Author Topic: Spending the Night in Jail  (Read 62243 times)

Offline DLSpurlock

• Llama Wrangler
Spending the Night in Jail
« on: February 02, 2010, 01:32:52 PM »
Okay, I finally decided to run a sim down the criminal track. The night she would have been promoted to Master Thief, that idiot Hank Goddard arrested her as she entered the warehouse. Not only didn't she get promoted, but the game counted it as a missing work, so she now has TWO more nights to get to the top.

Just when I thought I had seen everything the game could throw at me....

So does anyone know of a way to avoid being arrested? traits, LTW, anything?

Dave

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Spending the Night in Jail
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 01:44:33 PM »
So does anyone know of a way to avoid being arrested? traits, LTW, anything?

Dave, I'm pretty sure that criminals getting arrested at work is just one of those random things along the lines of being electrocuted by an object. I don't know if something like the Lucky trait would reduce the chance of an arrest happening. I would think there would be nothing you could do to completely eliminate the chance.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 06:39:29 PM »
I agree with Metro.  I don't know of anything that would keep your Sim from being arrested while at work.  The funny thing about that to me, though, is when the police search your Sim and take something away so the other inmates won't be jealous.  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 08:36:36 PM »
Lucky trait might help I guess. Do what my Empress of Evil sim did and torture the arresting cop once you are free from prison, helps you relieve some of those frustrations at least. :D

Offline Tealeaf

• Townie
    • Annie Takes Off
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 05:10:26 AM »
Serves 'em right for not letting the poor little crimmy sims sleep!
I'm Tealeaf, and I approve of this message.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 01:46:34 PM »
That happened to me too once! Ah it's horrible, I could see my enormous mansion from the jail and couldn't stop laughing!!! :D
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

bshag

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 07:41:14 PM »
I think it was when she was level 6 or 7 in criminal career that my little sim was arrested like 3-4 nights in a row.  I was almost to the point of changing her career and then the arrests stopped.  Now that she is a master thief I'm glad I let her stay in the criminal career...I love all those "trinkets" she gets during her shift at work. ;D  It also helps that she's a klepto. ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tealeaf

• Townie
    • Annie Takes Off
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 03:12:20 AM »
I had a frustrating one last night.  My sim was at the top of the promotion progression bar, and just about to get off of his shift.  Then he got got popped, thrown in jail, lost job progression because he was missing work, and lost out on getting bumped to the next job level.  Noooo!
I'm Tealeaf, and I approve of this message.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 03:16:47 AM »
I had a frustrating one last night.  My sim was at the top of the promotion progression bar, and just about to get off of his shift.  Then he got got popped, thrown in jail, lost job progression because he was missing work, and lost out on getting bumped to the next job level.  Noooo!

See?  Crime doesn't pay.  Lol!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 06:23:31 AM »
Now he has to wait for his private island; I fear, he may be doomed to only semi-luxury. :'( (A non-literal reference to South Park for people who don't get it :D)LOL
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

sherlockholmes

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 02:03:23 PM »
Hey guys I have a criminal theif sim (master theif) and he's only been in jail one or two times. He has the lucky trait, and I think that def helps.

Also, I saw a pretty cool glitch. This one time I did get caught and I was on the way to jail. As I got off, my phone rang, and when my guy picked it up he canceled the "go to jail" action, which was like a get out of jail free card. I was pretty stoked after that.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 02:13:54 PM »
Also, I saw a pretty cool glitch. this one time i did get caught and i was on the way 2 jail. as I got off my fone rang, and when my guy picked it up he canceled the "go to jail" action, which was like a get out of jail free card. I was pretty stoked after that.
"Oh, sorry mr Policeman, I just really have take this" *steps out of car and runs like the wind* ;D

Private Bob4

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 10:01:29 PM »
Hey, on my criminal Fat Tony, he made friends with Hank, and last time I checked, he was only a traffic cop, though he was only at the fourth or fifth level in the criminal career. So far, I've never been arrested, yet I get invited into peoples houses and steal their things. Maybe making friends with the people in law enforcement stops them?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 12:42:37 AM »
Hello PrivateBob and welcome!

I don't know about criminals making friends with law enforcement, but I had a family once that kept getting burgularized by the same guy.  Robbie Bland, I think.  After the first time, my Sim invited Robbie over and then was mean to him and had a fight.  He came back at least twice after that.  Then one time, I had my Sim release him instead of letting him go to jail.  He never came back to rob my Sims again!  Lol.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 02:28:33 AM »
One of my criminals went to jail three times in a row. What a streak of bad luck that was and her job performance took a huge hit of course.

That could possible be the most profitable career path though. You can bring home loads of expensive art work doing side jobs. My sim got two of those Puck's paintings and a huge statue one night at work plus 900 extra in simoleons and of course her paycheck on top of it all.