Author Topic: Sims Medieval Updates lock me out of game entirely  (Read 1730 times)

Kayenne

Sims Medieval Updates lock me out of game entirely
« on: July 13, 2011, 06:18:21 PM »
Hi has anyone had this trouble? Every single time, except the very first update when I first downloaded the game, has caused me to be locked out of the game entirely. I contacted EA Games via their live help link; the upshot was that they reckon my graphics card can't handle the game...however after I have completely eliminated the whole game off my hard drive, and re-install, I can play it quite well (just a little slow loading changes of venue) right up until I download their darned updates.

I've now had to restart the whole thing FIVE times, completely from scratch. Feels like Groundhog Day nightmare over and over.
I cannot seem to get it through their heads that its something contained in their updates which completely locks me out of the game; I gave them the exact wording of the message which comes up; can't recall it now but something like "you don't have permission to access this" or similar. I cannot even load the start screen, let alone the actual game.
Everything looks to be there, all the files, but all I get is a message telling me my access is blocked.

There's nothing wrong with my graphics capabilities (its not the greatest, but works), if there was I wouldn't be able to get several levels into the overall game as I have now, just using the original downloaded game. Its a bit frustrating because various quests get glitchy, certain items like salt and garlic aren't available in the shop and so on, but much preferable than having to completely delete all traces of this EA Game off my hard drive, using a "bleacher" and then taking ages to reload it (and keeping fingers crossed that it will let me play it again! I never know!)

So I cannot download the updates which fix a lot of their inbuilt issues, and I can't seem to overcome their conviction that its all my computer's fault, and not their programming...
Has anyone else had this kind of problem?

bjnicol

Re: Sims Medieval Updates lock me out of game entirely
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 11:59:53 AM »
I have this problem now. I did not used to.

I used to play all the time, then set the game aside when I got bored with it and have been playing The Sims 3. Today I felt like playing this again and it would not load at all.

So I uninstalled and then reinstalled the game. It told me the game was incompatible with something and I needed to update, so I downloaded and installed the patch. It still would not load.

So I got on a chat with EA and tried several different things they suggested, to no avail. They could not figure out how to help me and wanted to kick me up to the next level of tech support. I was told it would take 47 minutes in the que so I waited and waited but never got that level of help.

At that point I decided to try the game out on my laptop, which I had never done. But it installed of and then ASKED me if I would like to update, which I declined to do. So far, it is running fine, if a little slow, on my laptop which runs Windows 7, just like my desktop.

I don't know why it will not run on my desktop, but when I am done playing on the laptop, I am going to uninstall and reinstall again and try to get by without updating ... if I am given the option, instead of being told that I was required to update.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything