Author Topic: I'm Thinking of Buying  (Read 3160 times)

Sportsfan

I'm Thinking of Buying
« on: August 11, 2011, 01:31:33 PM »
Sorry if there are topics like this already but I am thinking of buying World Adventures and I have a bunch of questions. In case it might help I have Ambitions and am patched to 1.22
First of all, I looked online and to buy it through orgin I have to pay shipping, is this true? That makes no sense to me if it is because its a direct download.
Next, is the EP worthwhile if one of the destinations doesn't work?
I know that Photography is very bugged, but that doesn't bother me too much, just those bugs interfere with my game even if i dont do that skill?
If a travel destination stops working, is it just in that save file or all of them?
Is there anyway to fix a destination if it stops working?
I know to save before i would travel and to save as during the vacation, but how game-breaking can those bugs be? If I have saved before will I be able to go back to those saves with the game still working?
Thanks for any help.

CarlosLordofTacos

Re: I'm Thinking of Buying
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 01:36:24 PM »
Well all I can say is that if you like Ambitions you'll probably like WA too. They both have the same... feel to them. As long as you save before you go abroad, things should be good, personally I've never experienced any bugs with it though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 01:38:11 PM »
I have to strongly disagree with you, Carlos, sorry. I for one find WA to be more feel-like Late Night, but that's another subject of course.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Sportsfan

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 02:32:03 PM »
Okay, thanks guys. Does anybody have an answer to my other questions?

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 03:02:32 PM »
WA is definitely worth getting. Personally, I think it's actually way different from any of the other expansions lol. But your questions. If worse comes to worst and one of your destinations doesn't work, it's still definitely worth getting the expansion. Nectar making and martial arts are two of my favorite things to do in the sims.

Usually, a fresh game won't have any travel problems, but when I had the photography bug, a fresh game had it as well. The thing is, though (and I know it will be a pain) if you get one of these more serious bugs, back up your saves and do a clean reinstall. I had both of these bugs and thanks to reinstalling and clearing my caches I no longer have them. However, if your travel destinations, still don't work try switching active households briefly. It's a simple trick that (along with the reinstall and cache clearing) saved my games.

A tip for when you do travel, though. I hate going more than two sim days without saving, so instead of saving over your original file, while vacationing, save in a separate file. Say your game save is Sunset Valley. When you vacation, don't save over this save, click the save as button and name it SV 2 or something.

I've never downloaded anything from Origin, but I'll take a look at it and see what the shipping deal is.

Sportsfan

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 03:04:34 PM »
Okay thank you. So, games that are not new when i install it are more likely to have bugs than fresh games?

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 03:16:53 PM »
Okay thank you. So, games that are not new when i install it are more likely to have bugs than fresh games?

Well, my big problem was that in my old saves were patched up to 1.24 when I backed them up. So when I reinstalled and didn't patch my game up from 1.22 (I was thinking the 1.24 was the big problem) I had a lot of bugs. But then I patched up and did this and I've had no problems since.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sportsfan

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 03:23:01 PM »
Couple of questions Moons:
So you had problems with 1.22 but not with 1.24?
And when you cleared all the caches did that delete all your games?

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 03:27:55 PM »
I had absolutely zero problems with 1.22. When I patched up, though, I got the travel bug and photography bug. Deleting the caches does not harm your games. They are recreated every time you open a game. So they are there to delete again every time you exit your game. You don't have to delete every time, but if you play for a long time or with a big save, you're going to want to because these caches will get very large. Deleting them will just keep your game from running really slowly.

Ok, so I went to Origin via desktop and when I went to purchase (not really), I was only charged tax. The download is $23. Are you doing it through the website or the Origin icon?

Sportsfan

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 03:30:49 PM »
I saw the $23 dollars on the website, but then when I googled prices later the page i was looking at (not the website) said that it had $6 shipping. I dont think that that is correct though. I believe that the website is the correct price. Thanks.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 03:34:02 PM »
Ok, I think they were saying that if you order a hard copy, there's shipping. After your put your information in though, they'll show you the final price before the order is placed though, so just make sure that there's nothing that says shipping on that page.

Sportsfan

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 03:34:46 PM »
Okay thank you. I'll have my dad look at it later.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 03:36:55 PM »
You're very welcome. I hope you love WA. :)

Sportsfan

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 07:19:55 PM »
This is more about the digital download than WA, but if I get the digital copy, and then get a new computer later and get rid of my current simming one, will I have to buy it again?

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 07:23:05 PM »
EA lets you register up to 5 computers. This means you can download then install this onto 5 different computers, but no more. However, you can un-register a computer that you've previously registered so you can install WA onto a 6th computer. Basically, no more than 5 computers at a time can have your digital copy of WA.

anything