Author Topic: Issues with foreign genetic codes  (Read 3824 times)

Leto85

Issues with foreign genetic codes
« on: July 14, 2011, 03:35:21 PM »
I was testing and trying to add all foreign hidden traits into one sim but still came across one thing: it seems that only two hidden traits can be passed on in one sim, and only one generation.
I will give an example of my family tree.

1Gen: Gustave (French)----married----Sun Young Kim (China)
         knows 2 songs                        knows 2 songs
         French greet                           eat with chopsticks

Gustave and Sun Young Kim get one child: Gustason. Gustason married Layla, from Egypt. They get one son: Lagusta.

2Gen: Gustason (French/China)-----------married-------Layla (Egypt) ----- (sister of Mena and Aisha Lufti, living in Egypt)
         knows 4 songs, French and China                       knows 2 songs
         French greet and eat with Chopsticks

3Gen: Lagusta (French/China/Egypt)
         knows 2 songs, Egypt
         doesn't eat with chopsticks

After Sun Young Kim died, Gustave get remarried with Gustaly Kim, the turned-into-a-woman-cloned version of Gustave. They get one child, Gustoilla. Gustoilla is the halfsister of Lagusta.

2Gen: Gustason (French/China/Egypt)-----------married-------Gustaly Kim (China)
         knows 4 songs, French and China                               knows 2 songs, French
         French Greet and Eat with Chopsticks                         Eat with Chopsticks

3Gen: Gustoilla (China)
         knows 2 songs, French
         doesn't eat with chopsticks

Lagusta get with Maya Wang, from China a twin: Mayonto and Mayenta Wang.

3Gen: Lagusta (French/China/Egypt)-----------married-------Maya (China, wife of Deng, still living in China)
         knows 2 songs, Egypt                                               knows 2 songs, China
         doesn't eat with chopsticks                                       eat with chopsticks

4Gen: Mayonta (French/China/Egypt)-----------sister-------Mayenta (French/China/Egypt)
         knows 2 songs, China                                            knows 4 songs, Egypt and China
         eat with chopsticks                                               eat with chopsticks

I really don't understand now how it comes that this sim does have this and that song and eat or don't eat with chopsticks. Is there someone who does understand this?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Issues with foreign genetic codes
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 05:43:45 PM »
It's just like that in real life, isn't it: the parents may both eat with chopsticks, but one of their kids refuses to use them or doesn't know how to. ;)

I think those "culture" hidden traits are just little tweaks EA inserted in the local Sims so they would suit their homeland. I don't think it's possible to get them all in one Sim (nearly the chances of having a vampire/mummy/SimBot/imaginary friend), I'm afraid. I do wish you luck in this mission, though. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 09:24:24 PM »
It seems like it's just a 50/50 trait, and it's not divided up as the generations continue. What I mean is that, if you have a Chinese marry non-foreign, there's a 50/50 chance that the offspring will eat with chopsticks and there's a separate 50/50 chance that the offspring will know the songs. But the percentage doesn't change through the generations. Like, if this offspring marries another non-foreign sim, their offspring will also have a 50/50 chance to get the traits, not 25/75. I don't know if that's true, but that's what it appears to be. I'm sure more testing would be needed to see if I'm correct. Also, I'm not sure if this is the clearest of explanations. If you would like, I can try to make a diagram if you want me to explain my theory further, though.

Leto85

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 06:10:24 AM »
If you would like, I can try to make a diagram if you want me to explain my theory further, though.

If you really are willing to do that than please do. Because I think you are right in your theory.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 02:09:55 PM »
Okay, so my theory is that if there is any history of a foreign trait in your sim's family tree, the sim has a 50/50 chance to get it. This chance does not further divide as the generation continues, as real genetics do.

Gen #1: Non-foreign---------------Chinese (two songs, uses chopsticks)
    -Any child that this family produces will have a 50/50 chance to know both Chinese songs.
    -Any child that this family produces will have a 50/50 chance to know how to use chopsticks,

Gen #2: Boy (two songs, no chopsticks); Girl (no songs, uses chopsticks)
    -Since there is a history of Chinese, either of these children's offspring will also have a 50/50 chance to know both Chinese songs.
    -Since there is a history of Chinese, either of these children's offspring will also have a 50/50 chance to know how to use chopsticks.

Ex. 1: Boy (two songs, no chopsticks)--------------French (two songs, French greet)
    -Even though the Boy doesn't know how to use chopsticks, there is still a 50/50 chance his offspring will know how to use chopsticks, because it's in his history.
    -The Boy knows two Chinese songs, so there is a 50/50 chance his offspring will know them, too.
    -Any child that this family produces will have a 50/50 chance to know two French songs.
    -Any child that this family produces will have a 50/50 chance to know the French greet.

Ex. 2: Girl (no songs, uses chopsticks)-------------Egypt (two songs)
    -The Girl knows how to use chopsticks, so there is a 50/50 chance her offspring will know how, too.
    -Even though the Girl doesn't know the songs, there is still a 50/50 chance her offspring will know how to use chopsticks, because it's in her history.
    -Any child that this family produces will have a 50/50 chance to know two Egyptian songs.

