Author Topic: Moving out of town, how to get them back?  (Read 25054 times)

jolanxyz

Moving out of town, how to get them back?
« on: July 30, 2011, 11:32:09 AM »
First of all; what a great site and forum! I've downloaded the Sunset Valley 3.1 and it works very well in the Dutch game. While I was playing, my sim did meet the Bachelor family. A few simdays later, my sim read in the paper that they moved out. I can't find them anywhere and my sim can't call them either. Is there a way that they can move back in town?

Legacy11

Re: Moving out of town, how to get them back?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 12:33:36 PM »
Hi! The only thing I could think of is to go back to a save you made before they moved out and try to prevent it. I assume you wanted to keep them in town to maybe marry one of the children.. I haven't really had this happen to me, so maybe someone else would have a better explanation of what to do.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 11:54:57 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, jolanxyz.

This is pretty common in the game.  If your Sim reads the newspaper regularly, you'll find this happening periodically.  There's no way to bring them back to town through regular game play.  Even if you go back to a previous save, you'd have to act quickly with whatever you hope to do with that family because they will probably leave town again.  Some things like that are just programmed into that particular game file and will happen unless you take major steps to move the family into your house or something similar.

I once had a multi-generation family where I moved the adult children out after getting them married and pregnant.  One of them lived right next door and moved out of town!  Because they were family, I could still invite the adult child over to visit.  I did some maneuvering...  invited the adult child to move in, then had him invite his family over and moved them in.  Next, I moved them back out again into the same house next door.  However, the difference here is that they were family and showed up on my relationship panel.  Without that, you're just stuck without that family in town.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline little_a

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 09:09:45 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, jolanxyz.

This is pretty common in the game.  If your Sim reads the newspaper regularly, you'll find this happening periodically.  There's no way to bring them back to town through regular game play.  Even if you go back to a previous save, you'd have to act quickly with whatever you hope to do with that family because they will probably leave town again.  Some things like that are just programmed into that particular game file and will happen unless you take major steps to move the family into your house or something similar.

I once had a multi-generation family where I moved the adult children out after getting them married and pregnant.  One of them lived right next door and moved out of town!  Because they were family, I could still invite the adult child over to visit.  I did some maneuvering...  invited the adult child to move in, then had him invite his family over and moved them in.  Next, I moved them back out again into the same house next door.  However, the difference here is that they were family and showed up on my relationship panel.  Without that, you're just stuck without that family in town.

Hi Pam, your post gave me hope that I might be able to get some one from my family back to town!!
But where exactly did you click to invite them over? I can see them on my "family tree panel" under "simology", but I can't invite them.
Is that where you went? Or some where else?? Please please help!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 12:05:49 AM »
Hi Pam, your post gave me hope that I might be able to get some one from my family back to town!!
But where exactly did you click to invite them over? I can see them on my "family tree panel" under "simology", but I can't invite them.
Is that where you went? Or some where else?? Please please help!

Welcome to our Forum, little_a.

I went to the Relationships tab and clicked on the picture of the Sim I wanted.  It has options like Chat, Invite Out, Invite Over, etc.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline little_a

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 06:58:21 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, little_a.

I went to the Relationships tab and clicked on the picture of the Sim I wanted.  It has options like Chat, Invite Out, Invite Over, etc.

Thanks Pam!
But they are not in my relationships???.... i can only see them in my family tree, it shows they are still a live...

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 09:56:41 AM »
I have done this with members of my family that moved out.  Not invited them to move back in, but the invite over.  I knew where they lived so I sent a family member, dad in this case.    She had had a good relationship with him, and did the chat and then he invited her over to visit.  She came over and visited the family then went back to her home.

I think from that you could have a relationship show up, if you can't find them in your relationship panel. 

Not sure if that is any help, but that is how I have kept tabs on the kids I moved out.  Mom, Dad or another sibling that was still at home would go for a visit to say, "Hi, missing you, how are things?"   ;D

hope that helps.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline little_a

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 12:14:44 PM »
I have done this with members of my family that moved out.  Not invited them to move back in, but the invite over.  I knew where they lived so I sent a family member, dad in this case.    She had had a good relationship with him, and did the chat and then he invited her over to visit.  She came over and visited the family then went back to her home.

I think from that you could have a relationship show up, if you can't find them in your relationship panel. 

Not sure if that is any help, but that is how I have kept tabs on the kids I moved out.  Mom, Dad or another sibling that was still at home would go for a visit to say, "Hi, missing you, how are things?"   ;D

hope that helps.

no.. it doesnt, but thanks... mine is not in any house anymore.... but still alive....

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 03:57:07 PM »
If they aren't in your relationships tab, then you won't be able to get them back into town.  It sounds like you have a glitch in your game rather than normal story progression that simply moved them out of town.  I'm sorry, but I don't have any suggestions for this.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 04:15:56 PM »
If the EA story progression has moved them out of town, they are gone. You can't interact with them because they don't exist any longer. They will still show in the relationship panel and they will never age. I did a six generation Fuglacy and some of the second gen YA's were still showing in the fifth gen relationship panels.
The only way to retrieve your sims is to go to an earlier save with them still in the game.  :)

Offline Nicki

• Nooboo
i Moved my sim out, and can't find her in the relationships stat. or in town??
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 03:11:47 AM »
Hello, I've been searching for answers for awhile now. I wanted my main sim to have a big family, but I wanted the Aunt to stay in the house hold, so I moved out the oldest child.  I can't find her anywhere, she's not in my relationship stats and I even went from house to house looking for her. I play on Xbox 360 and I want her daughter back. So far I have a child, two toddlers, husband and aunt living with me. I just want the daughter to still be apart the family, with birthdays, house party's etc. Somebody please help me  :'(

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2013, 03:47:06 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, Nicki.

Because you play on Xbox, you should post your question on the Console Board.  You might have a better chance of getting good answers there.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Nicki

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2013, 03:56:17 AM »
Thanks for the tip

anything