Author Topic: Can special effects be used when posting via cell phones?  (Read 1868 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Can special effects be used when posting via cell phones?
« on: July 15, 2011, 05:38:54 PM »
Is it possible to use the italicized, bold,, underline or strikethrough effects when posting a reply to a topic from a cell phone (mobile phone for you, my fellow Europeans), using the "mobile" version of the site? I've never tried it (because if it doesn't work, I'd rather avoid being embarrassed, lol) personally, but it sure would be cool if putting an [ i] (without the space) before and an [ /i] (without the space) after the word would make it look italicized. So is this possible?
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Sportsfan

Re: Can special effects be used when posting via cell phones?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 06:00:27 PM »
I'm on a mobile device (an iPod touch) right now and you tell me if it works. Is this bold? is this in italics? if the answers to those are yes, than the answer to your question is yes.
I don't know what the mobile version of the site is but I'm on the full version on a mobile device.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 06:08:56 PM »
I`m using mobile right now, I`ve been stuck without proper internet for days. I don`t see any brackets when I make a post with any special effects in it, so I`ve been assuming it works. Did you see my italics back there?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 06:09:02 PM »
Well, I'm on the mobile version of the site currently so we'll have to wait and see. Someone? Help?
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Lenka

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 07:24:23 PM »
Did you see my italics back there?
Yes I see your italics ;)

Tell me please if you find any mistake in my post. English is not my mother language. It's "only" the third one in frequency of utilisation. I'm "half-French".

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 04:00:20 AM »
Yes! It is working, Sportsfan and Carlos! Thanks for testing this, guys. Now I'll be sure to add a bit of italics here and there. ;)

Sportsfan

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 05:55:47 PM »
Yes! It is working, Sportsfan and Carlos! Thanks for testing this, guys. Now I'll be sure to add a bit of italics here and there. ;)
You're welcome. I'm pretty much always on a mobile when I'm on the forum, it's more convenient for me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything