Author Topic: Letter from parents broken?  (Read 5085 times)

audioadren

Letter from parents broken?
« on: August 10, 2011, 11:15:35 AM »

Hey all, did a search could not find a posting on this.

My hero is a hopeful orphan and has the letter from this parents, the first time he got the buff.  Since then any time he reads it nothing happens buff wise.  Even days later and even starting a new quest still nothing.

Anyone else get this?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Letter from parents broken?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 11:30:16 AM »
Welcome to the forum, audioadren. 

I've played a lot of hopeful orphans - it's one of my favourite traits because of the buff - and I've never had them not get the buff from reading the letter.  I sure hope this isn't something that's come from the recent patch.  Have you tried exiting and restarting your game?  Sometimes that's all it takes to fix a glitch.  Have you tried other characters or other kingdoms to see if the problem is with this one character or if it's in all your characters or kingdoms?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

audioadren

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 07:13:31 PM »
I have tried it on 2 different characters, in two different kingdoms, with reboots in between.

The letter works once, then it does not work anymore.

w3etiki

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 06:19:04 AM »
I think it might've worked 3 times for me, but I'm not sure. Seems like the trait is broken now, hope they fix it soon.

Teyche

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 02:13:10 PM »
I'm faced with the same problem. My character also got the initial focus buff but after rereading the letter he never got it again. I have tried it on several characters in several kingdoms. I have patched up untill version 2.0.113.00107.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 02:54:40 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Teyche.  With all the people who are reporting this problem, I think it must indeed be something that came with the most recent patch.  I really hope that they are going to fix it, perhaps with the patch that will probably come when the new EP is released.

Speaking of which, I got a message yesterday that my pre-ordered copy of Pirates and Nobles has been shipped!  Yay!  I hope it gets here soon.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Teyche

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 05:02:41 PM »
 ;D Yea hope they'll be fixing soon, it's pretty much the most convenient trait out there. I didn't see many reports on it though, only this thread and a thread on the EA forums which got shut down (or at least the replies did).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.