Author Topic: Problem Using Gallery  (Read 3308 times)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Problem Using Gallery
« on: August 07, 2011, 09:22:25 PM »
Hey, so I'm not sure if I'm using this right... but I made a folder and when I click upload it tells me "Sorry there is no album you are allowed to upload files to." Then it will take me back to the album manager, where my folder has disappeared. However, when I go to My Profile-->Modify My Albums the folders I created are in the drop-down menu, and I can select and write a description and everything. Maybe I'm just missing some crucial step? Any help would be appreciated!

Sportsfan

Problem Using Gallery
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 10:04:08 PM »
You have to first click on my profile, then create/something albums. Then you type in name, press continue. When your uploading press upload file (obviously, I hope) and then it should say what folder you want to put the files in. You click the thing that says select album and choose the one you just made. Then you click browse. Then you choose the files you want and click open (at least that's what it is on my computer). They should then have progress bars showing you their status in uploading. Hope this helps!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Problem Using Gallery
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 10:19:15 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Sportsfan. I followed your instructions though, and it's still not working! Here's a couple pictures.

I go to create/order my albums:

Then I click Upload File from that screen, and I get this:

Am I still missing something??

Sportsfan

Problem Using Gallery
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 10:40:34 PM »
When you go to create/ order albums you have to click new album which is on bottom right.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Problem Using Gallery
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 10:44:01 PM »
When you go to create/ order albums you have to click new album which is on bottom right.

I did this and I created a folder that I named "Sims Folder" which is in the first picture, beside the arrow icon.

Sportsfan

Problem Using Gallery
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 10:48:44 PM »
Are you selecting it when you're trying to upload the files?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Problem Using Gallery
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 10:51:55 PM »
This is what I do:

1.  Log in on the Gallery.  Click on User Galleries.

2.  Click on Files near the top right of the page and select Albums.

3.  Under Select Category, change it to My Gallery.

4.  Click the button New Album near the lower right of the page and type in the name of the album and click OK.

Now you're ready to upload images to your album.

1.  Click on Upload File near the top left.

2.  Under Select Album, choose the album you wish to use.

3.  Click Browse and find the images on your computer.  Select and click Open or double click.

4.  Click on Continue.

You have now uploaded images to your album.  If you still get the error message, log out and then log back in and try it again.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Problem Using Gallery
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 10:58:14 PM »
Are you selecting it when you're trying to upload the files?

Yes, and I still get the same message. Also, I just clicked create/order again, and the three original albums I created are there but the "Sims Folder" I created for this example isn't? This is so confusing. Let me back up a little. When I first logged in, I created three folders for my challenges and named them accordingly. However, I haven't posted them on the forum yet so I deleted them and made this generic folder.

So now that I went back to the create/order screen, those three folders are still there and Sims Folder is not. Not sure if my browser has anything to do with it, but I'm using up-to-date Firefox.

Okay--Pam just posted. I went to logout so I could start fresh, and then I got this: "A valid form token could not be found."

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Problem Using Gallery
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 11:29:58 PM »
Pam, it lets me log out if I click it twice, but I have to click it twice every time. I logged back in and here's the pictures:

I clicked User Galleries in red.

Then this page. I don't see Files anywhere, only these options:

I can click on My Profile and go to create/order my albums and I get this picture from my earlier post.
I go to create/order my albums:

However, now my original three folders are there and the Sim Folder from this picture has gone missing.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Problem Using Gallery
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 04:24:25 AM »

This is a hunch.
Below "Sims Folder", there are buttons. On the far right is "New Album". Try that.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 05:48:26 AM »
Are you on Google Chrome? I experienced similiar problems, I just temporarily used Internet Explorer and it worked fine.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 12:29:24 PM »
I've had the same problem with the gallery, and it's all Chrome's fault so Carlos is probably on to something there. I checked everything on the system end and it's OK. I had to reset your password to do some tests, so you find that in a PM from me. The only way I can force Chrome to work is to control+f5 before I log in, and sometimes I have to repeat that step and hope for the best.

You might not use Chrome. If so, what? Basically it boils down to a browser issue since it's working for the other folks using it. I've used Control + F5 on all browsers to some degree of success.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 01:13:09 PM »
Are you on Google Chrome? I experienced similiar problems, I just temporarily used Internet Explorer and it worked fine.

I'm actually using Firefox and I double checked that it's up to date.

I've had the same problem with the gallery, and it's all Chrome's fault so Carlos is probably on to something there. I checked everything on the system end and it's OK. I had to reset your password to do some tests, so you find that in a PM from me. The only way I can force Chrome to work is to control+f5 before I log in, and sometimes I have to repeat that step and hope for the best.

You might not use Chrome. If so, what? Basically it boils down to a browser issue since it's working for the other folks using it. I've used Control + F5 on all browsers to some degree of success.

Thanks a bunch, Carl. Control+F5 seems to be the only thing that works. I have to use it on pretty much every page, and I had to do it a couple times to make it show me the right folders.

Thanks so much for everyone's help! For a while I was wondering if I was just plain stupid, but I get it now! :)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 01:56:10 PM »
Well, everything was working. Now I'm trying to post pictures for a story, and I followed samoht04's instructions here. However, when I click preview on my post, only the link shows and not the actual picture.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 07:07:35 PM »
I had the exact same problem using firefox. Thanks for posting - now I just use IE to do my gallery.

anything