Author Topic: Building a Dynasty House  (Read 8669 times)

VampirePlasma

Building a Dynasty House
« on: July 28, 2011, 04:36:51 PM »
So this is like my 5th attempt for a Dynasty, and so for it's good I got Anges to move in and am using her money wisely. I've been starting at the computer screen for 30 minutes because I have no idea how to build a dyasty home, how big or how it should look. Anyone want's to share their inspiration? Any tips would be appreaciatte it. I am desperate  :-\

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Building a Dynasty House.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 04:42:18 PM »
I believe starting with a small cottage that will eventually evolve into a mansion is the best option. If you have roommates other than Agnes or are going to (and don't plan to expand until a third generation is born or so) have, I suggest making "extra" rooms whilst keeping the initial shape of the build. Try not to spend all the money, and invest wisely. ;)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 04:49:08 PM »
That should work and I still need to keep space for the garden and the museum.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 04:51:02 PM »
That should work and I still need to keep space for the garden and the museum.

Don't worry about space. As experience has proved, a 60x60 lot is more than enough to satisfy all the needs. But not the darn 40x30 one in Bridgeport...
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

VampirePlasma

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 04:52:33 PM »
I tried the 40x30 in Brigdeport, ya that wasn't working.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 04:54:07 PM »
I tried the 40x30 in Brigdeport, ya that wasn't working.

But remember that you have Matthew Hamming and Lola Belle there. ;) Of course you also have Thornton Wolff and Agnes Crumplebottom in SV, but who can resist the urge of catching that blue-eyed and thin-mouthed fella called Chris...

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 05:02:43 PM »
But not the darn 40x30 one in Bridgeport...
I think there is an empty lot a little bigger, not sure how big exactly
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 05:04:47 PM »
Anges and her beautiful car...  ;D
is there any fireplace that's fireproof? I could get the fireproof homstead thing, but I just want to know.

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 05:12:14 PM »
about your last question I can't help, but for the general Idea here is somthing that Katluvr told me *it's a secret* *wisper*
  - bathroom:   small - 3x3    large - 5x5
       - powder room:   3x2
       - bedroom:  small - 6x6   large (includes sitting area for adults or play area for children) - 10x10
       - dining room:  6x8
       - kitchen:  small - 4x4   large (eat in) - 8x8
       - living room/study:  8x8 to 10x10
       - laundry room:  4x4
       - gym:  6x8 (can go bigger if you are placing more than 1 of each machine)
       - studio:  10x10 (bigger if you have more than 1 of each item - e.g., easel, inventing bench,
                     sculpting station, chemistry set)
       - nectar cellar:  10x10 minimum (bigger if you have multiple nectar machines, also, I like to add a
                              nectar bar/lounge area, so my nectar cellars can get quite big)
it really helped me figure out some basics when building
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Natsuko

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 05:27:28 PM »
Start off with a cottage or small home, also, get your museum ready.
Make sure that you still have alot of money left to decorate.

Make enough rooms to prepare you for another generation. Also, make sure you have skill items, ect.

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 05:37:31 PM »
Also I think carl's guide on building is quite good you should check it

VampirePlasma

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 05:40:51 PM »
about your last question I can't help, but for the general Idea here is somthing that Katluvr told me *it's a secret* *wisper*
  - bathroom:   small - 3x3    large - 5x5
       - powder room:   3x2
       - bedroom:  small - 6x6   large (includes sitting area for adults or play area for children) - 10x10
       - dining room:  6x8
       - kitchen:  small - 4x4   large (eat in) - 8x8
       - living room/study:  8x8 to 10x10
       - laundry room:  4x4
       - gym:  6x8 (can go bigger if you are placing more than 1 of each machine)
       - studio:  10x10 (bigger if you have more than 1 of each item - e.g., easel, inventing bench,
                     sculpting station, chemistry set)
       - nectar cellar:  10x10 minimum (bigger if you have multiple nectar machines, also, I like to add a
                              nectar bar/lounge area, so my nectar cellars can get quite big)
it really helped me figure out some basics when building
Start off with a cottage or small home, also, get your museum ready.
Make sure that you still have alot of money left to decorate.

Make enough rooms to prepare you for another generation. Also, make sure you have skill items, ect.
Very Helpful! Thanks!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 06:08:51 PM »
Room by room, that is how I first started off, then I wiped clean and built a mansion. My usual style.  :) This Chapter from my Dynasty shows you how I spent Agne's  Money, the first three pictures are the same room. I couldn't find any overhead pictures.

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

VampirePlasma

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 11:27:31 PM »
I just finished building! You could say I was all afternoon on 3 rooms. By the way, I skipped to the last page of your Dynasty. Samoth, the mansion is great. I don't have words to describe how beautiful that house looks! I am stunned. You have special building skills!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 03:50:21 AM »
Thanks Vampire!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

anything