flag it for my friends. It's a great concept. People can even rate ads now to help give products reputation.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 08:36:14 PM »
I really hope they do, I hate, hate, hate Facebook! And Google is so efficient...

Anyway, back on topic, I couldn't find it at first, I was looking at the wrong search haha. And yeah Carl, I am the person who PMed you when I first joined asking where the reply button is. Only me, I guess. ::)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 12:54:54 PM »
Well, I'm not shore how it's working, I click +1 on main page and when move over with mouse cursor I get notification that I add +1 and to click again to undo, so I went to challenge board, click +1 there too, return to main page and I could click +1 again there, and repeat as much as I want. So, hopefully this little exploit will work, because I'll probably click it very very often :D

EDIT: It stopped after I posted message, now I can only +1 once, as well as like it. And I checked my Facebook profile and it's there! Beside few forum members, none of my friends are Simmers, but some might get interested in..

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 01:28:24 PM »
I can see the Facebook like clickers but I don't see anything for Google.  Is there something I need to do to make it visible or am I looking in the wrong place?  

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 02:05:45 PM »
+1 is just above facebook. I'm going to move those somewhere else soon to fix a layout problem. They're not lining up right either and that drives me mad!!

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 02:12:14 PM »
Thank you, Carl.  I definitely want to do what I can to support the site as it is not only a great resource for every Simmer but also a fantastic community.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 02:58:17 PM »
Just clicked +1 on all the pages in the guide that I visited in the past two days. This is the best forum I've ever come across on any topic.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 03:00:39 PM »
I have had an account with google for a while, so all I have to do is click the +1, so I have been clicking away.  Thanks Carl, that is a pretty neat little idea, sort of gives you a heads up on how many people like what they read. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 03:36:44 PM »
Just liked every single page on the guide, I'll like the forum pages tommorow or Sunday. Now I'm going to buy a new mouse, mine's got a hole in from so much clicking. I never realilsed how many pages there are on the guide. Wow! :D

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2011, 03:47:23 PM »
Wow, that's quite an effort. I thank you! We have about 250 pages these days.  I was just logging in to say that we got about 59 total +1s yesterday, which is awesome! I have no idea about facebook stuff, but I'm sure Pam will be seeing a few more followers here and there thanks to this system. Thanks for your support to everyone who's participating. I hope to keep this thing running into the future. I can't wait to see how many we pick up over a year ;)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2011, 04:54:25 PM »
Since I'm not familiar with Google and the +1 stuff, I am just clicking my usual Facebook "like" each time I spot the blue button. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

anything