Author Topic: Can't travel all of a sudden...  (Read 3844 times)

Offline Allie0563

• Llama Wrangler
Can't travel all of a sudden...
« on: July 28, 2011, 08:29:15 AM »
I tried to take my new Sim couple on a honeymoon, and when I got to France they didn't show up.  No avatars on the left, no money, no needs bars, nothing.  This happened after I downloaded the newest patch the other day.  It has happened twice now, once in France, once in Egypt.  Anybody else having a problem?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Can't travel all of a sudden...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 08:49:00 AM »
If you have the latest patch (1.24) installed, this is a very common bug that struck most players out there. Currently no real solution for this, unless you reinstall and patch up only up to the Generations patch (1.22). Sorry. :-\
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Allie0563

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 09:57:57 AM »
How frustrating.  What's the point of patches of they are going to mess up the game?

Frey

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 12:23:22 AM »
I had this same bug with only 1.22 installed. I don't think it's a patch issue, I did some research on other forums and there's people having the same bug since 2009. Anyways... most people, including me, have been able to fix it by changing towns. You will lose your sims' relationships but that's better than not being able to travel or losing the whole family.

Another option that some people have suggested is to delete the .nhd files from your saves folder. Apparently you need to make a copy of your save file, and in the copy remove the .nhd files that are related to the travel destination you are having trouble with. There's also an .nhd file with the name of your home town (Sunset Valley, Riverview etc.), so be careful not to delete that one as well. Then you put that copy folder in the saves folder and replace the original one (obviously after making a backup of it) and see if it works. This only works if you have already saved in that location, and will reset the tombs you have already explored etc. I won't post a link here to the site where I found it because it's mod-related, but people are mentioning it in the official forums as well and it has worked for some.

Here's a link to a topic in the official forum where I found a lot of help: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/149027.page. On page 3 there's a third option that includes changing active households in the foreign location... it didn't work for me either but some people say it did for them, so maybe you should give it a try.

Good luck!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 02:20:32 AM »
How frustrating.  What's the point of patches of they are going to mess up the game?

It's not necessarily caused by the patch.  This bug has been plaguing players for months.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 05:27:20 AM »
It's not necessarily caused by the patch.  This bug has been plaguing players for months.

Even though, it got more common with the TLS patch.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

anything