Gen #3, Ex. 1: French Boy1 (two Chinese songs, uses chopsticks, no French songs, French greet)
                    French Boy2 (two Chinese songs, uses chopsticks, no French songs, no French greet)
                    French Boy3 (two Chinese songs, uses chopsticks, two French songs, no French greet)
                    French Boy4 (two Chinese songs, uses chopsticks, two French songs, French greet)
                    French Boy5 (two Chinese songs, no chopsticks, no French songs, French greet)
                    French Boy6 (two Chinese songs, no chopsticks, no French songs, no French greet)
                    French boy7 (two Chinese songs, no chopsticks, two French songs, no French greet)
                    French Boy8 (two Chinese songs, no chopsticks, two French songs, French greet)
                    French Boy9 (no Chinese songs, uses chopsticks, no French songs, French greet)
                    French Boy10 (no Chinese songs, uses chopsticks, no French songs, no French greet)
                    French Boy11 (no Chinese songs, uses chopsticks, two French songs, no French greet)
                    French Boy12 (no Chinese songs, uses chopsticks, two French songs, French greet)
                    French Boy13 (no Chinese songs, no chopsticks, no French songs, French greet)
                    French Boy14 (no Chinese songs, no chopsticks, no French songs, no French greet)
                    French boy15 (no Chinese songs, no chopsticks, two French songs, no French greet)
                    French Boy16 (no Chinese songs, no chopsticks, two French songs, French greet)

cousins                        

Gen #3, Ex. 2: Egyptian Girl1 (two Chinese songs, uses chopsticks, two Egyptian songs)
                    Egyptian Girl2 (two Chinese songs, uses chopsticks, no Egyptian songs)
                    Egyptian Girl3 (two Chinese songs, no chopsticks, two Egyptian songs)
                    Egyptian Girl4 (two Chinese songs, no chopsticks, no Egyptian songs)
                    Egyptian Girl5 (no Chinese songs, uses chopsticks, two Egyptian songs)
                    Egyptian Girl6 (no Chinese songs, uses chopsticks, no Egyptian songs)
                    Egyptian Girl7 (no Chinese songs, no chopsticks, two Egyptian songs)
                    Egyptian Girl8 (no Chinese songs, no chopsticks, no Egyptian songs)

So, I know that was really long, but I think there is a possibility to get all traits in one sim. And it wouldn't quite be as hard as originally imagined. You would only need one sim with a history of two foreigners and have that sim marry the remaining foreigner (ex. French + Chinese = Girl; Girl + Egyptian). It would take a lot of tries, but it might be neat to accomplish. Not for me, though. This diagram is as far as I want to go in trying that, lol.

Leto85

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 04:36:22 PM »
I've read your post slowly to understand what you mean. So what you are saying is that I am on the good way in how I've done it so far?
I am about to breed Mayenta with another sim of mine who has already all basic hidden traits except for Immune To Fire and Can Apprehend Burglars. Two of his ancestors where Chinese so he also has a change in his child eating with chopsticks? That's 50% right?
As his mother already eat with chopsticks this will not change it to 100% I'm afraid?

I however don't understand your Gen #3, Ex. 1: and Gen #3, Ex. 2: examples. Ex stands for Example I asume?

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 04:55:51 PM »
I just labeled them Ex. 1 (example 1) for the boy and Ex. 2 for the girl, and they are both generation 3. I was just trying to space it out so all of this wouldn't look too jumbled.

And about the 100% chopsticks, it might work. I imagine if you breed two native Chinese, their child is guaranteed to eat with chopsticks. Since Mayenta has the eating with chopsticks trait, and your other sim seems to have the hidden trait for it since his ancestors were Chinese. I don't have a theory for stacked traits like that, but if it's set up as simplistically (by simplistic, I mean always 50/50) as the rest of it, I imagine that it's still always 50/50. Like, if Mayenta had a child with someone else, that offspring would have 50/50 for using chopsticks; and, if your hidden trait sim bred with a different sim, that offspring would also have a 50/50 chance. But, if Mayenta and this sim had a child, I think it would still be a 50/50 chance, simply because I don't think the programers would go so in depth on the percentages.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Frey

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 05:36:28 PM »
This might be a very basic question but... how do you make a french sim marry a chinese or egyptian?  ???

Leto85

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 05:38:23 PM »
This might be a very basic question but... how do you make a french sim marry a chinese or egyptian?  ???

I've send someone on vacation, add that person to the family, go to another country, add another person to the family, get back home and place those two sims in their new home and worked on their relationship. Than they could start breeding.

Frey

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 05:45:59 PM »
That's using the Add to family option with testingcheats, right? For a moment I thought you could do that without cheating. It sound really fun! an egyptian-chinese kid would look great I guess!

Leto85

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 05:56:53 PM »
That's using the Add to family option with testingcheats, right? For a moment I thought you could do that without cheating. It sound really fun! an egyptian-chinese kid would look great I guess!

Like in my opinion in real life the kids can be very beautiful. African skin, French accent, Chinese eyes. That's one must-have-girl for me.
Good luck with this. I did it myself and it's a pretty interesting thing to test.

anything