Author Topic: Ancient Secrets help -stuck on objective.  (Read 9734 times)

MythusRPG

Ancient Secrets help -stuck on objective.
« on: August 09, 2011, 02:31:49 PM »
I am playing the Ancient Secrets quest. My merchants needs two fish (I have about 11) and Fine Large bread. I have an oven but there is no recipe for that, there is one for Feast Bread.
I have made Feast bread as well and yet the objective will not advance and there is no option to give these things to the miner (which is part of the objective).
Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Ancient Secrets help -stuck on objective.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 02:42:36 PM »
I know I've done this successfully.  Of course, I don't remember the recipe but the Prima Guide gives the recipe for "Fine Loaf Large" as 3 Wheat, which sounds right to me.  I think if you try that and put it in your inventory with the fish, then you should be able to continue with your quest.  Try it and see, and let us know if it does or doesn't work for you.

And welcome to the forum, Mythus.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

MythusRPG

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 05:15:22 PM »
I have about 10 wheat in the inventory but the oven doesn't give me the option for fine bread just feast bread, flat bread, and barley bread.
I don't mean the option isn't lit up I mean it just isn't there in the list for the oven???

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 05:17:34 PM »
Are you saying that there are only three things you can make in the oven?  There should be way more than that.  I've never run into this problem and can only think it's a glitch of some sort.  Have you tried replacing the oven?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

MythusRPG

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 05:23:05 PM »
No, I can make many things in the oven but Fine Bread, Large is not one of them. I made barley bread and Festival bread but that showed no progress toward the objective.
I have not tried replacing the oven. will attempt right now.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 05:38:20 PM »
You got me curious so I just went into my game to see what I could see.  In the menu that comes up when you click on the oven (I used the oven in the Reception Hall, not that it should make any difference), Fine Loaf - Large is shown right after Feast Bread - Large (both recipes are near the end of the list), and the recipe for the Fine Loaf is as shown in the Prima Guide - 3 wheat.  I have no idea why it wouldn't be showing up for you.

MythusRPG

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 06:11:11 PM »
I did try replacing the oven and that didn't help. I also went to the reception hall to try that oven and the same problem, it just is not there.
I also made sure the game was updated in case it was a patch issue or something but the game is up to date.
Oh, well I guess I will just try another quest. :( 
If anyone else has this problem please post as I would be glad to replay it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 01:02:45 PM »
I'm also stuck on this.
I've searched for an answer, but I can't seem to find the answer I need.
My situation is the same as yours, I have 24 wheat and 2 trout in my inventory, but the option to make the bread won't appear when I click on the oven I installed.
People say that the recipe is available through some bonus with trade another country, but I don't fully understand this either.

Welcome to the forum, hirotatsu.  The fine loaf recipe definitely isn't from trading with another territory.  It should be available for any Sim, in any game.  But if you're both having the problem, I'm beginning to wonder if this is a bug that came with the last patch.  Probably there will be another patch when the Pirates and Lords EP comes out soon, so it will be interesting to see if that fixes the problem (I hope).

airland

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 06:18:51 PM »
I am having this exact same problem. I've traded with Tredony as some suggested and that doesn't unlock the recipe. My Sim is on the verge of being sent to the stocks since she hasn't made the bread yet!

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 06:24:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum, airland.  

I've just received my copy of Pirates and Nobles and there was a patch to install at the same time, so I'll have to try and see if my Sims can make fine loaf.  Fingers crossed that the problem has been fixed!

Edit:  Well, it works in my game.  I hope that means it's been fixed for those who've been having problems.

anything