Author Topic: The romantic Grim Reaper  (Read 52374 times)

Leto85

The romantic Grim Reaper
« on: July 13, 2011, 06:23:55 PM »
I'm trying my sim to get romantically involved with the Grim Reaper. She had made it to the point that she could woohoo with him (yes, it's a man), but she can't make babies with him. Is there a trick to get a boany nooboo? I really would like to try that out.

CarlosLordofTacos

Re: The romantic Grim Reaper
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 06:26:54 PM »
That`s impossible. It was possible in the base game before a certain patch but it is no longer doable.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 06:31:33 PM »
That`s impossible. It was possible in the base game before a certain patch but it is no longer doable.

And adding to the household?

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 06:36:56 PM »
Unsure, but I think that you can.

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 06:41:01 PM »
I don't think you can, since that patch. My game glitched, as did the ones of everyone I know.  :-\
'They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra just for you' - Larkin

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 08:53:19 PM »
Turn on testingcheatsenabled true and try shift-clicking Grim. I think one option is "Add to Active Household".

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 02:28:33 AM »
You can't. There's the option to age up and all the other usual ones besides the Cas cheat, but the add to active household wasn't there. :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 02:59:38 AM »
I believe you can download Grim from the Exchange and plop him into your household, but beware of possible CC. However, you can always remove that through the launcher.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Leto85

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 04:25:06 AM »
I believe you can download Grim from the Exchange and plop him into your household, but beware of possible CC. However, you can always remove that through the launcher.

I've searched but couldn't find it. I also tried by placing an old savefile back in place but I asume the game simply removes that family automatically.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 12:39:34 PM »
Adding the Grim Reaper (the one in your game, not the one that was on the exchange) caused a serious bug where sims would die, but nobody would come to collect them. 

As it turns out, "Grim Reaper" is technically an NPC career, much like being a maid, a tattoo artist or a consignment store clerk (if you ask Grim what he does for a living under friendly interactions, it says he is a Grim Reaper).  Once you bring him into the household, he quits his job and become unemployed, just like any other NPC.  The problem is that when the Grim Reaper quit his job, nobody replaced him.  So when sims died, their ghosts would just hang around by their gravestones and do nothing while they waited endlessly for someone to come.

I believe the reason that you can no longer try for a baby with Grim is because he has no default skin tone.  His children often end up with jet black skin, because they don't have a default skin tone, either.  I have heard of this causing graphics issues in the game, and even file corruption.  There used to be numerous copies of Grim in the Exchange, but as far as I know, they were all removed.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Leto85

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2011, 06:08:34 AM »
Here is an interesting topic for you Leto.

Wow, heavy stuff. Now I know I won't mess with death anymore.

anything